Cold sweats anyone?

pressju

Cathlete
Hey there all and Happy New Year. I have been plagued with major cold sweats at night - not hot sweats a la menopause but cold clammy excessive wake me up in the night and dehydrate me cold sweats. OB said my blood tests do not show drop in estrogen so perimenopause likely out. It affects my work outs since my sleep is interrupted and I get so dehydrated and heaadachy my workouts are done at 50%.

Has anyone had this problem? How did you fix it if so? Any ideas?

Julie

Have you had a recent physical at you primary medical docs? Tell him or her about your night sweats. Any unexplained weight loss or fatigue?

Deb

julie, I used to have these on a regular (few time a month) basis. I would wake up soaked through and shivering. My doc found no reason for them. Your post reminded me that I haven't had one in a while. I can't think of anything I've changed in the last six months to a year except that I cut my consumption of whole wheat way down and also have been concentrating more on cardio than weights, and de-bulked a bit.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Thanks Sparrow. Funny you should mention whole wheat. Althogh I have eaten it my whole life, I noticed last week that the cold sweats were bad after I had munched both night on carby snacks - whoole grain pretzels, some cinnamon grahams. Thought perhaps there is a connection. I know we can develop allergies over time. I will inquire about with my doc.

Please have your thyroid levels checked.I was having the same symptons. I went to an endocronologist,and found out I had to take synthroid.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.