Cardio Coach

Tfit

Cathlete
Hi Everyone

Ok Decided to do Cathe strength and cathe KPC and maybe a little high step but I have two left feet for some reason when it comes to step so now I would love more info on Cardio coach.

I have a treadmill which I never used because I get sooooo board but noticed something mentioned about Cardio Coach....please tell me more...what Vol...looks like from his websiter Vol 2 revised is the most popular? Also has anyone tried his pumped???

Thank you so much everyone:eek:))

Tammy

I love CC!!! I use it mostly for outside running and my rebounder, but Coach Sean is a great motivator. The music is cool, the workouts are as challenging as you want to make them. I have 3-8, and Pump. I love 3-6, have yet to try 7,8 and Pump. He is offering a great deal on his website right now ( Cardio Coach ) , and I think this would be the perfect time for another Coach Sean fan to join the club.
Go for all of them!

It depends on what your goals are and what you prefer, emphasis on hills, sprints, a mixture of both.

I have all of them and I like all of them. I am using them for walking/running outside, so if I want to do the hills, I have to drive a few miles, otherwise I just use one with less hills and replace the incline with sprints.

Volumes 3, 4 and 7 are my favorites!!

hmm I would love to run outside....no hill here...I feel like I get board when I run and I seem not to be able to go long...maybe I just need more practice to build the endurance. I do have a treadmill as well. Just looking for some new things to try.

Is running good for loosing weight or will it bulk my legs up?

Tammy

I get bored pretty easy. I HAVE to go out and walk/run with my dogs, and before CC it did steady state cardio until it came out of my ears :confused:, losing about 1 oz per week despite of 5 to 6 days of steady state cardio.

I started CC almost 2 months ago, without changing my diet or anything else I lost 28 lbs as of today, my bodyfat went down 11 % and I came down 2 dress sizes, almost 3.

Now I am averaging about 3 lbs of weightloss per week. I still have quite a bit to lose but it is the only workout in 10 years that I have consistently stuck with for 8 weeks.

Coach Sean is very motivating and this is more than a workout for me, it's my daily therapy session :D

Walking/running hasn't bulked me up at all, it is actually leaning out my legs quite a bit, a lot of the weight that I lost came off my buns and thighs whereas before the little weight that I lost just shrank my boobs :confused:

When I started CC I couldn't run (jog would be more accurate) for more than 30 sec, pretty pathetic, I do two steady state cardios per week now, I am up to 6 minutes of jogging now with a 1 -2 minute walk in between and then repeat 6 min. sometimes for a total of 15 miles.

My endurance over those 8 weeks has increased dramatically, as has my speed.

Last edited:
lol that is ME...can only run for like thirty seconds...I do not breath right when I run end up with a cramp in my side...ugh pathetic!!!!!

so with cardio coach which would be good for traedmill and which would be good for walking/running?

Has anyone tried the Pump...how is that?

I'm so excited....

So if I do cardio coach and do cathe strength can someone put a good rotaion together for me:eek:)))

Tammy

I don't know if it is a good rotation but this is what I have been doing the last few weeks and it worked well for me, but everyone is different.

Day 1 Short Cardio Coach (volumes 1, 2, 3 or 4)
Day 2 Short steady state (3 to 5 miles) plus Cathe Pyramid Upper Body (no abs)
Day 3 Long Cardio Coach (V. 5, 6, 7 or 8 or Press Play) plus Abs
Day 3 Cathe PUB / no cardio
Day 4 Long steady state ( 8 to 15 miles)
Day 5 Short Cardio Coach plus Cathe PUB (no abs)
Day 6 Long Cardio Coach plus Abs
Day 7 Rest

So basically it is 3 days cardio and take a day off cardio, I keep repeating it. I started out with only two upper body workouts and increased it to 3 per week a couple of weeks ago. I don't do any additional lower body workouts, I think my legs get a pretty good workout as it is.

I don't have Pump, can't give you any feedback on that, but I am sure it is great.

You can do any of the 8 workouts on the treadmill, you can do every workout outside, you just need to modify it a little. The basic principle is to work in 4 different zones

Zone 1 (blue zone) Warm up 55 to 65 % of you maximum heart rate
Zone 2 (green zone) Steady 65 to 75 % of your maximum heart rate
Zone 3 (orange zone) Challenge (hills or sprints, or both) 75 to 85 % of your maximum heart rate
Zone 4 (red zone) Challenge (hills or sprints, or both) 85 to 95 % of your maximum heart rate

If I don't go to the park with the hills, on the challenges that would be hills/inclines I just walk faster, run or sprint. I just make sure that I stay in the zone that Sean says.

Obviously hills burn calories much faster and improve endurance, so may want to consider varying between your treadmill where you can do inclines and outside where you can replace the hills with fast walking, running or sprinting.

HTH

In the beginning (first 6 weeks) I did, now I go mostly by perceived exertion. I will put a HRM on every once in a while to check that I am still on track and to figure out how many calories I burned.

Has anyone tried using the Step with CC? I have a treadmill and have been using it while I stare at the muted TV, but I am getting to hate it! Thought maybe CC might be more motivational. I'm not in good enough shape to complete a CC from beginning to end, but I probably could do 20 minute or so. Would using a Step work? Just kind of improvising on the step?:rolleyes:

dawna

I bet it could. Basic steps for Level 2, higher impact for Level 3, and blast-like moves for Level 4.

I've considered using CC for jumping rope. Haven't done it yet though. :D

Has anyone tried using the Step with CC? I have a treadmill and have been using it while I stare at the muted TV, but I am getting to hate it! Thought maybe CC might be more motivational. I'm not in good enough shape to complete a CC from beginning to end, but I probably could do 20 minute or so. Would using a Step work? Just kind of improvising on the step?:rolleyes:

dawna
I'm not aware of anyone who's tried to use CC with a step, but I'm sure you could if you were creative enough to choreograph a routine. I know of people who've used it for inline skating and rebounding, so I don't see why you couldn't use it for step, too.

Cardio Coach workouts use perceived exertion to guage your effort so you ABSOLUTELY CAN complete a workout from beginning to end!! I promise you, CC will breathe new life into your treadmill workouts and you'll never want to stare at a muted TV ever again. ;)

There's some really great information on the CC website on how to determine your level of perceived exertion. Here's a link to it: http://www.cardiocoach.com/about.php

I started using CC workouts 2 years ago and I can't say enough good about them. I am someone who hates cardio with every fiber of my being but I LOVE CC. I've been doing the workouts on an elliptical but I'm considering joining a gym just so I can try them out on some other cardio machines. :D

I have Pump. Took it on vacation with me, along with some bands. You would really need to do it through twice to get a really good workout, IMO. It isn't bad, and would be great for a short workout when you have a jam packed day, or are not feeling up to par. It is nothing like Cathe weight work. I also think part of my problem with it has nothing to do with the workout but rather with the fact that I needed a break that week and really just wanted to bike b/c I had worked so hard prior to vacation. I am glad to have it but prefer more hard core stuff than what I got with the bands. Now I have not tried it at home with actual weights and I think that would make a nice difference :) The ab work was good.

I have Pump. Took it on vacation with me, along with some bands. You would really need to do it through twice to get a really good workout, IMO. It isn't bad, and would be great for a short workout when you have a jam packed day, or are not feeling up to par. It is nothing like Cathe weight work. I also think part of my problem with it has nothing to do with the workout but rather with the fact that I needed a break that week and really just wanted to bike b/c I had worked so hard prior to vacation. I am glad to have it but prefer more hard core stuff than what I got with the bands. Now I have not tried it at home with actual weights and I think that would make a nice difference :) The ab work was good.
Shana Banana, real eights make a HUGE difference! I actually had to go lighter than usual because he goes so fast in the workout and I didn't have the endurance necessary for heavier weights. :eek:

Pump is really fun when you alternate the circuits with challenges from the cardio workouts. I don't ever use level 4 challenges for this because my HR gets up there and stays up. I sometimes use SS tracks, too, especially the ones from V7. :D

Last edited:
Anyone know how one would use this with an elliptical machine? I do a lot of running and like to cross-train with something that's low-impact to save my knees :).

Also, there are so many choices in workouts on his site! Any recommendations on the best ones? Thanks!

Jennifer

Anyone know how one would use this with an elliptical machine? I do a lot of running and like to cross-train with something that's low-impact to save my knees :).

Also, there are so many choices in workouts on his site! Any recommendations on the best ones? Thanks!

Jennifer
CC workouts are PERFECT for the elliptical, and that's my machine of choice! He has 8 workouts and every one of them work well on the elliptical. It's really hard for me to narrow it down to 1 or 2 favorites because I have them all and LOVE them all, but if you held a gun to my head, I guess I'd say V2, V4, V5, V6, and V7. Now mind you, I think you should get all of them because you will anyway ;) :p :D , and he has an incredible sale going on right now with quantity discounts (3 or more MP3's are $6.95 each, 3 or more CD's are $10.95). He's practically giving them away.;)

ETA that you should get the Press Play workout, too, and then you can join us for the PP Saturday workouts!! You get that one by making a $20 donation to the choose Living Foundation. http://www.jimmaclaren.com/shop.htm

Last edited:

Jennifer

I also use with my ellipitical. Put the settings on Manual and adjust the ramp and resistance as needed. It works perfectly with CC. My cardio with CC on ellipitical is 20times stronger and I do more, then on my own or with the machine's settings. Love CC.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.