Dog names vs. people names

pjlippert

Cathlete
I wanted to find out how many people out there experience this same thing. Our apartment complex has a lot of dogs- a majority of the households own dogs. It's funny to me that many - if not most of us are inclined to remember the dog names before we remember the people names. Such as- Oh- "you are Dakota's owner/mom/dad". Often times- they remember me as "Wolfy's mom" vs. Pam.

What's up with that?? Do you find that happens to you as well??

Inquiring minds want to know!

Pam

Never really thought about it, but it is true for me too. I remember the pet's name better than the owner. I wonder if it because we connect more with the animal. This is going to sound terrible, but it's like we are more interested in the animal than the person. With people we put up our guard and do not allow them in right away, whereas with an animal they jump straight into our hearts.

LOL

Funny, in the dog world, I often refer to myself as Romeo's mom or Isabella's mom. So don't feel too bad, I may have not told you my name. :p:D
Fur or skin kids, I'm always someone's mom.:eek:

That or the names are easier to remember.

Wolfy? like Mozart or Wolfy from 10th Kingdom?

Yep. His official name is Wolfgang Amadeus Lippert! He chose his name when we were watching the movie and Mozart's wife said "Volfy!". He looked up at the TV and the name stuck from then on! Plus, being a Bichon he has a big fluffy head of hair! So it fits! The name the frat boy had for him prior to Wolfy adopting us was Pi Kappa- he never really responded to that name!

I also think animal names are just more unusual so they stick in our brain more. Those are the ones I remember most anyway.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.