Buying a barbell?

Hello,

I'd like to buy a barbell, but I need some help in deciding which one to get and how much I should spend. There is one through Walmart that only costs $19.66, which seems a little cheap, but soooo affordable at the same time. Here is the link...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2171148

Has anyone bought this one before and did it come with the barbell or is this ad misleading? It says it comes with a barbell, but then it only lists the weights under the specifications section and one review says it didn't include the bar that had been listed in the description. So, I dunno. I need a barbell though badly because I can't use enough weight with just dumbells. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I got one almost the same as the Troy listed above.. last year at Dick's.
The bb itself weights about 4 lbs and it comes with like 100lbs in weights-- they are plastic and wide so they can sit upright and won't damage anything if they fall or hit something.
Excellent deal I think I paid $29.99???
Plates load on with a spring clamp so you don't have to sit twisting the knob down to the one or two little plates you have on it hehe.. and the bar is short so it's very functional (unlike the 6 footers that they had starting at 30 lbs!!!)I could never find it on the website but they have it in the store (or they did) in a big box.
Very worth it!!

Beth,

That's an incredible deal!

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

OOPS! Wardrobe malfunction!
The idea is to die young as late as possible.

>I got one almost the same as the Troy listed above.. last
>year at Dick's.
>The bb itself weights about 4 lbs and it comes with like
>100lbs in weights-- they are plastic and wide so they can sit
>upright and won't damage anything if they fall or hit
>something.
>Excellent deal I think I paid $29.99???
>Plates load on with a spring clamp so you don't have to sit
>twisting the knob down to the one or two little plates you
>have on it hehe.. and the bar is short so it's very functional
>(unlike the 6 footers that they had starting at 30 lbs!!!)I
>could never find it on the website but they have it in the
>store (or they did) in a big box.
>Very worth it!!

Hi There:
I was wondering what the diameter of the Troy Lite bar is?
BelovedHeather had recommended that I buy the bar separately online, which I think I will do. Then to save on shipping, purchase the plates separately locally. I wanted to basically find out the hole diameter of the plates that would fit the bar. If the hole is too big will the plates not be secure? Thanks in advance for the info!

linda:)

>Beth,
>
>That's an incredible deal!
>
>Janie
>

I thought so but of course my Sears is out of them or else I would have picked it up for myself if it is the heavy vinyl or whatever I would rather have it because the kids pick them up and move them everywhere.

beth6395

"You didn't pause your dvd and go make popcorn did ya"
-Cathe Friedrich

http://www.picturetrail.com/juicyfruities2002

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.