Dasha Libin

LizC7

Cathlete
Ok - thanks to Lucy :) I was checking out Dasha Libin programs. Does anyone recommend her kettlebell workouts? It looks like there are a few versions that all look good. Also, the 7 day lean program looks interesting. Thoughts? Suggestions? Enablers :)

Ok - thanks to Lucy :) I was checking out Dasha Libin programs. Does anyone recommend her kettlebell workouts? It looks like there are a few versions that all look good. Also, the 7 day lean program looks interesting. Thoughts? Suggestions? Enablers :)

I'm always happy to enable other fitness friends! :) Because I was so happy with the 7 Day Lean Series, I ended up buying the Scorcher Series which consists of 4 kettlebell workouts. I just got the program a few days ago and I've only done one of the workouts but I really like Dasha. I like her personality and she's very well-educated in the fitness arena.

I have the Scorcher set and enjoy it. For the most part, low impact but very intense/effective. Time flies by. Believe it or not, this is one workout where I don't mind burpees and sprawls. The background exercisers move at their own pace/level, and there is someone doing modifications w/a dumbbell instead of the KB. Be warned, Dasha talks non-stop. There are two timers on the screen, one counting down the entire workout and one for each interval. She interspaces 1 minute rests between 4-5 sets of work, and you will appreciate them. Highly recommend.

I liked Scorcher and 7-Day Lean so much that I bought her second release (11 DVD KB KB set) from Mary a few days ago. Looking forward to receiving it.

I have the 7 Day Lean series.....I love her....she does alot of work for the posterior chain...I have a muscle imbalance in that area...made my butt burn!

How challenging is the 7 day lean workouts? I love bodyweight work but i want it to be somewhat challenging.

How challenging is the 7 day lean workouts? I love bodyweight work but i want it to be somewhat challenging.

I categorize the 7 Day Lean as intermediate- advanced. Some of the moves are advanced/challenging but for most Cathletes, I'd suggest using the 7 Day Lean in conjunction with other workouts. I always tag on an extra cardio or weights workout when doing the 7 Day Lean workouts.

Tag on suggestions?

Hi Lucy
Do you recommend any specific tag ons with the 7 Day Lean Series? I'm usually time restricted to an hour so not sure what weight routine I'd throw on.
Thanks!
Liz

Hi Lucy Do you recommend any specific tag ons with the 7 Day Lean Series? I'm usually time restricted to an hour so not sure what weight routine I'd throw on. Thanks! Liz

Liz, do you have STS Total Body? The upper and lower premixes on that one are shorter than other premixes. You could also add any of the 10-minute segments of X10.

Another option, if you're looking strictly for weight routines, is to do Burn Sets for one muscle group per day. I prefer more compound/total-body exercises but it all depends on what you're looking for.

All 7 Day Lean workouts range in length from 43 minutes to 58 minutes (with just one shorter workout at 36 minutes) so your tag-on workout will depend on which 7 Day Lean workout you choose. I have 90 minutes per day available so I was able to use a variety of tag-ons.

I have to say that every time I do a Scorcher DVD (from Dasha's 4-DVD Scorcher set), I have major DOMS in my arms and shoulders. I'm pretty strong already, thanks to Cathe and to working out w/Kettle Bells.

Tomorrow, I'm going to do a 7 Day Lean workout (haven't decided which yet).

I'm really enjoying her workouts! I got her 2nd KB-KB release (11 DVD set) on Tuesday and am looking forward to doing those, particularly the mobility/flexibility session.

Swimmer, you'll have to let us all know your thoughts on the 11-DVD set. I don't own it ... but I'm sure I'll buy it eventually. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.