Calling all Torontonian Cathe fans!

Amni

Cathlete
I was thinking it would be great to meet some fellow Cathe fans from the area to chat, have lunch/dinner, possibly fit in a workout. Is anyone interested?

Thornhill - Bayview and John Street. Are you familiar with the area? Where are you located?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-03 AT 07:02PM (Est)[/font][p]Do you own a stability ball? If so ...where did you find it..and how do you like it...I have been searching for a good one...but no luck..they all seem very flimsey!!!

My parents lives in Maple - Keele & Rutherford. What a coincidence.
I do have a stability ball which I got at Walmart but I wouldn't recommend getting it there. Like you said, it's flimsey.
I wouldn't mind getting a better quality ball especially since Cathe uses it in the new series. I'll probably check out the sports stores. I'll let you know if I find something and if you could do the same, that would be great.
How long have you been working out with cathe? I think she's the best instructor out there. I've either thrown out or given away all my other videos.How are you liking the new series?
You can email me at [email protected]

Patricia

Hi patricia....
I discovered Cathe last spring...and have now gone exclusively Cathe in my work out routine.....I love her style and dedication!!
I have worked out off and on for about 12 years now....I used to belong to Bally's Fitness Club for 5 years before getting married and having a child....Now I am a stay at home mom and doing the home exercise routine.....Different but managable when you have such great tapes like Cathe's!!!
My husband outfitted me with my own workout room in the basement, I have just about everything that I need except a stabilty ball, a medicine ball...and a 5' olympic bar...I have a 7' bar for my bench press stand...but too long and heavy for doing Cathe tapes...do you own a 5' bar?
We outfitted our entire room from a place called Fitness Source in Concord...however their service was awful...and I refuse to give them any more business...so i have discovered one other place in Concord...that hopefully will sell the stability ball...I will let you know what I find....what size are you after.... 55cm?
Talk to you soon
Jenn

Hi Patricia...
I found a place in Concord...that also has a warehouse in Markham where you can purchase the stability and medicine balls from....The 55cm stability ball is $21.00...and its made by Reebok...she said its great quality
8lb. medicine ball is 46.00

This is the website or call...
www.nationalfitness products.com
905-761-1700
They carry every type of fitness products you could need...

We have something else in common - I have a baby too(2 year old daughter) but unfortunately went back to work full time after the one year maternity leave. How old is your son/daughter? You're very lucky to be able to stay home with your baby..I'm trying to convince my husband that I should only be working parttime. I'm going to keep at it until I wear him down. Do you enjoy being a full time mom? I found near the end of my leave that I was craving the daily routine again (I now however hate it).
I find working out at home more convenient than going to a gym. I used to belong to Women's Fitness Clubs of Canada but quit after a year. I do have a 5' bar but not a bench..I use my step. My husband as part of my xmas gift bought me an 8lb medicine ball which I use for Boot Camp (killer!!). Thanks for the info on the stability ball..I will definitely be checking out their website.

Hi Jenn and Patricia and other Toronto Cathe fans!

I also live in Toronto, downtown, have 3 kids, and am DYING to get my new DVD's. I'd love to hook up for a lunch sometime, here's my email:

[email protected]

Christine

Yes...I love being at home with my daughter...she will be 2 in April......but there are days when i wish i could go out and work and get some metal stimulation back.....but its a trade off I guess.....
I was planning on going back to work after my year maternity...but DH convinced me to stay home with her.....
Talk to you soon
Jenn

Hi Christine.....
What area of Toronto do you live?
3kids WOW.....I find 1 a hand full....;)
Are you a stay at home mom?
Talk to you soon
Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.