Early check in for w/e 6/23

H

honeybunch

I have to go out of town, so I'm starting this check in early. This is my fifth week for Lower Body Solution, and I'm backing off from 6 leg workouts per week to 4. It takes adjusting. I also just got the Weight Watchers at Home package to learn the point system to regulate my night eating.

Sunday: rest

Monday: Tough Tape followed by CTX Kickbox cardio only

Tues. Walked outside at 5:45 am when it was nice and cool. THIS is the time to walk! Also did Firm Lower Body Sculpting

Wed. This was my insanity day: Meaner Legs followed by Intense Moves! What was I thinking?! I'll NEVER do that again!!!!!!!!

Thur. Did walk/run intervals at the Y and used their Cybex machines for inner and outer thigh work

Fri. I'm going to do Step Fit and Bodymax upper body weight work

Sat. I'm going to walk again

So, I had cardio 6 days and 4 days of leg work.

Hope you all had a good week and will have a good weekend. I'm going to Elkhart Indiana for a couple of days. I'll search for the "Pastel de les Leches" cake on the net.:9

"It's summertime, summertime, sum-sum-summertime!" All us old chicks remember a song that went like that! That was about the time Sandra Dee and Annette and Frankie Avalon were prancin' on the beaches of Malibu! Oh, my, have I dated myself!!!!!;-)

Hi Hb!! Have a safe trip!! BTW, Meaner Legs and IM!! I know you said you'd never do it again, but just that once makes you my hero;-)! He he he! I'm not going anywhere, but I was sitting here all by myself reading post and thought, "What the heck?" So here is my week and weekend to come.

MON: IMAX

TUES: CJY and BMAX

WED: Cardio Kicks

THURS: Yoga Zone and CMax and squats, deadlifts, calf raises, leg presses, and abs from LL

FRI: Today I plan on doing MIC. HOpefully I won't have to edit this.

SAT: MIS, then I'm off to my own teams game plus a triple header. Pass the sunscreen please!

Sun: YOGA, YOGA, YOGA!!

OK, have a great week all!! Oh and HB? I know that song and I'm only 28! You could never be dated! Enjoy the summer everyone!!

AIMEE

Hi everyone!

I always get so motivated looking at everyone's week. It is truly impressive. I am a cardio freak, but I have been really trying to do weights more often. I am liking the results, but I still don't like it. Thank God for Cathe, she makes it tolerable.

Well, here is my week so far.

Mon- PSCST and 3.5 mile run

Tues- 5 mile run

Wed- PSBBA & Body Max (cardio only)

Thurs- 6 mile run

Fri- (a.m.) 3 mile run, (p.m.) Body Max (upper body only)

Sat- planning on a 8 mile run

Sun- rest, maybe yoga or pilates, but I am really sporadic about doing it.

Take care everyone!
Christine

Hi, everyone! Been awhile since I posted on weekly workouts, but I'm so excited about being two weeks into a four week workout/eating program that I just have to share! My little sis and I have been hard at it...
Sunday...Climbing at Seneca Rocks
Monday...AM: Run 30 minutes PM: MIC floor work, MIS legs only
Tues...AM: Run 30 minutes PM: MIC step and MIS upper body
Wed...AM: Run 30 minutes PM: Step & Intervals CTX cardio only and abs from MIS
Thurs...AM: Run 30 minutes PM: Firm #3 with Sandahl Bergman
Fri...AM: Run 30 minutes and Power Yoga
Sat...AM: Run 30 minutes and Firm Parts Upper Body
Sun...Climbing at the Bellefonte Quarry!

Have a good weekend!
Amy

I like your combining the short run with a short Cathe spurt! Great idea.

I had to get my forum fix in, so I found a library in Bristol Indiana and got on one of their computers! Am I addicted, or what?!

Hi Honeybunch, I'm not a regular poster, although I read the forums on a daily basis! Just curious about the Weight Watchers at home package. Night nibbling is my biggest diet problem! What is the at home package all about?
thanks!

Hi, thought I would join ya'll for check-in. I love checking out this thread it helps me with my rotations!! I need to stick to one, but then I start to think a different rotation might work better:-hmmm. Well here is my week:

MONDAY: Walk/run 1 hour, and Leaner Legs

TUESDAY: All ctx upper body, and ctx all step

WEDNESDAY: Run 30 minutes

Thursday: Legs at the Gym, run 30 minutes

Friday: INTERVAL MAX

Saturday: rest

Sunday: I will do upperbody again and a short run.

Have a wonderful week, and may Christ bless ya'll

Thanks, Jennifer

I had a horrible week. Got my period Monday and had the worst cramps for 4 days. Tuesday I could hardly stand up till 10 am. Had to have someone get my kids and was late for work. What is this all about? Have a doc appt. in 2 weeks. Luckily it's time for my check up anyway, so I don't have to do it twice. Hope he can fix me :-(

Sun. rest

Mon. StepJam warmup, StepMax sec. 3, LL, biked to work and home 6.5 miles.

Tue.-Thur. period Hell

Fri. One exercise per part of PS Series. Short and sweet and about all I could handle.

Sat. 9905 step

Andrea

Hello everyone! Looks like you're have great weeks as usual. Sorry you felt soooo bad Andrea. Those cramps can really get you down. We got back from the beach today. Hubby had a short business trip so I went along. The hotel we stayed at had a workout room (use that term very loosely). We enjoyed the short trip but are glad to get back and sick our son. Missed him terribly.

MONDAY: Happy Hour

TUESDAY: MIGRAINE....no workout, nothing, zip!!!

WEDNESDAY: Bodymax...first two sections

THURSDAY: Bodymax...last section

FRIDAY: 40 minutes on the hotel treadmill...walk/run

SATURDAY: Traveled back from the beach and was a little sore from Friday's workout!!!!

Only four workouts plus I ate A LOT this week! Oh well the four workouts were good ones. Hope everyone has had a great week and has a great one next week!!!!

Kelly

The week started out pretty good but then I descended into hell on Friday and Saturday.
MON--Extreme Intervals/Mindy Mylrea (cardio), Yoga for Intermediates
TUES--CTX Step & Intervals, FIRM Cardio, taught step aerobics
WED--Kick It 2000/Franny Benedetto, CTX Kickbox (cardio), Reebok Power Zen on Core Board
THURS--Took athletic training class at gym, taught step aerobics

Friday was day off. Spent it at the airport in Atlanta. Ate all the wrong foods. Our flight was cancelled and we ended up spending the night in a hotel. Friday and Saturday were a dietary nightmare. I had ice cream both days. Was forced to eat out four times and I feel so icky. My husband and I ended up driving from Atlanta back to Orlando where we live because all the flights were completely booked. We were trying to visit family in Michigan. I spent Saturday in the car with my back muscles in a spasm. Am finally home in possession of a homemade peach cobbler that we bought at a Georgia peach farm. Apparently my downward spiral of a diet will continue a little longer. I will try to redeem myself tomorrow by doing
Cardio Kicks and Mindy Mylrea's Sports Circuit and probably CTX Back to balance out the extra chest work from earlier in the week. Everyone pray for me that I may stay in control and not let that cobbler get the best of me.

Love reading everyone's workouts. It motivates me to work even harder.

Take care all, Cyndie

Hey All!!

Got a good start on the check-in I see, so I decided to join you all.

HB~This "old chick" definitely remembers that song! Do you remember "Beach Blanket Bingo" and "Under the YumYum Tree" movies??? LOL! So, what are your thoughts on the LBS after 5 weeks?

Aimee~Looks like you are starting to add your Yoga back in. It seems you are very busy these days. Keep up the good work!

Christine~Great week for you! Just curious, how long does it take you to run 5, 6 or 8 miles! Whew!

Amy~How fun to have a challenge to do with your sis! Good Luck to both of you. The climbing you do sounds like a blast. I wish we had places like that near us.

Caroline~Nice to see you posting. Hope to "see" you around.

Jennifer~We are glad to have you join us. We will look forward to your check-ins.

Andrea~Bummer week for you. (well, just the three days!) Hope the Dr. can help you. That's no FUN! :-(

Kelly~How nice you got to get away with your hubby for a short trip. It does the heart good to be away and return to those little ones, doesn't it?

I had a so-so week. I went to my daughter's (who of course NEEDED my help with Kennedy!! :7) house for 5 days. Actually, Julie and Scott are doing wonderful even with out me around. :-( Just kidding. I'm glad that they just "fit" right into parenthood so well. It was so much fun to hold and diaper and bathe such a tiny lil' being again. Julie is breastfeeding so I don't get to help with the feedings! Did I mention how CUTE she is???? Couldn't remember!!! Okay, enuf babble~unto my week:

Sunday~usually my day off but I got up and worked out early because I wasn't sure what workouts I would be able to do at Julie's house. 3 Mile jog

Monday~Jogged 35 minutes

Tuesday~Jogged 45 minutes

Wednesday~Jogged 45 minutes

Thursday~OFF!! Was up very late the night before and I was pooped! Plus, Julie, Kennedy & I went to a small luncheon.

Friday~(Back home)~Practiced routines for my new session that starts this Tuesday, Thin Thighs, Great Buns & Great Arms (all 8-10 minute workouts) Julie and I went together & ordered these tapes. Big disappointment! :-( You'd think I'd learn. Need to stick to my Cathe's!

Saturday~Practiced routines again, MIS, IMax!! MISS SWEATY BETTY after all that!:-tired I needed a good workout and that felt good!:7

As you can see, I lacked in the strength department this week including ABS. I'm on my way back though!! Talk to you all this week. I missed you while I was away.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Hey Cyndie!

I missed you on my check-in. We posted at the same time! Glad you're back home! I'll pray for that PEACH COBBLER & YOU!! ;-) What are your thoughts on the core board? Is it a hard workout? I saw it in my instructor Reebok catalogue. Just curious. Have fun with CK tomorrow. FUN, FUN tape!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: Hey All!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-01 AT 01:30AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Debbie,

I sure missed your presence while you were gone! Glad you had fun snuggling with your little angel. I'll bet you miss her already!

I had a good week workout wise, not so much diet wise! But I am working on that.

Monday: AM: Gilad step twice
PM: MIS

Tuesday: AM: Kelly Roberts step
PM: Leaner Legs

Wednesday: AM: Step Max
PM: Karen V. Upper Body

Thursday: AM: Treadmill run/walk 45 min's. (Yuck)
PM: MIS Legs

Friday: AM: Cardio Kicks :-tired
PM: MIS Upper Body

Saturday: NADA (double shift-yuck)

Sunday: Plan to do a Cathe step & PS Legs

Hi everyone - hope you all have a wonderful week. :)

Ruth

Considering I got my period this week AND my hubby and I went to the U2 concert on Thursday night, I'm surprised that my workouts were still pretty good.

Monday: All Step Cardio/Abs

Tuesday: CTX Shoulders/CTX Biceps/CTX Triceps/TKO Boxing

Wednesday: Bryan Kest Yoga - Vol 2

Thursday: Body Max

Friday: CTX Biceps/CTX Triceps/Abs

Saturday: PS Chest/Cardio Kicks/Baron Baptiste Yoga

Sunday: Haven't decided yet...either LL, PS Legs or just maybe all cardio on my stairmaster....can't seem to make up my mind yet.

Have a good week all!

Terri

Hi Ruth!

Thank you! I missed you too! Yes, I miss Kennedy already. Of course, we are putting our car on "Automatic Pilot" today and guess where it's taking us???? I can't stand not seeing her EVERY day. I meant to get back to you on an ealier post. You mentioned being bored when you do your treadmill. What I meant when I posted was for you to watch a Cathe video that you are having trouble with to get the moves down. I'm assuming you have a VCR in front of your treadmill? If not, I would be VERY bored too. Let me know if that helps. You can rewind the parts that are giving you trouble. See if that helps. I need to get moving here or I'm going to be VERY late for church. Have a great day. Thanks for the Welcome back! :7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Hi All,
This is my first time posting my workouts for the week, but here it goes:

Sunday:
Step Works AM
1 mile walk PM

Monday
BodyMax AM
2 mile walk PM

Tuesday
Jog 1 mile, Walk 1 mile AM
Walk 1 mile fast PM

Wednesday
MIS AM
Swam a few laps PM

Thursday
Interval Max AM
Walk 2 miles PM

Friday
Denise Austin Lite & Fit AM (I guess this is considered a day off!)

Saturday
Circuit Max AM

I'm not very good at the rotation thing yet, but have been getting some ideas from this forum. If anyone has suggestions, please don't hesitate to offer them. Thanks and have a great week!

Bellefonte!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-01 AT 07:19PM (Est)[/font][p]Amy, do you live in Bellefonte?? I grew up in State College PA (for the most part--5th grade through college)! Where in Pa are you??
And by the way, your week looked great :) !!!
Here's mine, while I'm here:

MONDAY: planks on ball and floor

TUESDAY: Bodymax--the whole darn thing!!

WEDNESDAY: Imax warmup and 1st interval + Firm SBHT, PS inner and outer and stretch

THURSDAY: PowerCircuit+CK leg and arm drills +LL deadlifts, calf raises, and step DOWNS, + Sculpture upper body +LL and CST stretches!!!!!!!

FRIDAY: 40 min hike in Flagstaff AZ until it began to pour

SATURDAY: rest

SUNDAY: MIS wu and LEGS, LL 1 set calves and 1 set deadlifts + all step DOWNS, PS calves

Upper body Sculpture + all dumbell work from CTX

Have a great week everyone!
Wendy

hiking again

Hi Wendy,

Is that your 1st hike since the knee started giving you grief? Hope that means your knee is doing a lot better. I realize that Flagstaff is pretty high up but isn't the heat still pretty bad? It's been very toasty in So Cal this week so I'm guessing you've been hiding indoors.

Hi Debra!

Well, I just don't want to jynx (sp?) myself, but yes, my knee is feeling MUCH better. I've actually been able to do the leg work from LL etc. with few modifications. I've just been keeping the step out of all workouts, and am noticing good things!

That WAS my first hike in a LOOONG time, and I am feeling some shin soreness! (But--NOTHING in the knee!) It was such a beautiful hike--so different than the dessert ! It was my first time in Flagstaff, too, so I don't know if the temperature was typical, but I think it was in the low 70's--I actually had jeans on, which is UNHEARD OF for me!!! Now I'm back to 110, and you're right, I am hiding out inside for most of the summer!

Thanks for asking, Debra :)
Wendy

My week

Hi everyone,

I had a pretty good week this week; the baby slept every morning long enough for me to work out. Now, I'm visiting my parents for two weeks with my new baby (I am stressed, stressed, stressed - I've been here for 24 hours, and I'm ready to catch the next flight home :)) I am excited because my parents live in Columbia, SC, so I'm going to the Firm studio as often as I can, baby permitting. I'm glad I can workout at a gym for once because I miss the atmosphere that you just don't get from working out at home. Anyway, here is my week:

Mon: Total Body Shaping Mix
Tues: CIA 7005 step and hi/lo (with Franny)
Wed: Tough Tape 2 and Straight Up Sculpt w/ Keli Roberts
Thurs: Tae Bo Adv. Live 4
Fri: PS SLA standing work/PS CST
Sat: Had to be on a plane at 7 a.m.

Get this. I arrived in Charlotte, NC and waited for an hour for my bags, which never arrived. I found out they never even put them on the plane in Little Rock where I started from. Our plane only had about 15 people on it so it wasn't like it was crazy busy or anything. Thank goodness I had a diaper bag for the baby. We finally got our luggage by 9 p.m. last night. I was mad because I was supposed to go to the Firm because some Firm believers had organized a trip, but all my workout clothes and my aerobic shoes were in my suitcase.

Anyway, have a great week.

Emily

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.