Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Colonoscopy diet? (vegan) not TMI

This is a discussion on Colonoscopy diet? (vegan) not TMI within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; This thread is almost 5 years old . Just a heads up....

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 07:35 AM
Cathlete

This thread is almost 5 years old. Just a heads up.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Cathlete
melagras's Profile Fields

Even though this thread is five years old, we can always use more info about colonoscopy prep.

Due to the dread factor of the prep, I can't get up the nerve to schedule mine. I would probably pass out from no solid food. I think Like Queen Latifah said in Just Wright something to the effect of, "I ain't one of those salad chomping chicks."
Old 09-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Cathlete
iron-mom's Profile Fields

I just want to say to anyone who is putting off a colonoscopy for any reason..... Just do it. I know two people in the last year who were diagnosed with colon cancer in the late stage and have died. It is so preventable if it is caught early on. The procedure is ridiculously easy. Don't over think it. Just do it.
pgeiger likes this.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Catheite

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron-mom View Post
I just want to say to anyone who is putting off a colonoscopy for any reason..... Just do it. I know two people in the last year who were diagnosed with colon cancer in the late stage and have died. It is so preventable if it is caught early on. The procedure is ridiculously easy. Don't over think it. Just do it.
Absolutely! I thought I would have trouble with the prep and not being able to eat. Honestly, it was not that bad. The procedure is easy. You'll be asleep. The hospital staff even fed me before I went home. I was only there for 4 hours total, counting the time spent in admission and recovery while I waited for my ride to come get me.

Thankfully, at 50, I had my first one done and there were some pre-cancerous polyps removed. Now, I'm on the 3-year colonoscopy plan, but you know what? It has become a non-issue for me. I can take one day of fasting and drinking sweet goop in exchange for a lifetime of being colon cancer free.
I had no symptoms of any issues, nor is there a colon cancer history in either side of my family.

And, like iron-mom, I've lost two friends in the past few years to colon cancer. Friends who waited until something wasn't quite right to get checked out.

A simple procedure that can literally save your life. Worth every step of prep.
My 2 cents worth.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Cathlete
gettingfitmom's Profile Fields

I had one in January and did not have to diet a week before, just had to drink the lovely cocktail of merilax and gatorade. Good luck!