Ecto-chick check 1/13/03

Amadeus

Cathlete
Hey ecto's what happened?!

We miss our Angela, don't we . . . :'(

I have just re-read Cathe's "how I got back in shape after baby #2" post uner the Intensity Series info and I'm sorta copying her. (Actually, she's copying me, but she did it first.) But, what I have on deck until the DVD's show up is basically doing one part per day of Slow and Heavy and a cardio workout. I haven't used S&H like this before. I'm really having good time with it.

Oh, and Robin I was thinking about the rotation Cathe cooked up for us. She thought that I was capable of doing MIC, but I was the one who didn't. So, I DID MIC on Saturday with S & H during the week. I carefully planned so that I wouldn't wipe myself out energy wise on Friday and I "Just Did It"! Now, it definitely wasn't pretty, but I got my sorry behind through it. And after I felt grrrrrrrrreat! My best Austin Powers voice: "Yeah, Baby!!"

This week goes like so:

M-Cardio Kicks, S&H Chest
T-Firm classic, S&H Back
W-S&H Legs/Shoulders and maybe PS floorwok
TH-Karen Voight Energy Sprint, S&H Bicep
F-Powerstrike, S&H Tricep
S-Imax or Circuit Max

I should mention I have upped my workout time from 60 minutes to 75-90 minutes. I am beginning to see some results.

Planks: I've been tackling these nasty bad-boys FOUR times per week. The results in the core have been nothing short of FABULOUS. I didn't realize I still had ab muscle after my fourth pregnancy. Boot camp ain't gonna kick MY booty. :-tired

Have a great week Ecto's!!!!!!!!!;-)

Hey! Just happened to check in today for the first time in ages. Nice to see you guys still miss me!

I have been very ill and have been unable to workout for over a month now. It's amazing how the progress it took me months to make in muscle tone and development can be almost totally lost within a matter of weeks. Not fair!

I worked out yesterday for the first time. Did two exercises for each upper body part - just working on my own, no tape - and using light weights. Boy, am I weak.

I've lost twelve pounds which is not good on an ecto. I need to have my hubby take a nasty looking "before" picture of me while I'm at a low point. Then maybe when I get back in shape, I can submit an article to M&F Hers. Ha.

Angela

Hey, Chicks! It's good to 'see' you, Angela. Does this mean you are feeling better???? Hope so.

Julie, I did that rotation last summer for 6 weeks. I definitely saw strength gains. I didn't lose pounds, but I remember that my clothes were a tad (and I do mean a 'tad') looser. S&H at that time, made me ravenous and sleepy at the same time.

I don't know what I'm doing rotation-wise. I have Donna's cool PS rotation and Cathe's rotation for us ectos that I practically begged for...and now...I just wanna do ALL of my tapes. And that includes the off-the-wall ones. So, I'm just gonna alternate weeks for a while....
week 1-alt UB/LB 4dys, interval cardio once and total body wts. once.
week 2-a 3 day split, interval cardio,2 day split
week 3-same as week 1
week 4-a 3 day split, interval cardio, other cardio, total body wt. workout.

Is that way more than you wanted to know??? :p Anyway, I will alternate hitting each body part 2 or 3 Xwk. :)

PLANKS??? Is that what it takes? OK, I have Ab Hits. Which ones use planks? Kickbox, I know. Is it in the chapters? I'll have to check. Sure I can tack one of those babies on 4 Xwk. I tried to do Winsor Abs 3-4Xwk, but it's just sooooooo long. Now, a 10 min ab thingie, I might can handle.

Oh, I must tell y'all. I only pre-ordered the #2 & #3 DVD's for the Intensity Series. That's the pyramids and BC/ME. So, I made a deal with a couple of other gals at the Ya Ya forum and we ordered the whole set in VHS, so we'd have something while waiting. I ended up with C&W and IMAX 2!!! I'm doing C&W tomorrow. I previewed them and I have to say, they look like the best Cathe's yet. I don't know if you guys have them yet, but I'll post a review of C&W tommorrow on this thread.

Hi to all you Ectos out there!!

Robin http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/flower.gif

Ecto Greetings Julie, Angela and Robin,

Can't say that I have a plan this week. I was sick last week and it felt like it was a wasted week. I wanted to work one body part per day along with shorter cardio for the next 2 1/2 weeks. We are planning to go to Florida the end or January and want some good muscle definition if possible. Problem is, if you can call it a problem, I got the intensity series and wanted to try some which doesn't exactly fit with the plan. I did UBP this morning. It's a great tape, but I was hoping for a slow upper body pyramid, I didn't realize it was so fast moving and I wanted to concentrate more on going slow and heavy in a pyramid fashion. Did that make sense? Anyways, I want to do LL Tuesday, and then do Biceps Wed, Legs Thursday, Shoulders - Friday, and Triceps - Sat. I am avoiding Chest for a while as that's a problem area (long story) I'll probably work back in maybe Sunday. I'll throw in Cardio with all of the above parts. That's the plan and it could change!!!!

Glad to see you keeping this thread going. Miss ya too Angela!!! Hope you will see some great improvement. Remember those muscles have memory and you'll have a goal to work for now!!!! Don't give up.

Briee

Oh yeah, Angela, I finally got the False Fat Diet book from the library last week. Very interesting. I've been eating very similarly for the past 9 months. I get lots of breast infections from this nursing baby so I have to avoid all sugar even fruit, white flour, etc....this list goes on and on. I'm finally on some medication and weaning her this week and my mind is fixed on buying a cappucino as soon as I'm done with this. I actually went through the holiday season without a single Christmas cookie and I hope I don't "crash" making up for lost time once I'm over this nursing thing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.