Chobani?

I like the plain one, as the sugar content of the flavored is too high for me. To make it taste a lot better, I mix 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder into it and top with 1 tbl of chopped walnuts...YUM!

I like the plain one, as the sugar content of the flavored is too high for me.

ITA. I just can't get over the high sugar content in the flavored Greek yogurts. Last summer I made the switch to plain full fat Greek yogurt. I typically eat the Fage brand.

Holy smokes, I had no idea what I was missing! The texture and rich flavor of the full fat is amazing. I add a few drops of stevia and some cinnamon for flavoring. I will never go back to the sugared stuff again! And there are so many ways you can add flavor on your own without processed sugar---berries or PB, for example.

A 7 oz serving of the full fat has about 190 cals, which is a little higher than the fat free flavored varieties but I'm OK with that because there is zero added sugar. The protein content is also higher in the plain, at least from what I've seen. If you're watching your saturated fat, this could be an issue for you. I have been incorporating much more naturally occuring fats into my diet, but that's a topic for another thread. :p Anyway, if 10g of fat concerns you, maybe try 2% plain.

ETA: You can make your own plain Greek yogurt at home (just Google it) if you want to cut costs. I'm just too lazy to do it, so I buy the stuff from the store.

I love Chobani, but I wish it was organic from grass fed cows! But it is pretty dang tasty stuff!;)

Just an FYI

the other day I was at a supermarket that was not the usual one I shop at. I needed my nonfat plain greek yogurt. They did not carry the brand I usually get, so I opted for Oikos plain nonfat Greek yogurt by Dannon. If you can even believe it, it has ZERO live active cultures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What good is it?!!! I was shocked! In the trash it goes.

WHAT?!?!?! That's incredible. I thought that was what yogurt was for. Did it say that in the fitness label or where? I'm going to check mine right now and will check each time I buy it. AMAZING.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.