Cathe is a bargain!

bearcatfan

Cathlete
It is time to renew my membership to the Y. I knew I wasn't going to since discovering Cathe and home workouts, but the brochure they sent reinforced my decision.

The non-member cost for two 50-minute step classes a week that run for 12 weeks? $75. Other classes range from $60-75 for non members, with nominal charges for members. Membership isn't cheap, either - almost $700 for a family membership. They also charge for babysitting - if there is room - and parking's a nightmare.

For the cost of membership, you could buy all of Cathe's DVDs, a step and weights and be set. You have a fabulous instructor on demand, and your choice of workouts. When I first started ordering Cathe workouts I thought they were expensive. I've come to realize they are truly a bargain!

Rose

My thoughts exactly, Rose.

I don't have to pay a membership fee at the club where I teach aqua, but if I lost my teaching slot I don't know if I'd join. I think clubs can be extremely valuable, but you have to go to them a lot to get your money's worth.

And while we're talking about Cathe being a bargain, just think of all the money we're saving right now and down the road in terms of decreased health care costs. So many chronic and catastrophic physical conditions are due to sedentary lifestyles (although far too many of these are attributed to the aging process), and medical procedures and prescription drugs ain't gettin' any cheaper.

I've said it many times: I feel that every dollar I spend on good fitness equipment, including Cathe DVD's, saves me probably $30-$50 dollars in health care costs. And every minute I spend in intelligent, purposive and safe exercise saves me 1-2 hours in a medical establishment down the road.

A-jock

I coudn't agree more. The health benefits are such a huge incentive. I have given myself at least 10 more years to live. I have saved the insurance company thousands because my blood sugars were out of control and I was always sick. I may have even have saved my eyesight or an extremity because of exercise. With Cathe we don't have to drive to a healthclub in 10 feet of snow, worry about babysitting, or if your hair looks ridiculous. Cathe is worth every penny.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.