Desperate for a new mattress

fitnessluvr

Cathlete
My DH husband and I NEVER sleep through the night, we toss and turn and wake up in pain. Our current mattress looks more like a hamock. The sleep number beds looks promising, however I heard that on the king mattress there is a "wedge" between the two air chambers. The memory foam mattress also look promising, but they almost feel like they would wear out in a short amount of time. Any opinions on a great mattress?

My husband and I bought a Tempurpedic last fall. We LOVE it! It is the best mattress we have ever had. So far, it is standing up to wear and tear. My brother has one too, his is over three years old and he still loves his. We do not toss and turn any longer, and if he moves, I can't even feel it. I'm not even aware he's over there most of the time! They are worth every penny! Good luck!

DH and I bought a Sealy last fall. It was medium range in terms of the spring count, but the top is a pillow top that is made from memory foam.

It has been the greatest thing we ever bought!!!
I went from consistenly waking up with back and neck pain, to none. And at the moment, I'm 8 months pregnant and have not needed a "pregnancy pillow" for extra support. The pillow top molds right to my body.

It's glorious!

I have a Kingsdown pillowtop like Laura, but now that I've read goldenrun's post I'm going to get a Tempurpedic to make my DH disappear. }(

Thanks for posting this topic. DH and I need a new mattress. If I don't sleep with a pillow under my thighs/hips, I wake up with low back pain. I think it's a Lady Englander mattress - about 5 yrs old. It's a pillowtop. A friend of mine was so impressed with a hotel mattress at a Hilton, he and his wife went home and bought one like it. I need to find out what kind that was and post it here........they have been very pleased with it.

I have a memory foam also and it is wonderful to sleep on but, I sleep hot at night and it really holds the heat in and causes me to toss and turn all night even in the winter with the window open. I get so hot on the side next to the mattress I can't stand it and have to turn over to cool off.

We were having the same problem. Ended up buying a Sterling which has a very large heavy foam bottom and 4 inches of memory foam ontop.

We absolutely love it for the comfort and agree that I cannot fell when DH moves around at night.

Also have to agree that it is warmer than a standard spring mattress. Still wouldn't trade it for another.

We have the Select Comfort mattress and it has made a huge difference with my back. We got the pillowtop b/c they seem to need that extra for comfort, at least to me. There is no looking back for us - we've had it a few years and never a back ache upon waking again :)

Ok, here is my review.

In 2006 we bought a sleep number bed and I thought it was fine, if I slept alone. DH and my numbers were so different that when he rolled onto my side he displaced my air and it was like sleeping on a more firm mattress than I wanted. There was no way to compensate for this. We both tossed and turned all night.

Six month ago we bought a Pranasleep mattress set. It is by far the most comfortable sleep experience I have ever had. it is not cold in the winter, nor is it too hot on warmer nights. Check it out. I cannot say enough about it. Pranasleep.com

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.