Cathe moves you won't do...

smoogy

Cathlete
OK, while I own all of her W/Os, and follow her like my own personal, religious guru. What is there that I refuse to do. I was thinking this the day I did Stepblast. I refuse to do the pivot in the peg-leg pivot routine. I know Cathe say's it'll be fun once uou learn to do it, but I refuse!!!

Marla

I certainly don't enjoy the peg-leg pivots, especially since I always end up on the wrong side of the Step during the Challenge in Step Blast. There are a couple Cathe's moves I won't do, simply because they aggrevate my joint issues. The Genie Hops in IMax2 are a definate no-no for my knees, as are the Power Squats that change direction...forgetaboutit. I enjoy running too much to do these moves and risk injury.

Richocets - I'm always afraid of twisting my knee. And I don't do side lunges because my knees, hips and ankles don't feel like they can work as a coordinated whole in that exercise - one of them always feels out of line.

That's interesting, runninggal. I'm kinda new to Cathe and have been finding by trial and error--mostly error--that some moves just kill my knees for running. Genie Hops in IMAX2 are out, as are jumping jacks. Basically, if it's high impact, I do low impact instead. I also modify anything that looks like it may risk knee twisting, too.

Allison: I've been meaning to thank you for the great brows referral! :)

It is a move in IMAX 2 where you do the step taps. I use an 8 inch step and it is the only move that I have actually fallen down doing the move (more than once.) I will not do the move at all anymore with an 8 inch step, too dangerous.

Why don't you do the pivot? It is not a hard move, is it just you being a rebel?

Yer welcome! I need get a new avatar - my brows look like caterpillars in the photo I have up, and The Brow Guy gave me a great arch!

I don't do moves in Push Pull or Supersets where you're lying on the ball on your chest/diaphram area...like the rear delt flyes. I absolutely cannot breath!! Other then those, I do everything else! :) (Am I the only one with this problem?) :)

Jo

The stability ball thing...when your hiney is up in the air....like many have already posted pics of them doing. Afraid I might hurt myself in that position, if I try. Last I tried, I was chasing the ball around. Seems kinda dangerous or am I just that uncordinated? LOL!
Charlotte~~

There is nothing I don't do, guess I am weird. Now.........there are PLENTY of moves I don't finish.....:)

Mambos and scoops on the floor - I think they're perfectly idiotic. I usually substitute power scissors a.k.a. explosive lunges.

On the step, I absolutely cannot do drop-squat pendulums (CTX Power Circuit; Circuit Max). I've almost broken my neck on those. Usually I just substitute plyo jacks.

A-Jock

I havne't made it into pike position on the ball yet. I've been a-sceared to try!! But it's coming. I will do it. I just need to have something sticky on my legs, so I don't lose my ball!!! LOL

I have trouble with the "in"stability ball also.

I cannot to this day do power scissors or tuck jumps. I substitute other moves for them.

And, at the end of the CTX upper body split, I feel too surly to do the triceps pushups at the end of the workout.

Oh and I just remembered--can't do terminator climbers in BC--they wreak absolute havoc on my knees also. I substitute with a high impact move I can do.

take care
Maggie

>Yer welcome! I need get a new avatar - my brows look like
>caterpillars in the photo I have up, and The Brow Guy gave me
>a great arch!

Allison: Why do you think my pic is so tiny and far away? ! I need a new pic, but hate taking them.

I will not do the stradle taps in IAMX2 on the 6 in step height. I put the step on the floor for them.

I am working plie (?sp) jacks. Getting better at them but they are hard.

Lastly,I refuse to do the last set of leg presses in Muscle Endurance...that is one set too many :*

I can do the rear delt exercise on the stability ball but I cannot do the bicep curls, kills my elbows, so I just follow Cedie and do the standing bicep curls.

You gals are scaring me about knees. I do all these moves without considering the risks, which is stupid. I love high impact and jumping and turning! I love pivot turns and moves like Interval 6 in Imax 2. Tuck jumps and airborne jacks are my current challenge - I want to get to where I can bring my legs all the way up under me like Cathe does in all her pics and look like I'm sitting down midair...

I'm like Aquajock in that most of the moves I refuse are ones where I feel stupid - like the strike a pose stuff in Step Blast and older videos. I did StepMax for first time yesterday and the arms in her older videos are kinda silly!

those spread eagle jumps . . . I jump with my legs together. x(

So far, I won't do the triceps pushup with my feet on the high step. I hope to eventually, but not yet!

I agree that doing the barbell curls over the ball HURTS the elbows. I have weak elbows & that worries me so I usually modify. I did notice, however that once when my ball needed air & I tried that move, I had no pain. So I guess if it's less inflated, it works better.

There are MANY moves during which I can't breathe! I do most of them anyway, but it's disconcerting.

Ruth
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.