Does anyone elses stephave whorbels?? ??

ReneePruitt

Cathlete
Not even sure how to say it spell it or whatever. I bought my stepper frome amazon but it is a cathe name, I got it about 9 months ago before that one i had a smaller one i did fine. I got the new one like i said 9 months ago. I was so excited i did not feel concern over the "Whorbles" Because i thought it was not big deal it is how it is made.

But as alot of you know i have been complaining of my feet.. Im wondering if anyone elses stepper had this or was mine defective? I know nothing i can do now because i have had it 9 months. But just curious if this may be what started my feet having the pf flare ups. Not that I want to complain im just curious because i gave my old one to my sister. She never used it and im hoping she will give it back so i can try it but she is in another state then me i may not ever see it again. But was curious as to what others thought about this. Can a small thing like that hurt? I think i may because my feet are sooo sensitive i can tell if there is a slight hump in my shoe, if that makes since.
I wish i would have sent it back but i was just to excited to do Cathe dvd's that i had just discovered!! Still i know silly of me to not send it back :( Thanks on your feed back!

Last edited:
I was never sure how to describe it, but I too had an old step, then bought a newer one and "felt" the under part of the step more than I ever did with my old one. I can live with it, but I've definitely noticed a difference.

Lisa

I plan on getting mine back as I said in one. Of the sentences up there. I was curious if anyone else felt the same thing. And as I also said it didn't "bother" me at first but over time I have developed pf.trying to think of what may be triggering it. I don't really have the money to buy a new step again.

horsing around said:
I was never sure how to describe it, but I too had an old step, then bought a newer one and "felt" the under part of the step more than I ever did with my old one. I can live with it, but I've definitely noticed a difference.

Lisa

Well I wonder if they are all that way. It may be the way there made and it may not be the issue then. Hoping to get the one back I gave away to my sister. Lol.

My club step (Cathe Brand) doesn't have an issue. I do however have to replace my High Step. When you step in the center of it, it feels as if though your foot is going to fall through it. It feels like perhaps it's cracked or broken, but I can't find anything wrong upon inspection.

I've had mine for about 4ish years.

I don't know where you live, but Dick's Sporting Goods carries Cathe's Club Step (or at least they did). You could buy a new one from them, if you were interested in a new purchase, and test it out. That way it's a lot easier to return!

I've noticed my large step bench has two indentations crossways. I'm not noticing anything when I use it. Maybe its time to replace it. Anyone know when they should be replaced?

I've noticed my large step bench has two indentations crossways. I'm not noticing anything when I use it. Maybe its time to replace it. Anyone know when they should be replaced?

Now that you mention it, I have that too. It's what my High Step has. I just assumed these things would last a while. Huh. Perhaps the material breaks down after a while in the places that are used most; kind of like keyboard keys.

fox2star said:
stupid question...what's a "whorbel"?

Well the length of my step has three ridges in it all along the step. Two dips length wise
Hard to explain but u can't see it. But you can feel it. I was just trying to find what can b irritating my pf. I got this one about 9 months ago I started having feet issues a month after I got it. Just never thought it would be a problem. It may not be. But if I can feel the littest bump in my shoe .. just thinking. I guess if it never caused a problem for others then maybe its ok. I just hate getting a new one again and that isn't really the problem. I don't have a lot of money so I'm waiting on my old one from my sis. She will give it back. She doesn't use it.
Thanks for ur input. I see it doesn't bother your feet lol so I may b reaching then.

I don't think any imperfections in the surface of the step itself can cause PF. PF comes from within you, from the structure of your feet and the current state of your tendons and ligaments. They are probably not as elastic as they once were, and age is a factor here.

Still, when you are doing a step workout, you want to lose yourself in it, not be constantly worried about weird shit you keep feeling, I get it. Princess and the pea syndrome!

As you say, time to tell your sister she has had that step long enough and could she please put it in a box and fedex it back to you!

Clare

maddiesmum said:
I don't think any imperfections in the surface of the step itself can cause PF. PF comes from within you, from the structure of your feet and the current state of your tendons and ligaments. They are probably not as elastic as they once were, and age is a factor here.

Still, when you are doing a step workout, you want to lose yourself in it, not be constantly worried about weird shit you keep feeling, I get it. Princess and the pea syndrome!

As you say, time to tell your sister she has had that step long enough and could she please put it in a box and fedex it back to you!

Clare

I agree it wont cause it.! Just thinking if it could irritate it. Sis is on the ball she coming in soon and bring it with her! Whoo hoo..

Did you start reducing the fat in your diet at that time? I noticed that I do much better with my flexibility when I have had enough fat in my diet (especially fish oil and CLA.) I also just went through a PF issue, upped my fats, laid off the foot for a while, iced it, and bought new shoes. Hugs, I do feel your pain.

I hope that you are feeling better now.

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.