Burning Feet?

createdbygod

Cathlete
Does anyone else experience burning in their feet when they wear athletic shoes? I have a pair of Reebok and a pair of Rykas now, and other ones through the years...and no matter what shoes, it seems my feet burn after wearing them for a while. Casual shoes don't do that to me, just athletic shoes.

I thought maybe some kind of cooling gel insert might help...but I have high arches and so my feet would rub against the top of the shoe if I added more height to the shoe.

Perhaps I'm just as weird as they all say:+ haha!

Not weird at all! I had the same problem and thought I had athlete's foot! I went to the doctor for creme and he noticed my very high arches. He said to make sure they are supported all the time. I was walking around the house during the day barefoot, and many of my shoes are flat. I had a thicker insole put in my athletic shoes, and make sure I always wear shoes around the house. (I first thought it was my athletic shoes, but I think it's how I treat my feet all day.) When my feet get sore, I wear a pair of shoes that have a special insert for high arches (from footsmart.com). I have a referral to a podiatrist, but I haven't made an appointment yet. These changes stopped my burning feet problem!

I think it's the high arches. I have high arches also and used to get a lot of burning. I finally got PF and then got my inserts. I noticed the burning stopped with the inserts.

Colleen

Yup! I sure do, and I have the same high arch with a high instep, long metatarsals, and a mortons toe. This type of foot is usually stiff and not as flexible as someone with a flatter foot and shorter metarsals. Because of the mortons toe (2nd toe is longer than the 1st toe) I am prone to stress fractures, and when I had one a few years ago my doctor ordered custom orthotics. I'm thinking about have a new set made because mine are old now and not as supportive as they once were.

Michele

Yes, I also have high instep (sometimes having to get up to a whole size or two larger in fancy shoes if they have a high heal or a buckle that goes around the top), long metatarsals, and mortons toe! I've also have Morton's neuroma in my one foot, but that has only been a problem once.

What are PF? I guess maybe I'll have to look into getting something to put in my shoes. For those of you with high insteps, what type of orthodic or insole do you get that doesn't push your foot too high into the shoe? lol...sorry for all the questions! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.