Donna (Getnfit@39), I *must* have it!!!!!

JamminX3

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-02 AT 08:05PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-02 AT 08:02 PM (Est)[/font]

Hi, Donna,

Do you remember that last yr about this time you posted a rotation (I *think* at my request, but I ain't sure)that you used and lost so much wt. that a too small outfit was too big after a month????? Remember that? I had a copy of it and now I can't find it!!! I'm sure it was a PS rotation with cardio.

Really, my beloved rotation collection (*kissing and hugging my folder now :*)wouldn't be complete without it. If you'd post it for me (again), I'd be most grateful.

(I know, I need therapy.....off to fondle my videos...)

Robin http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/flower.gif

Yes, please post that rotation for us. I foolishly saved my rotation collection in my computer and when it crashed I lost all of them. I'm now trying to rebuild my rotation collection.
Thanks,
Carolyn

I'll check my log and post it here. I do remember the time frame because I bought the outfit to wear to my parents for Christmas last year and I purposely bought it smaller to give me "incentive" and by Christmas day it was too big! I remember the rotation started last November and ran up til Christmas. I'll pull out my log and post back here in just a bit.

Donna

Fitness~It's a journey, not a race!

Got it!........................

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-02 AT 09:26PM (Est)[/font][p]I found it, it was a 6-week rotation.

week 1 & 2:
m: 60min cardio + PS-BBA
t: 60min cardio
w: PS-SL&A
t: 30min cardio + PS-CST
f: CardioKicks
s: PowerHour
s: 30min stretch

week 3 & 4:
m: CardioKicks
t: PS-SL&A
w: 60min cardio + PS-CST
t: 60min cardio + PS-BBA
f: 45min kickboxing cardio
s: MIS

week 5 & 6:
m: 60min cardio + PS-CST
t: PS-SL&A
w: 60min cardio + PS-BBA
t: CardioKicks + PS-CST
f: 30min cardio + PS-SL&A
s: 60min cardio + PS-BBA

Now, also according to my log I weighed 264.5lbs at week 1 and was 227lbs at the end of week 6, so although it was a 37.5lb loss, my weight was much higher so you have to consider that in looking at the big picture. The more weight you have to lose the more you will lose, so good luck with it and I'd love to know what your overall results are if you do try it. :)

Donna

Deborah...........

I have to admit that when I was pulling up that info I said to myself, "wow! I remember really going through it back then!" But this is why I also try so hard to get others at higher weights to "jump on the Cathe wagon" because I know that if you just push yourself to get through it, Cathe does the rest! It is harder initially, and there is MAJOR modifying for things like air born jumps, jacks, etc., but eventually your body becomes accustomed to it, even at a higher weight. And the weight loss benefits are tripled at higher weights. This same rotation today "might" give me a 1#/week loss IF I also watch my caloric intake carefully!

And trust me, when you're 260+ pounds, all the motivation you need to get through a rotation like that is to see that scale go down 5# every week! It really helps you focus on your goals!

Donna

No problem............

Actually I should thank you, I might have to revisit this rotation! :)

Donna

RE: Thanks Donna !!!!!!!!!!!!

This rotation sounds fantastic, I can't wait to do it - can anyone recommend what I could do instead of the PS parts ? I haven't invested in that series yet ? I only have MIS and PH.

Thanks

Anna :)

OOOHHH...you have to get PS. I debated about it for the longest time because it was an older series, but EVERYONE kept recommending it. It has to be the best 3 day split series you can get. It really does deliver results. I bought it in July and still keep using it.

RE: Got it!........................

Thank you for sharing! I've just completed an 8 week PS rotation similar to yours. On upper body days I only did 35-50" of cardio, due to time constraints.
I didn't need to loose any weight, but this rotation really does help to firm up. All my clothes fit really nice. (looser than before)

Now, if I can stop with the Christmas cookies maybe I can maintain these nice results!

Judy

Live by the golden rule: treat others as yourself :)

Hi Anna,

I'm not sure either of those would do unless you split up MIS into body parts (back, biceps) (chest, shoulders, triceps) (legs)and tried plugging them in on each PS day. That's about the only thing I could think might be a substitute? Not sure how or if it would work the same?

Donna

p.s. the others are right. PS Series really is a good investment!

Donna C:

You were doing Cathe vids at an even higher weight than that were you not? If I recall you started on Cathe closer to 300? It is doable I agree with you because I've done Cathe at higher weights. Yes, one must modify but it's just amazing how all of a sudden you get "spurt" in your fitness and can raise your step or do moves you couldn't even the week b4 isn't it?

Love
Edith
Big Girls Can Toooo

Man, that is a nasty rotation Donna!!! Did you ever get shin splits when you were heavier from all that impact??

I would love to try it just to see what my results would be, but I hate HAVING to invest more than an hour a day on weekdays. Sometimes, the second hour just doesn't happen. Maybe I will tweak it for more exercise on the weekends...Thanks Donna...

Janice

Hi Janice,

I actually never had a real injury even once. I had a sore ankle/foot once from falling off my step while trying to do some fancy move from "Crunch: Fat Blaster, The Next Step" and had to do 2 weeks of yoga and weights (no cardio)to take the impact off my foot but that's the closest I've come to real injury. As a matter of fact it was the 2 weeks prior to the rotation listed above.
Now, when I gave jogging a try, I think I was about to get a nasty case of shin splints then because my lower legs were on fire! I quickly gave it up, too much pain!

But Edith is right. Cathe is do-able for any weight as long as you're willing to modify until you can do it mod-free. And it happens over the course of time. One day you're not jumping on the "power 7's" and suddenly a few weeks later you're jumping them all! Your cardio capacity grows and your body eventually becomes strong enough to withstand it. You just have to pace yourself! :)

Donna

Edith................

Yeah I was. I remember having to be grounded for ALL of CardioKicks! I might could get out the shuffle for part of it, but all my jacks were "heel jacks" and the drills at the end where you do the "sequencial kicks", I did them standing in place! I was always afraid if I did jump in the air it might be too much impact coming down on 1 leg, so that was modified for a long time! And even grounded it was a tough workout! :)

I'll tell anybody that Cathe is an even greater bargain when you're overweight because first you learn it with modifications, then after you lose weight and can handle more impact, you get to "really" do the workout and it's new all over again! :)

Donna

p.s. clearly I'll be having this experience with BootCamp! And Imax 2!

Thanks Everyone for your advice, I think I know what will be ordered in March, the PS series !!!!!!!!!! I think I will do as you have suggested Donna, and split MIS/PH into body parts until then. It looks like a great rotation. At the moment I am ill (chest trouble - coughing and spluttering), so the rotation will be on hold until then !!!!!!

Anna :)

Wow guys,this one came along just in time.I was looking for a new rotation and i didn't read all the way through this one.So,I just came back to it and when I got to week 5&6 I was amazed.This one is going to be tough.
Donna, what I like about this is that you don;t say which video to do.Every morning when I get up,I always have to do the video that I am in the mood to do.So, that is great.I also love the fact that it starts on Mondays.B/c I would have liked to start today but I don't have the time.I was going to do Cardio Max now.
Also I am assuming that a 60 min cardio is something like Rythmic Step or Step Max? Or do you mean that I have to be doing 60 min of cardio, warm up not included?And how many times did you put imax in there?
And call me crazy but on Week 5&6.I may put another cardio workout on Sunday.Just a CTX one.
Thanks alot Donna,Once again you have made alot of people happy.I am so excited about this!!!!Something to tie me over until the new videos get here.
LOri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.