Dark spot on the face

Mariposa1973

Cathlete
Hi, When I was pregnant 3 years ago I get them but still there I been try, Olay,ponds, oils and nathing. Any advice please, thank you.
87109e30bdd67ea59f01d10abedf9913.jpg

I get mine lasered off. I go to a facility that does "IPL" (intense pulsed laser). It is pricey and kind of painful but I have had excellent results. I've had my face and hands done, and I go in every 3 months for touch-ups (new spots). I am 53 and my hands and facial skin look better than when I was 40.

Stebby

Hi Mariposa,

I had the same thing happen to me after I had my son. They eventually faded but never really went away. Then I went to Mexico and ended up with even larger brown spots. It was like my freckles all blended together and became one giant spot! Obviously too much sun. My dermatologist prescribed Retin-A for me and it has been amazing. Completely faded the brown spots and it transformed my skin. It is not covered by insurance and cost about $100 but the tube lasts me about 5 months.

The most important thing is to wear sunscreen and I am smarter now. Sunscreen is part of my makeup routine and never leave the house without it.

Last edited:
Ho,

I had a couple removed too, with chemicals. Sort of like a very concentrated peel. It is expensive and not covered by insurance, ( at least not mine).

Lori is right, if you keep going in the sun without sunscreen, they come back.

Lori, what exactly did you get prescribed? I would love to start a regime with Retin- A. I bought it over the counter, again, very expensive and it was not as strong as what you can get prescribed.

Just another part of getting older I guess. :)

I get my prescription from my primary care doctor. I use tretinoin cream 0.1% which is the strongest. I started out with the least strongest but once my skin adjusted I moved up and use it regularly. I have it filled at cvs and use my AAA discount so it costs about $100. When we go to Mexico I will buy like 6 tubes. Do not need a prescription and it only costs about $35. Huge savings. I have never bought it on line but would love to if there is a savings.

I think everyone should use Retin-A. I am turning 53 next month and I have hardly any lines and no brown spots! To me this is worth every cent I pay!

Make sure your Dr is writing a prescription for trentinoin cream, which is generic Retin-A, and will be much less expensive. I get mine from the pharmacy, not on-line, but yes, a tube lasts forever and is less expensive in the end than buying OTC retiniod creams. BUT, don't bother with this stuff unless you're willing and committed to wearing sunscreen every day. If you are, it's worth it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.