Does anyone use a juicer?

Mikkia

Cathlete
Hi all. I haven't posted in a really, really long time. I have been recovering from some health problems. Anyway, for Christmss my inlaws gave me a Jack Lelane juicer. I have been using it since Christmas (they have been here at the house since Christmas!) and have been force feeding me juice. You name it they'l juice it. I goggled the topic and it came back with a lot of information on enzymes that are present only in fresh juice because pasteurization kills them in commercially sold juices. Does anyone here have any info on this? I can say that I have lost 4 to 5 lbs since doing this, really unintentionally. I think it must be alot of water retention. Anyhow, anyone with experience with juicing I'd love your observations.

I own a juicer and have used it off and on. Some people say you are getting rid of the fiber and the people who sell the juicers say the lack of fiber enables the vitamins etc to hit your blood stream faster- or something like that.

I never really got into it, but I do think the half carrot half apple juice is every bit as good as a milkshake.

hmmmm maybe I should dig mine out!

I use both. I have an old Oster that I use for carrot juice and use a blender for green smoothies and whole fruit smoothies. I think a little of both juice and blending is good.

Susan N

I just started juicing after I got a juicer for Christmas. I drink once glass of juice (mostly vegetable juice) every morning.

I haven't lost any weight. I have noticed improvement in my skin, but I don't know if it's related to juicing or not. I haven't researched it.

How often are you juicing and what are you drinking?

Sorry I hadn't replied (life gets in the way!) I am juicing twice a day, once in the am and once in the afternoon with some protein (chicken or turkey) sometimes my stomach gets a little weird with the veggie juices. I drink straight veggie juice in am and fruit in afternoon. Usually 2 carrots, celery stalk, cucumber and parsley. the fruit juice is orange or grapefruit orange or green juice which is kiwi, apple and cucumber.
I have notice my skin looking clearer too. I was hoping to get some detox benefits with juicing and I have lost a few lbs. so maybe I am.
Got any good recipes?

I weighed myself this morning and I finally see that I have lost a few pounds!! yeah finally! I have been the same weight forever so its nice to a decrease.

As far as recipes, just yesterday, I took out a few juicing recipes from the library so I'm going to experiment.
I like the Dr Oz green drink which is:

celery
fresh spinach
cucumber
apple (I use 1/4 to 1/2)
lime
ginger (which I don't always use)

It's very good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.