Familiar with other videos?

Hopefully someone can help me!!!!

several years ago I belonged to a gym and used to go to a class that I loved and I would like to find a video similar to the class style. The class was 1 hour 15 minutes long and was VERY tough, it was called "body conditioning". Here is what we did in class: We lifted light weights (lots of reps and quickly) and used compound moves like military presses and squats at the same time etc. We also focused on squats and lunges alone with light weights like 5 or 8 pounds(holding for a LONG TIME and pulsing (etc). We did ALOT of pushups, like 4 or 5 sets of 12. We also used steps to do chest flys and tricep presses on - these too were done quick with high repetitions. Every muscle group was worked. There was no aerobics but the pace was quite quick so your heart was pounding the whole time and sweat was flying everywhere so you really did get an aerobic work-out. I hope that someone knows of videos available similar to this work-out because I would really like to buy them.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!!!!

Kristie Schultz

Kristie,
This sounds a lot like Body Pump. I haven't used the video, but the description is very similar. You can check out reviews at fitnessonline.com or go to collagevideo.com to order. When you said "other videos", I assumed you meant "non-cathe videos", but if not, Power Hour is somewhat similar (though not as fast reps).

Power Hour

I have to agree with Kathryn, it sounds like Power Hour and if you are new to this site and Cathe...get it;-). If you already have it..BodyPump is a great idea...as is the CIA tape-Power Bar Training by two sisters, Alison and Shannon.

If you don't have Cathe's yet..get that first..better production than BodyPump...and Better form than Power Bar Training.

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/naconfer/images/clutzvfsig.jpg

Thanks. I already have powerhour and I love it, but I also wanted something similar to what I described. I'll check out bodypump and CIA powerbar training as you suggested. Any other suggestions from anyone else would certainly also be welcome. The more the merrier. Thanks again!

That workout that you loved sounds exactly like a video from the FIRM!!!! Especially "SuperSculpt",(or "Firm Strength" and "Firm Cardio" don't let the name "cardio" fool you, it's a heavy weight workout that gets the heart pumping).

Hi Kristie - I agree with Crystal, your description sounds very much like Firm videos, especially SuperSculpt, Firm Strength & Cardio, Tough Tape and other "Parts" videos. It's moderate weight lifting at faster reps that keeps the heart rate up. Their website is http://www.firmdirect.com

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.