Concealer ideas? Velvet skin coat primer?

Winter

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Can anyone reccommend a good concealer? I bought a cheap drug store one and it is just that - cheap.

Also anyone use a primer. I received a sample of velvet skin coat and i liked it but don't know if it will clog pores.

Seems to be a lot of stuff going on the face.....moisturizer, concealer, primer, foundation, bronzer.................

Thanks

Winter

I use Prime Time also. I have used velvet skin coat also. I like prime time better. I love everything by bare essentials.

Farrah

Smashbox makes a great primer that is also a concealer.
Called Photo Finish, there are different types depending on your skin.

You can get a Ulta, Sephora and most department stores.

I am a make-up junkie and before I make a recommendation I need to know what do you want to conceal and what is your skin type. Not all concealers are universal. Some of them work best for the eye area only and others tend to cake under the eye area but are great to cover blemishes and discolorations on your face. Prime time is a great primer to try (if you need to use it; not everybody needs a primer). I currently use Laura Geller's spackle but under the eye area only and on my neck. On the rest of my face I use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (it's not a primer but since it has dimethicone it acts like a primer). I have one of the worst cases of combination skin ever (very dry on my dry areas and extremely oily on my oily areas) and most primers I've tried clog my pores, so I just use them on my dry areas only (eyes and neck). If you need a primer you have several choices available out there that wouldn't necessarily break the bank, but I definitely think you need to splurge on a good concealer, foundation, and powder.

I'm not a big user of concealers, just a little BE "Well Rested" under the eyes and on the occasional blemish:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P61006&categoryId=B70

I love, love, love primers, though and use Mac because it has a 50 SPF. It also makes my normal/combination skin super soft and my makeup (Prescriptives foundation, powder, blush) blend better and last longer:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2929706...+prime+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults

I didn't care much for the Velvet Skin Coat primer. Didn't seem to do much for me. I also liked The Present from Philosophy before I discovered MAC with the SPF.

Hi Winter-
I use Velvet skin and love it. No problems with breakouts with it. I tend to have drier skin, so breakouts have never been a real problem for me. I am a huge fan of it (love DHC's moisturizers too).

I find the primer mini. pores and foundation goes on smoother and more evenly (I use Bare Essent. foundation).

Can't help you too much on concealer. Don't really use it.
;-)

The best concealer I've found, especially for under the eyes is Mary Kay illuminating pen. Love it

I love:

Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Light
(This is for oily skin- blemish prone; however, they have other versions available if you don't have this problem)

http://www.smashbox.com/index.cfm/f...egoryID/d6fe8598-ae1b-4c0d-9b55-87814fccd060/

Concealer: Lancome Maquicomplet
(I love this stuff! I put it under my eyes and it brightens them up. It is also great for covering blemishes and other spots without making you feel like you are caked on with make up. Plus, it doesn't accentuate any wrinkles.)

http://www.lancome-usa.com/makeup/concealers.aspx

Ohh so great ideas. Thank you.

I guess it might have helped it I told you what I wanted to conceal.

I have small broken blood vessels on my checks or spider veins. I a seriously contemplating having something a derm.

Foundation isn't enough to conceal the redness.

Frustrating because I never used to wear anything but a bit of powder for shine.

Danke!

I use different ones. My favorites include the new one by Maybelline, it comes in a double end container, one side is for brightening, the other covers imperfections.

The other one is Perfect Match by Loreal. Its wonderful and does not sink into fine lines...I have tried so many really expensive concealers but come back to these two.

Oh, and one more! Its called 'Eye Slept", you can get it at Sephora. It is this incredible concealer that makes your undereye area look like you slept a thousand years! Its awesome and my new favorite. You only use a tiny dab and wow, its great stuff.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.