Favorite Cardio Coach?

Calee

Cathlete
Which is your favorite and why?
On thier site the last time I looked they were having a sale and I want to get a few, but don't know which ones. If only I could buy 'em all! :p
Calee

My favorites are CC#4 and CC#6 (Candace). They really kick my butt. BTW, I really like them all but #1 and #2 are a bit easy. I sometimes use them as add ons. I've using CC for a couple of years several times a week and I never get tired of them. Enjoy!

This question is nearly impossible for me to answer as I love them all, and my favorite changes with my moods. If I had to pick I guess I'd say that V4 is one that I do a lot, as well as V5. If you're working out on a treadmill you might want to get V7 -- it's the latest release and it's geared more toward runners.

Press Play is right up there with my favorites and gives me a huge calorie burn, but that's not included in the sale (you get this one by making a donation to the Choose Living Foundation).

Have fun shopping and let us know what you get!

ETA I just realized that you also wanted to know "why" certain workouts are favorites. I...I don't know exactly. It has to do with the challenges - the way they're planned out. Some are simply more difficult than others. For me, the #1 reason I like any of his workouts is his power to motivate me. I generally don't enjoy doing cardio, but Coach Sean can actually make me forget that I'm doing cardio. I just kind of get lost in his workouts, and the time flies by, and before I know it, the workout is over!

Well, let's see. That's tough. My current favorite is his new one, Vol. 7. Even though it's targeted more for treadmills, it works really well on my elliptical. I love the first challenge, which is really long and pretty tough... but more of a steady state than any sprint work. And I really love the music in that challenge.

Vol 6 with Sean runs pretty close though, and I think all of the challenges really flow well. Overall, it seems the smoothest.

Vol 6 with Candace... that's a kick-butt workout for me. She does tons of level 4 sprints, and sprints just kill me. But I really like her as an instructor.

Press Play always seems to give me the biggest calorie burn. It's very well put together, but the real reason I like it is the reason Coach Sean made it, and because of our CC PP Saturdays here.

>I love Cardio Coach Press Play. The music is so inspiring.
>But, um, that's the only one I've ever done...;)
>
> I have a hard time with CC because I never know what level
>I'm at. How do you know if you're at a 2? Or a 3? Grrrr. x(
>
>Allison
>
>http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Allison, Do you have a heart rate monitor? If not, I highly recommend it. You will know for sure what level you are on. Also, you will be able to see whether you are progressing. I have a Polar and its really awesome.

>Allison, Do you have a heart rate monitor? If not, I highly
>recommend it. You will know for sure what level you are on.
>Also, you will be able to see whether you are progressing. I
>have a Polar and its really awesome.

Actually I do have a HRM--the Polar F4. At what percentage of your heart rate are you at level 2, 3, 4? Can ya help me!?!?!?! ;) Thanks!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards vol. 7 because I do most of my non-Cathe cardio on the treadmill, and someone mentioned it was geared more to treadmills.
I've heard only good things, I'm excited to try it!
Calee

Hi Allison,

Blue/level one is 55-65%, green/level 2 is 65-75%, orange/level 3 is 75-85% and level 4, red zone, is 85-95%.

I love 4, 5, 6 with Candace (do not have Sean's, yet) and 7.

I use them on the elliptical and absolutely love them!

HTH
Jane

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.