Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Catherine (fit_fairy) & Tess (Tess_ATL)

This is a discussion on Catherine (fit_fairy) & Tess (Tess_ATL) within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi Catherine & Tess! Have either of you used the preacher curl attachment that comes with the weight bench? I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Cathlete
exer_cited's Profile Fields

Default Catherine (fit_fairy) & Tess (Tess_ATL)

Hi Catherine & Tess!

Have either of you used the preacher curl attachment that comes with the weight bench? I tried it last night for the first time and I found it to be really uncomfortable. I am assuming it's because I'm too short. Maybe I need to be sitting up higher?

Just curious!

Melissa
Old 03-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Cathlete
Tess_ATL's Profile Fields

Default RE: Catherine (fit_fairy) & Tess (Tess_ATL)

Yes - I have used it and didn't find it uncomfortable. I just slid it in until it stopped and hooked it on the shortest setting. I tried it a little higher but it came up to high under my armpits. You do have to kind of hunch over the pad when you're doing it. You could probably use it the same way but with dumbbells or a barbell and not use the curved attachment to pull the weight.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Cathlete
exer_cited's Profile Fields

Thanks Tess. Maybe I just need to sit up a little higher then. I had it on the lowest setting and my arms just did lie on it right. I was using it with dumbells. I completely forgot about that curved attachment! It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about!!! I have it tucked away beside my dumbell rack.

I'm so glad I asked!! Thank you!!!

Melissa
Old 03-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Cathlete
Tess_ATL's Profile Fields

Yeah I don't know how else to describe it but try it with the curvy thing and pull the weight up like that. It was quite challenging for me at 35 lbs.