Does your dog need a nanny?

Boybert

Cathlete
okay girls. enlighten me. I hang out on another chat board & this woman just got a brand new Siberian Husky puppy. Well, then she says she hired a nanny for the puppy b/c neither her nor her hubby are willing to get up at night with him. They are both attorneys and work massive hours. So I confess I initially thought she was off her rocker to have a nanny for a pet and that gee, you shouldn't really have a pet if you aren't willing to take care of its needs. Now I've heard of dog walkers and such, but come on. So, am I totally out of the loop? Do people really do this? I guess I just can't imagine people like this trying to raise children, which she said she wanted in a few years.

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

Debbie -

When I first read this I thought "How hilarious!! Some people must have a lot of expendable income on their hands!" But now I see it's rather sad that she's not willing to put forth the effort to raise the puppy on her own. It's seems more like a "token" dog. That's all part of having animals - being responsible for them 24/7, just like kids. If they don't have time, they have no business getting a pet.

I sure hope she doesn't plan on raising her kids that way. Those will be some sad, neglected kids if all they see is the nanny. :-(

Angie

I agree with Angie.

A pet sitter is one thing. A "nanny" because you don't want to get up at night to deal with the dog is a selfish indulgence.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.