Did I do that...UGH!!!!

lulu68

Cathlete
So I have been using mineral foundation for about 14 years now from a local gal that custom blends her own mineral makeup, wish I love by the way. But I had become somewhat fustrated becasue she's about 45+ minutes away from where I leave. The reason I was getting fustrated because I never new if my blend was still working for me and I never had the time to go over there. It had been 5 years since I last seen her and I would just order online, but just didn't want to do that anymore without getting an updated consultation. So I decided to go to Sophora (wish I never been to) and they gave me the Luara Mercier tinted moistirizer, wasn't sure I liked it and ended up setting up an appointment from my very busy schedule and went to see the gal that custom blends my mineral foundation (Zethina). So she made a few changes to my foundation added more spf to it and other stuff, I also purchase 3 foundations, lip gloss, and eyeliner, wish I knew it was going to be a little on the pricy side because of my foundation wish is $55. Anyways she's also a skin expert and recomended that I use a differernt moistirizer that would help the the very light melasma that I have on the temple of my cheek, what I didnt ask how much it was, but knowing the brand (physidormie) I new it would be over the top expensive. But because I'm such a PUSHOVER, I could't say not at ths time thank you. I come to find out that the little tube was a whopping $95!!!! I'm so upset at myself!!!! I will definately never spend that much on a little tube, when what I was using (oil of olay) for $10 has been doing a good job. UGH!!!! I'm so much hating to drop money on all ths beauty products,hair, etcc...that's just not me, I'm just a simple girl. The worst thing about it is that I will probably never, never, ever use the darn eyeshadows because I don't know a darn thing about how to apply makeup to my eyes. I'm so ashame that I will never confess to my husband or anybody in my family how much I spent for a little tube of moistirizer!!! Thanks for listening!

Lulu

Lourdes

Me to! Clinque .. I got foundation and eyeliner was supose to b waterproff! Not. My foundation is to light. I thought so but wasnt sure..that she knew what she was doing.i come home and my husband who is very honest said it LOOKS like makeup and I look washed out. Icant take it back ..not sure theyd take it now. But yah I do look pale in it. It does look pasty to!
Dont feel bad.. I dont know how to say no either

Lourdes,

I've done that too. They are there to sell and they're good at it. You learned a big lesson just don't let them do it again. I say that, because I fell for it yet again not to awful long ago. UGH is right. I got soooooo mad at myself. It won't happen again.

Janie

Hi,

that has happened to me and just an FYI...you can take it back, as long as you don't let a lot of time go by. I have taken back all kinds of foundations, ( including Clinique) that the sales person said was "perfect" for my skin, but when I got home it was awful!

I signed up to be a Mary kay consultant. sold a few things to my mom, that was about it. My whole kit went to waste, I should've returned it, never did. It's just not me. i don't wear make up. I have very limited sales skills. If we were in the grocery store and you were not sure what to make for dinner, I can sell you some veggies and tell you what to make. beyond that, there's not much I can sell. and I have so much trouble saying no too. they get you in this environment where it's all exicting, and you think I can do this. I won a leather (prob. fake) jacket during a raffle, at least I have that. Nothing agaainst the products, I just cant afford to buy or sell them, and they don't fit me. It was stupid to think it would work. so I'm trying to learn from it, and at least now you've learned too.

Btw, i'm washing with lava soap, and it's going well, lasts a long time. started recently using homemade masks from over ripe avacado or honey and cinnamon. I already have it, and these days even organic honey is cheaper than a tube of mask.

I wanted to try Clinique's BB cream. They were happy to fill a very small jar with it. It was enough for me to try for a week. I decided against it, but I was very thankful they gave me the sample. They saved me money for sure!

Don't sweat it for long. I went to the mall in Sep to take something back but to get to the store I needed, I had to pass through Macy's. Made the mistake of checking out the nail polish colours at the Chanel counter, got sucked in to looking at the new fall range and came away with two eyeliner pencils and nail polish and spent $90 myself. I have never, never, never spent more than about $6.99 on a make up item in my life. Drat!

I use the eye liners, all the time, and I will use them up, but I don't think they are any better that Physician's formula, $11.99 for 3 at Target....oh well, live and learn.

Clare

I got some expensive makeup from Macy's once (Laura Mercier) and then felt stupid and foolish and definite buyer's remorse.

I took the stuff back to the store and got my money back!!!! I wonder if you could do that!!! I said it just was not working for me (which it wasn't)

Bummer! I'm sorry:(

It's definitely something that happens, though, to everyone at some point!

As for your family, if you end up telling them, just say "oops! I won't do that again!" because you won't:cool:

And ya know what, even if it does happen again at some point down the road it will be okay;)

Great ideas on trying to return it if you have the time to drive out there again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.