Does anyone measure and store protein in serving sizes?

MRSchultz

Cathlete
This may be a very crazy question, but I'm trying to get some menus organized for a whole week at a time - that will take ALL the guess work out for me. The clean eating is where I REALLY struggle so if I have it planned for a week I think I'll be much more successful.

So, to do that, I'm thinking of grilling/cooking up a bunch of chicken breasts-measure them out and put in baggies or containers so I just grab and go. Any other shortcuts you guys do? Have any of you done this and found it works or not??

Thanks a bunch!
Marcia.:)

I always do this with my chicken. Whenever we grill, I girll up a bunch of extra chicken breasts. I weigh it out and put it individual zippable freezer bags and throw it in the freezer. Then I can grab one or two to take to the office with me. It is a good idea to mark the date on it with a sharper to make sure you use the older ones first.

Jean

Marcia, I do a bunch of chicken on the George at a time. Then I cut it up and toss it into the little 3oz. tupperware type containers.

Mine don't last long enough for me to fret about which to use first. Plus my freezer is wonky so I try not to let anything sit in there more than a couple of weeks.

I also eat sardines in water and that's pretty straightforward since a can is a serving.

Hey Marcia! I typically always portion out my leftovers into Tupperware bowls for easy lunch reheating. I'll add a chicken breast & 1/2 cup brown rice or whatever I've made for dinner. Makes it easier & that way if I *do* want more, I have to make the effort to take the next bowl out of the fridge & reheat....

I always cook up extra chicken breasts, boil a dozen eggs at a time, etc. Makes it much easier when things are all ready to go!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.