Feb Prevention Mag, Abs

cathe4me2

Cathlete
Has anyone by any chance seen the February Prevention Magazine?
Someone gave me a gift subscription. Anyway is has an article Skip the Crunches and still get a flat belly.
The exercises uses the ball and they are planks, side planks, the bicycle....well...you know the ones Cathe is using in the new Intense Series.
An interesting thing it said was "Canadian researchers found that those with the strongest abs (measured by how many situps they could perform) were significantly less likely to die during the study period than those who had the weakest abs.....strong abs mean more muscle and less belly fat"
"There are too many ways to cheat on crunches without even knowing it, such as by pulling on your head or using your hip flexors instead of your abs. These new moves are not only effective for your abs, but they also strengthen your back, butt and arms."

Isn't it great to know that Cathe is ahead of the game. She gave us plank work way back in the CTX Series..:D

Just thought this was an interesting article.

Wanda

Just moving this to the top in case anyone would like to read this article or glance at it in the supermarket.

It also had a point under the heading Flatten you abs while you work. "All the abdominal exercises in the world won't do a bit of good if you have droopy posture the rest of the day."

Trying to get flat abs..:D
Wanda

Thanks for the info Wanda!

I check out Prevention from the library every chance I get! :) While previewing the Intensity series, I was thrilled to see the new ab work! Very tough -- but I need that right about now! I'm trying to get flat abs too!

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.