Carole or other P90X'ers

L Sass

Cathlete
How different is stretch X from yoga x? I'm on for stretch today and haven't looked at it, but does it share the same stuff?

Lorrie

Lorrie...the StetchX isn't like YogaX, it is a complete stretch DVD and I really liked it....give it a try...:)

StretchX is just that...for about an hour. YogaX is more of a "please hurry up and let me out of the "knot pose"...that is what I call it, anyway. Right angle pose, extended right angle pose, back to right angle pose...now reach one arm behind back, other through the legs and hold wrists behind your back...without falling or crying. Yelp!

>StretchX is just that...for about an hour. YogaX is more of
>a "please hurry up and let me out of the "knot pose"...that is
>what I call it, anyway. Right angle pose, extended right
>angle pose, back to right angle pose...now reach one arm
>behind back, other through the legs and hold wrists behind
>your back...without falling or crying. Yelp!

Sarah!! Great description!!! Now if someone yells "Fire" while you are in the knot....you'd be....well...in a world of hurt!!!

Hope you liked the Stretch Lorrie...:)

Stretch X does start out with yoga, but it then goes into stretches for the entire body. There is a 'lower body" section, a 'shoulder' section, and even some very effective wrist stretches. I think it's a very effective stretch workout.

Thanks guys - yes I really liked this stretch. Something to look forward to. BUT I'm so bummed becasue I popped a hammy. My running was coming along again - I've really tried in the last few weeks to get it going. At TTOM my legs get all goofy and tight. And no stretching in the world can get rid of it. My calf muscles get so tight that at times walking is unbearable. So I was up to 7-mile run the other day and so proud of myself - and feeling awesome. And then I felt a twinge - not really a pull, but a little "ouch" and tightness. It seemed fine yesterday so I got on the treadmill last night and started to run and -there it is. AAAGGGHHH And I hear they take the longest time to heal. So I'm going to be using this stretching w/o quite a bit I think! Thanks

Lorrie

Lorrie...my calves are always a bit tight. I have also had hammy issues. Can you get a massage? I find besides stretching a massage helps with the tightness. You can also try icing your hamstring for 15 min a couple of times a day and see if that helps...:)

THANK YOU Carole. Any thoughts on how long I'll not be able to run? It doesn't feel THAT bad, so I'm hoping only a few days. And it figures that the nice weather is just starting to break.

Lorrie

You are welcome! I'd suggest at least 2 days from running before you try it again. See if the stretching and icing helps...:)...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.