Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

EARLY Check-In W/E 4/21

This is a discussion on EARLY Check-In W/E 4/21 within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I am sooo grouchy that my workouts were so lousy, that I figured I'd post my checkin early and "get ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2001, 06:01 AM

Default EARLY Check-In W/E 4/21

I am sooo grouchy that my workouts were so lousy, that I figured I'd post my checkin early and "get it over with"....

I ended up coming down with this awful cold that actually feels more like the flu! I am forcing myself not to exercise (actually I have to admit that the first two days I didn't even THINK of exercising due to lack of energy!)....

So as I sit here drinking my tea with echinacea in it, I'll post my week...

Monday: Nada
Tuesday: MIS Legs/CTX Shoulders/Abs
Wednesday: MIS Chest/Circuit Max
Thursday: SICK!! :-mad
Friday: SICK!! :-mad
Saturday: SICK!! :-mad

I'm kind of hoping to do a yoga workout tomorrow, but so far it's not looking promising....

boo hoo hoo...

Terri

Old 04-21-2001, 07:01 AM
honeybunch

Default RE: EARLY Check-In W/E 4/21

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-01 AT 08:03AM (Est)[/font][p]Hey, stuff happens. When you're sick you SHOULD take it easy, right? We're so programmed to think we have to work out no matter what, that we get stupid sometimes and overdo it. You were smart to take it easy.

I'm SO HAPPY because I was in my first successful ebay auction and fought with ONE other bidder on a set of three Chuck Norris action figures, circa 1986. Oh, YEAH, BABY!!! :7 I got 'em. I am a cheap date and very easy to please, obviously. One I will take to work to perch on my desk and the other I will keep close to my computer, and the other.....give my some ideas. Where should I put Chuck #3? They cost me $12.39 plus shipping!

My week: Damage control from two pig outs Easter week.

Sat: Power Circuit, 20 minutes of hard mowing, and CTX back, biceps and abs.

Sunday: Nuttin', just ate all day

Monday: MAJOR damage control: IMAX!!!!! Fun, fun, fun!!!!

Tues: One of the advanced Taebo tapes from the QVC set, the one in the blue box. This is my favorite Taebo tape of all! What a good work out, and fun!

Wed. nuttin'

Thurs. Leg workout at the Y....tried to keep it low weight and high rep

Fri: Walk at the Y for 45 minutes and PS Chest/shoulder/triceps

Did ok with my weight all week. I believe in keeping tabs, but Hey, that works for me.

Went to an Amish restaurant (Harville Kitchen, Deb H) and pigged out because they sent us a lot of coupons for buying a new house. They thought we'd moved in from out of town, but we didn't tell them any different, and got a free dining room dinner, a free pie, a free bottle of salad dressing, a free pound of candy ($9.99 a pound chocolate), $10.00 worth of stuff from their gift shop, and a free carry-out dinner. I also brought home some Whoppie Pies.

Today I'm moving slow and will do Mindy's Extreme Intervals to get me back in gear.

Have a good week, y'all. It is supposed to warm up this week for us.
Old 04-21-2001, 12:56 PM
Cathlete

Oh, Terri, you NEED to rest when you're sick! I'm doing only 3 cardio per week to rest my knee--it's GOOD to rest!!! (I'm convincing myself...)
Honeybunch, you are a powerful woman. I did Imax this week, too, and I just know you blew me away :-) (Yes, of course I did it low impact--imagine that...)

Here is the first week of my KNEE RECOVERY ROTATION:

MONDAY: CTX Back and Bis, PSLA hams, calves, and floor work, + Kathy Smith glutes and hams
IMAX--35 min, low impact, no step ( I chose this for its lower bpm--Iknow it seems a strange choice for recovery)

TUESDAY: PS CST wu, CTX Shoulders and tris
Living Arts abs video

WEDNESDAY: PSLA wu w/ modifications
BUNS OF STEEL floorwork ***DEBBIE!!!! Greg is very groovy, so are the legwarmers, but YOWSA, my legs were on FIRE!!! Thank you for the recomendation :-)
Body Electric hams and glutes

THURSDAY: Cardio Kicks (modified a lot for the knee)

FRIDAY: rest

SATURDAY: MIS wu
CTX upper body split
LEGS--60 min combo of Buns of Steel, Kathy Smith, and my own stuff (yikes, this was intense)

SUNDAY: I will do about 40 - 60 minutes of low impact cardio

Recovering stinks! I miss my cardio, and my knee still hurts. I'm thinking its cartlidge( sp?)...
Have yourself a wonderful week everyone!
Wendy
Old 04-21-2001, 01:35 PM
Cathlete
DebbieH's Profile Fields

Default Hey HB!

I think you should perch Chuck # 3 in your workout area so he can cheer you on as you do those lunges off the board with a SOCCER BALL under your feet! Then of course, he could shout, "HIGHER" on those tuck jumps!! Hee-Hee! When were you at the Hartville Kitchen? We took my daughter's in-laws from out of town there last Saturday! Yummmm! Homemade STRAWBERRY PIE too! :9

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :-)

"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"
Old 04-21-2001, 01:40 PM
Cathlete
DebbieH's Profile Fields

Default Hey Wendy!

I just logged on to tell you I did Buns of Steel floorwork today! I started 2nd. guessing it wasn't that hard after doing Cathe tapes for a year, but he sure knows how to make those butt-cheeks scream! :-wow!! It's probably been a year or so since I did the tape. I figured I'd give it a whirl to see how it felt. It is quite outdated, but isn't Greg a hoot? I like the part when he says, "People will see you coming, but BOY, will they see you GOING!!! Glad you liked the challenge. Hang in there with your knee. You're doing the right thing by cutting back. Sending Healthy Vibes your way.

Old 04-21-2001, 01:44 PM
LoveMyLab

Default A Quickie

Hi Everyone,

I have to leave for work so this will be quick.

MON: Power Max
TUES: Interval Max
WENS: Circuit Max
THURS: MIC, ran 3 miles
FRI: Cardio Kicks
SAT: Body Max

Hope your all doing well! Terri hope you feel better soon!

Laura
Old 04-21-2001, 02:04 PM
Catheite

Hi guys!

Terri, I am amazed you could do MIS when you felt so lousy. Hope the echinacea helped and that you're on the mend.

HB congrats on Ebay success with Chuck :-jumpy The thrill of victory! I am currently bidding on some Smokey Robinson autographed memorabilia and am determined to win! I recently lost out on a Smokey CD :( the bid went up to 36.00 for a used CD - too much in my opinion. The good thing about Ebay is that someone else always comes along with the same thing for cheaper if you're patient.

Wendy, I hope your knee is recovering. My knees have been a little squirrely lately and I know the smart thing to do is to lay off some of the higher impact stuff before I manage to really injure myself. Sigh. It's so hard to gear down when you get addicted to that high intensity.

BTW, Debbie H - how's your elbow?

My week, not too exciting:

S: PSBBA + MIC hi-lo
M: PSCST + MIC step
T: LL
W: CK
Th: Bryan Kest Yoga
F: CMX

I've been trying to do a rotation with cardio after weights for a change of pace but only managed 2 days of that this week.

Hope everyone else out there is doing well and has a great upcoming week.

Lorrie

Old 04-21-2001, 02:05 PM
Cathlete
DebbieH's Profile Fields

Default Hey Terri!

Sounds like you need a break! Enjoy a little down time. Get well soon!

Old 04-21-2001, 02:24 PM
Cathlete
DebbieH's Profile Fields

Default Hi everyone!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-01 AT 08:34AM (Est)[/font][p]Hope Spring has sprung in your area. it is 70* here today! A lil' rain mixed in too! :-( Here's my week;

Monday~Spin with Jay for 45 minutes, Taught a Hi/Lo class in the afternoon with toning & ABS

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo with toning & ABS in the AM and then went to an instructor friend's class in the PM (Fun class!)

Wednesday~IMax!!!! I did ALL those power scissors! :-jumpy Let me tell you, I was huffing & puffing. Glad there wasn't a camera around! Mindy's killer floorworkout, I thought this tape would be all floorwork but it actually was a totalbody workout. Nice for a change of pace.

Thursday~Taught 2 Hi/Lo classes with toning & ABS

Friday~CircuitMax

Saturday~MIC, both the Hi/Lo and Step sections! WHEW, what a workout when combined. My HR Monitor was beeping away! Original Buns of Steel w/Greg Smithey. As if MIC wasn't enough torture. I decided to tack this on the end. Let's hope I can get out of my theater chair tonight after the movies!!

Sunday~REST, cause we ALL need them.:-tired

I am starting back with VERY light weights on my strength work. At my classes, I used no weights at all but contracted the muscle very tight. At home on Mindy's workout, I just used 3-5 pounders for upper body and only 5 pounders for lower body work. I think I'm getting there with this ole elbow of mine. SLOOOOWLY, but surely. Have a great week everyone. I am cleaning and trying to get ready for my sis & her family coming in from Florida late tonight. Her hubby's Dad died and they live about a half hour from here. It will be nice to visit with my sis! :7 Can't wait for the new DVD's !!!

Old 04-21-2001, 04:58 PM
Catheite

Default RE: Hi everyone!

Terri, I am with you this week. I got a very nasty cold and was all achy and stuffy so working out was not at the top of my list. On top of that I hurt my back. On top of that my period started. AND on top of that I got an eye infection and had to wear my glasses for two days (prescription is not up to date and could not see very well) instead of my contacts. I feel better now and hope to start fresh Monday! :-) Slowly of course!

MONDAY: Nothing

TUESDAY: 2-mile walk

WEDNESDAY: Kathy Smith's Step Workout (1st section)
Tamilee's Total Body Stretch (floor)

THURSDAY: Cleaned out house and cooked fried crappie, french fries and hushpuppies for a friend of my husbands

FRIDAY: Nothing

SATURDAY: Yard work...BIG TIME!

I hope I don't feel pathetic when I start working out next week. I will just consider this past week a rest week which makes me feel better about it... it really was pathetic but I felt the need of a rest week coming on for a while. It just takes something getting my attention to actually take one!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful week!

Kelly