Is the Cleveland Marathon still on??

Clarissa

Cathlete
Just checking. I haven't heard anything in the past few weeks from anyone.
I paid and it is non-refundable (sniff sniff), but not sure I can go anymore due to my own schedule :(

Clarissa

It sure is!!! I'm firming up my travel plans in the next week or 2, but I've gotten my personal days off from school approved already. Next is the affidavit for my kids, then it's actual travel plans!

YES!!! We're still doing this and I'm getting more excited each and every day!

Gayle

I know - but the other thing is the $200 hotel rooms. And I would drive up that morning of but I found out that you HAVE to pick up your bib and registration by 6 pm Sat night in Cleveland...I have no idea what to do now.

:( Clarissa

Clarissa-Can you find a hotel that's a bit further away, and perhaps has a cheaper room price? Then drive to 'town' for the event Sunday?

Gayle

If you stay in one of the suburbs that are right by the highway it will be a lot cheaper. Look like at Holiday Inns, or Red Roof Inns that are surronding Cleveland, you'll be able to get downtown in 10 or 15 minutes.

I had many family members visit recently (too many to all stay at my house) and they stayed at the Staybridge Suites just off of Highway 271 and Cedar Road. Cedar takes you right into downtown (15-20min drive). They booked using the "Entertainment Rate" that was listed on the web-site, but they were never asked for the Entertainment Book/Card upon check-in.

They paid around $115 per night and had a mini kitchen and separate bedroom/sitting area. It's a newer hotel (1-2 years old) and they said it was very nice. Also VERY close to a fantastic shopping area (Legacy Village & Beachwood Place).

Hope that helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.