Equipment for home gym

LizO66

Cathlete
Hello! What equipment should I have for my home gym? I'm looking for a bench, and I'd love a squat rack, but I need something space efficient. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Are you just starting out, or advanced?

Ankle wts, bands, fire walkers, and a step are all very space efficient. Also, you can take most of that with you when you are traveling. Try to think about equip that is multi-purpose, and that you enjoy using. do you prefer dumbells, barbell, bands?
Of course you don't get any more spac saving than digital downloaded workouts too.
Instructables has some great tutorials of how to make you r own equip. while you save up for the quality stuff that lasts. That is, if you are strappe for cash and space.

I've been working out for a while; I need a good bench, but I'd like something multi-functional, and ideally with a smith machine component. Thanks!

It sounds like you have some good ideas and know what you're looking for.

I'll go on to say:

A Stability ball for sure.
There is no need to clutter the room (unless you want to) with a back extension machine or an abdominal piece of equipment.
The Stability ball will do all that and then some!

A door attachment for bands.
There are great exercises to do with those in addition to the barbell and dumbells. There are "heavy duty" bands out there, too, if you need extra strength.

A Pull up bar door attachment would be great, on the other hand a Turbo Tower (which is what I have) can double as a pull up bar as well as a barbell rack.

A spin bike (with an extra gel seat).
They don't take a lot of space, are fairly inexpensive, great cardio and leg exercise, low impact, and are easily mobile.

Good luck!

LizO66 said:
Hello! What equipment should I have for my home gym? I'm looking for a bench, and I'd love a squat rack, but I need something space efficient. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

I bought a bench that folds up when I'm not using it. I bought it used online. I didn't even know they existed. It came with attachments for fly and legs but I took them off because they were not comfortable. My bench has the barbell holder which I find useful.

image-3081594688.jpg

image-1991123079.jpg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.