Favorite Instructors Besides Cathe?

gypsymom

Cathlete
Who are some good instructors with with decent choreography and intensity besides Cathe? I also like Christi Taylor, but know there must be some other good instructors out there that I am missing.

The only other one I like and use is Susan Chung's Rapid Fire workouts. I have #3 & 4 but looking to get the first 2 maybe this winter if they go on sale.

Reactions: llp
I second Susan Chung.

Kristin Dowell's two releases are great, too. The choreography is her first DVD (Hi/Lo something or other) is more complex, but her second release, Dressed Up Drills, offers both simple and more complex. Tons of premixes. She has a modifier, too, showing low impact moves.

Oh no. This looks like a dangerous thread..... :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D Hmmm Glad I am not the one only feeling the same.
This might lead to more and more clare-rifications:cool::cool:

I like Paul Katami, Michael skogg, Sagi with his beast pack promising to turn skinny fat into incredible hulk:D:D:D:D, Anthony AOS, Patrick Goudeau and KC tried her lift and liked it.
My collection is 95% Cathe and do not feel missing out on ANYthing:rolleyes:

oh I like Pauline Nordine too ;-)

Michelle Dozois (Peak 10), Patrick Goudeau (MWT workouts), Bob Harper (Inside Out Series), Susan Chung, Toby Massenburg, Kelly Coffey-Meyer, Jari Love, Shaun T's Insanity, Chalene Johnson's TurboFire and Chalean Xtreme, Ilaria Montagnani, Amy Dixon's Breathless Body workouts and just about anything Jillian Michaels. They all feature regularly in my rotations. But Cathe is always featured most; she's my #1 favorite.

Right now I am doing Body Beast and I like Sagi, but I'm not sure he is or ever will be a favorite trainer. But I do enjoy the workouts. That's actually how I feel about Shaun T and Chalene--I love the workouts of theirs I already own, but I'm not always motivated to purchase their newest workouts. But that could be because everything they do is in a "system" rather than individual workouts.

Some that I mentioned are always autobuys like Cathe--anything Michelle Dozois does in her Peak 10 series, Susan Chung's Rapid Fire workouts, Toby Massenburg, KCM, Jari Love. Most Ilaria Montagnani workouts (especially Atletica workouts) and any Amy Dixon Breathless Body workout. Jillian Michaels is also almost always an autobuy, too. I actually love her workouts, they just don't seem to fit into the rotations I create very well. I usually use her 30 minute workouts as doubles workouts--but my favorites are her Shed & Shred and Hardbody. I love those workouts.

Kelly Coffey Meyer has secured a strong place as my second favorite instructor. Many of her workouts have become go-to workouts for me. She is particularly good with compound moves and strength/toning that keeps your HR elevated the entire workout. I know some believe that she is intermediate in intensity, but I disagree. You can make her workouts as intense as you want them to be. I usually use heavier weight loads than Kelly does during her strength DVDs and, let me tell you, when you choose the correct weight for your body you will be feeling it!

For metabolic workouts, I am absolutely smitten with Patrick Goudeau's more recent releases.

Sagi from Body Beast. Love him and love the program.

Lisa

All the comments about Michelle Dozois being a favorite are right on! This is concerning all her Peak 10 workouts whichc are advanced and challenging.

Not as challenging, but still good is Kelly Coffey-Meyer.

Kelly Coffey Meyer has secured a strong place as my second favorite instructor. Many of her workouts have become go-to workouts for me. She is particularly good with compound moves and strength/toning that keeps your HR elevated the entire workout. I know some believe that she is intermediate in intensity, but I disagree. You can make her workouts as intense as you want them to be. I usually use heavier weight loads than Kelly does during her strength DVDs and, let me tell you, when you choose the correct weight for your body you will be feeling it!

For metabolic workouts, I am absolutely smitten with Patrick Goudeau's more recent releases.

Sagi from Body Beast. Love him and love the program.

Lisa

Agree with Lisa's evaluation of Kelly Coffey-Meyer 100%. My collection may be 80% Cathe and 20% Kelly, partly due to the sheer volume of releases Cathe has put out, but I use each instructor 50% of the time. If you look at Kelly's recent photo of herself at the beach that she posted yesterday on FB, you can only hope and wish to look as good as this aged 50!

Clare

I absolutely agree with Michelle Dozois, Susan Chung, Patrick Goudeau And Kelly Coffey Meyer!

Michelle Dozois Peak 10 workouts are NO JOKE in intensity, love them. They are all around 60 minutes and offer an excellent challenge. Some use weights doing compound moves giving them a metabolic wkout feel and some have no weights but have FULL range of motion. No ab work but you use your core a lot!

Also Susan Chung Rapid Fire series (she has 4). They are kickboxing workouts and she is a blackbelt so there are some amazing combos that are surprisingly easy to follow. She includes heavy bag work in 2 of them. She does a different style for abs that are really effective too! She also includes weight work that zips right along so your heart rate stays up there. Love her!

Patrick goudeau....Lean hot body & extreme calorie burn are tough. They move fast and I have to modify some moves to protect my back. His Hard work conditioning wkouts are more joint friendly and are nice sweat fests! I love his new Kickbox one.

I'm pretty new to Kelly Coffey meyer so her style is different than what I'm used to (Cathe). But she offers a decent cardio and toning challenge with unique moves. I enjoy her personality and encouragement. What also surprised me about her wkouts was that I actually noticed the music and loved it!

I too have mostly Cathe but thoroughly enjoy working out with others! Keeps it fresh!

Hmmm this is a tough one. Love everything Cathe of course but next I would have to say Michelle Dozois's peak workouts and Suzanne Bowen's streaming as I am totally in love with Barre at the moment.

I have similar lists...

Barre...Suzanne Bowen

Others I like...

Bob Harper's Inside Out Method dvds

KCM's 30 Min To FItness...definitely some I reach for more than others

Patrick Goudeau's....more of his recent MWT releases than his earlier stuff

Susan Chung for kickboxing

I have a few Michelle Dozois Peak 10's but they are a bit too high impact and a bit of dread factor but they're good when I want a really high energy workout and I have the energy to do it

As a few have mentioned: KCM (2nd favourite), Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels (sometimes) and Travis Eliot (yoga). The other one who no-one has mentioned is Ilaria Montagnani - no nonsense (with an amazingly ripped body).

As a few have mentioned: KCM (2nd favourite), Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels (sometimes) and Travis Eliot (yoga). The other one who no-one has mentioned is Ilaria Montagnani - no nonsense (with an amazingly ripped body).

I mentioned Iaria! I love her workouts! Especially her Atletica ones, but I love her Power Strike workouts, too. Her newest Power Strike is getting bad reviews tho, so I haven't bought it yet. Don't know if I will.

Cathe is my favorite.

That said, I do admire some of the others who are offering MODIFIERS. For example, Susan Chung has one guy who modifies UP (tougher) and a lady who modifies low impact. Love that! (I love Susan Chung's Rapid Fire: Results.) KCM also has a modifier. I love Kristi Taylor for FUN, tough dance and step workouts. Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge and Core Training is my favorite Amy Bento workout. IMHO the best KB workout on the market is Patrick Goudeau and Heather Corndorf Kickbox Burn. You will move your feet constantly, not just your arms. It's really tough and fun. Tracy Mallett's Pilates Super Sculpt is an excellent Pilates DVD.

I know, I'm an ENABLER!

I wanted to mention, if you like Christi Taylor, do you like step or floor work? Amy Bento and Seasun Zieger are two great ones for fun step like Cathe. Amy is more intense than Seasun; Seasun has slighly more complex choreography and they both have great energy and music! For floor work, have you tried Christi's Cinnamon Spice? It is really a great deal of fun, split into ten songs, so it is easy to use as one long set or just do one-two songs for some light cardio after lifting.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.