enlarged pores

laura35

Cathlete
Is there anything you can do for them? I hate my skin. I wish I could go to a dermatalogist and they could just peel the outer layer off and give me new smooth beautiful skin. I dont break out much, occasionally and when I do it is mostly jaw line or neck area, weird I know but I have huge pores and I feel so ugly with the way my skin looks. I use neutrogena foundation but it doesnt cover them but I cant use certain makeup because I will break out then. help!

Use the skincare line called NU-Derm by "Obagi". It is the best. You will get rid of everything from fine lines, large pores, acne to discoloration. You need to commit to it though, its a treatment, not a cover-up, so its pretty aggressive.

You could talk to a derm about using it, or go over to skinstore.com and check out the line.

Also, Clarins makes a product that comes in a little red jar, forgot the name but it covers large pores and fine lines, go their web site to see..Here is the link...http://us.clarins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/beauty-products_charla-krupp's-must-have_instant-smooth-perfecting-touch_C050105002_10051_10204_-1_24177

I have this problem with large pores--only started recently. I think it's a combo of rosacea issues and sun damage. I see a dermatologist and still have the pores but at least she's helped with some of my other issues. Have you had a lot of sunburns on your face or problems with rosacea before?

I think I'll check out what Tneah mentioned, though I'll probably ask the dermatologist first (she's very restrictive in what she'll let me use on my little baby skin).

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

tneah - Have you done this treatment? It wont make you break out like crazy will it? I tell you, If it works I would do it. I am sick of having this skin. thank goodness I dont break out much. I feel that the enlarged pores are bad enough. My skin just doesnt look smooth and my friend has the smoothest skin. she doesnt even wear makeup as she is naturally beautiful. I have to work hard at being just okay looking,skin,hair I just didnt get blessed with either one being good. but hey, I am healthy and athletically strong so I am not feeling that bad for myself. thanks for the advice.

I have used this brand and still do. My skin (not to brag) but I get compliments on it all the time. I work really hard at it though and am consistent with the products,drink lots of water and eat my veggies. It does not make you break out at all. In fact it helps with that problem!

Lainie, you look adorable and mischievous in your new avatar.:7

Hello there :)
Im assuming you have oily skin? Large pores is typically a result of oiler skin, bigger pores usually release more oil. Sometimes trying to skrink your pores with beauty products can cause buildup and oil backups as your pore size is directly related to the amout of output your sebaceous glands are giving off.
Perhaps used in combo with a product regulating saurface oils a pore minimizer would do the trick, that way the pore size can be reduced and the oil production can be regulated.
If this is not your case at all then I would see a dermatologist (well, Id see one anyways). You can't turn to cosmetic products for most REAL concerns with your skin, unless they are at least "cosmeceuticals" (but preferrable pharmaceuticals) and regulated by the FDA, otherwise they really can't live up to most of the claims that they make.

my skin goes thru changes. sometimes very oily and othertimes just a little. but the enlarged pores are more around the sides of my nose and middle cheek area. I also noticed that I have head whiteheads right where the bag area at the eye are for years. I didnt really realize that is what they where. I just thought it was my skin but when I stretch the skin I could tell that they where little white dots or something. How do I get those out from under the skin. they have never surfaced but dont go away.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.