Do you watch them?

KimDW

Cathlete
Does anyone watch any of the daytime soap operas? When I was younger (in school) I used to watch Days of Our Lives. Now I watch Young and the Restless (when I have a day off work). Just wondering.

Kimbra

I haven't been able to kick my As The World Turns habit. I have been watching for about 24 years. I used to watch Days and Y & R back in the day.

Tammy

I used to watch "Days" too. It is so weird now to watch it. I saw a little the last week due to the holidays, and they bring back actors from the past and put them in new roles. It is too bizarre.

ps. they need to quit killing off Jack. How many times do him and Jennifer have to be broken apart.

Jean

I am hooked on Y&R and have been for years. The only problem is I don't have enough time to watch a whole episode a day and as a result, I have three month's worth of Y&R taped that I am watching. I just keep taping it every day and watching the tapes when I can!! As a result, three months behind!!

The only soap I ever watched was "Dark Shadows" in the late 60's. I have them now on DVD so I can get my gothic soap fix whenever I feel like it.:)

I used to watch Loving (remember that one?)and General Hospital...as a 10 year old with my much older big sister!

I have always watched All My Children (since about 1979!!!), too and I still catch it from time to time. It was something I had to give up cold turkey, as it truly was an addiction and I wouldn't talk to anyone or answer the phone when it was on. It was a bit over the top!

Jenn

I used to watch Days of our Lives and in fact recorded it yesterday since I haven't seen it for awhile. So how funny you ask! My youngest memory is a crib memory of the Days of our Lives theme song playing and I was standing up in my crib crying - my grandmother was watching me and she was a fan. That's the only crib memory I have. Weird, huh? And the song still reminds me of her (she died when I was 10).

My sweet DH set up our Tivo to record Dr. Phil and Oprah and I would pick and choose which episodes I wanted to watch and delete all the rest. But I just felt like I was wasting too much time watching tv, so I cancelled the timers. Ah, such discipline!

Susan

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I have to admit I follow Days and All My Children on their websites. When I do catch Days on a day off it's just soooooo cheesy!! But, I've been "hooked" for a long time so it's nice every once in awhile to check in and see what's happening now.

I used to watch Days religiously, and my friend would even make me do the John Black eyebrow}( And yes, they do need to quit killing off Jack!
Brandi

http://www.picturetrail.com/jackieboy

The first and only time I got into soap operas was when I had the flu about 17 years ago and was stuck at home. I watched three different soaps (can't even remember them, now,"Santa Barbara"? One with A Martinez--the same one or a different one? The Young and the Restless?) and got hooked (even though at first I didn't understand WHAT was going on with WHOM! I kept watching them for a few months, then got back out of the habit.

When I was in college I loved DOOL and GL but haven't watched in years and years at this point.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

I'm a General Hospital junkie! Thanks to my cable company carrying SoapNet, I can now catch GH at 10 p.m. or at 9 a.m. the following day! I love it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.