Buff Badgers Thurs 12/15

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today will be PUB Chest, Back & Shoulders plus a 30 min run on treadmill.

I am getting into the Christmas mood today. I brought half my collection of CD's to work today. Right now I have Burl Ives on, and I feel like humming along. :D Guess the white stuff yesterday has gotten me in the spirit of Christmas. Still need to send out my Christmas cards, bake some cookies and there is some shopping for DH to do. x( So hard to buy for him.

Thea, I have the motivation to work out, but have a hard time with the food. I keep things in moderation, but I love french fries and chocolate. }( So maybe at the beginning of the year we all make a vow to work on the thing that we have an under motivation to defeat. :D Might just work!!!!

Sarah I LOL'd about the TV Crack. My girls OD on the weekend's, because they are so busy during the week they don't get to watch as much. And we are mean parents, we don't have any X-Box, but they do have Gameboy's. But they play those in moderation also.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi Laurie, and all you other Buff Badgers who check in later!

I'm done with my shopping and cards, but still have to wrap. I'm having a hard time finding the time to do the wrapping. I have to put the pup in his kennel to do it---otherwise he's all over the paper! And I feel guilty putting him in his kennel when I'm sitting right here.....but I guess I'll have to at some point.

As I sit here eating 3 oreo cookies for breakfast, it really dawns on me why I've gained weight! LOL. One factor is time--it's easier to grab cookies or donuts or whatever than actually MAKE breakfast! My kids eat cold cereal usually-they don't want to get up earlier than necessary to eat a big breakfast lol.

Anyway....I have a LOT to do after the holidays to get back on track. Again!

Last night I did 48 minutes on the treadmill. This was in addition to Cathe Total Body Stretching in the morning and Karen Voight Burn & Firm in the afternoon. I'm back on track with the workouts-just gotta get the food lined up!

Have a great day!@
Jill

Good morning, Laurie, Jill and other BBs!

I'm off work today again to get some Christmas shopping done. Lots to do and DH keeps addding to the list. }( I have to be nice to him though because he had a bad day yesterday. Last night after work he slid in the parking lot and wedged his car up on a rock. Ninety-four dollars and a tow truck later he was off! Then last light he tripped on my step that I left out :+ in the middle of the rec room instead of stacking up against the wall like I normally do and he rolled his ankle. He has a big lump now on his ankle and can't put any weight on it. He's wearing an aircast today which allows him to walk and he did go to work. Told him to ice it as much as he could today and keep it elevated. I feel sorry for him but I'm also secretly glad it's not me this time! Feeling a little guilty about the step though...

Going to do KPC now and then tackle my list. Fred the cat is meowing at me because he wants to sit on my lap real bad. This cat is part dog I swear. If I let him do that though I won't get very much done today so sorry, Fred. :-(

Have a great day everyone!

Sue

Hi Everyone

Laurie - I know what you mean about OD'ing on the weekends. My son is only 4 and it still feels like he has a lot "going on", with preschool, daycare, swimming lessons, etc. I just like to give us both some "chill out" time. Plus it's just hard for me to work out when I don't know what he's doing in the other rooms. Silence is deadly, as all parents know.

Jill - Gosh, great job working out!! Treadmill and two workouts - I bow to you! I didn't even DO MIC last night. Got derailed making cookies for a school thing and taste-testing frosting. Then tonight we have a school pageant to go to, so I will miss the workout tonight too. I really should find time in the morning. I'm with ya on the breakfast problem. Today I had a sugar cookie (just testing to see if they turned to poison overnight :) ) and a Diet Pepsi. Breakfast of Champions.

Sue - sorry about your husband! Jeez! Sounds like he had a heck of a night.

G'day everyone! - Sarah

Good morning,

Today I dragged myself out of bed to do Interval Max. I wasn't sleepy, just didn't feel like getting up. I think I need to be left alone today; I'm in a bad mood. I've hit the wall with school and work and am beyond ready for a break!

I haven't sent cards yet, and we haven't gotten a tree yet either. We're planning to do that Saturday if there are any left. Plus more Christmas shopping for my family — my boyfriend is the only person I've bought anything for so far. I just keep reminding myself, my brother will be home again a week from tomorrow, and then I'll have a week off. Yay!

Jill, welcome to the world of crumpled, torn wrapping paper :) Our dogs can be sound asleep in another part of the house, but if it's time to wrap presents, they suddenly MUST walk across that exact part of the floor several times. Great workouts yesterday!!

Sue, I hope your husband's day today is better than yesterday :) And have fun finishing your shopping.

Have a great day,

Ellen

RE: Hi Everyone

Oh Sue I feel so bad for your DH!!! That is exactly what my sprains always are-the dreaded rollout! Ugh. I hope it heals quickly, but I'll tell you, it's been 5 weeks since I did it, and I'm still too scared to try the bosu! I'm glad he didn't get hurt with the car/ice incident, too.

Sarah-LOL @ the cookies turning to poison. Since you're posting, I'm guessing they didn't. Ha ha. My other "vice" that needs to be reined in is caffeine. I am so addicted to Diet Mountain Dew. I am too embarassed to even admit how much I drink. I need to get the count down to one or two a day again and get more water in. I am finally back to exercising daily and feeling really good. I don't normally get that much exercise in one day. But yesterday I got an order from deepdiscountdvd.com----I bought the first three seasons of Northern Exposure. Anyone remember that? Each episode is 48 minutes, so I'm going to try to fast walk on my treadmill every night and watch an episode. I am going to look for some wireless headphones, though. My treadmill is so loud! I have surround sound in my workout area and have to have the sound turned all the way up to hear the dvd. Very irritating for others in the house, since I'm in the basement and the sound just floats right up....

Geez I'm chatty Cathy today!

Hi Ellen-you snuck in on me! I'm going to have some days off between the holidays, too, and I am looking forward to it. I need to do major housecleaning like cleaning closets, washing curtains, etc.....before tax season starts and I have no time. Plus my DS will be having his driving test on 12/29 and I'm taking him. :) And of course there is no school....

Pedmom, I used to Love Northern Exposure. Between the DJ and the doctor, what a great little town to live in. ;-) (Or at least visit for a week or two). I thought Rob Morrow was so cute. I hear you guys are having the snowiest December in at least 5 years. I'm so jealous. All we get here in NY is rain. Boring. Enjoy!!

Hello all again,

I should be working, I have a pile of invoices that my boss "found" on his desk that need to be processed before the year end. x( Too bad, I want to be chatty too.

Jill, Love the breakfast. :9 I remember Northern Exposeure and it was my fav. I'm leary of DDD, but am tempted. You will have a teenage driver soon! Always a fun time.

Sarah, I know about the silence thing. Don't have that problem with the pre-teen, but my 8yr old still causes problems. LOL about the poison cookies. Did you see that Nestle has pre-cut cookie's. I bought the gingerbread one. My DH's fav's, but I hate making those. But I will be making the sugar cut-out's. Go figure }( Maybe it is because I have only one gingerbread cut out. How boring. :)

Ellen, Take some you time! Always good to do that. You have been working hard lately.

Might talk at you all again,

Laurie

Hi BBs,
Busy week at work and at home too. The holiday rush is in full force now. Shopping all done at least but still feeling very stressed. I will be off Friday and will spend Fri & Sat baking cookies. It should end up to be 11-13 different kinds. That is about as narrowed down as I could get it. There is only one kind (poppy seed spritz)that I hoard though and will only share sparingly with others including DH. This week has been sporadic for workouts but hope to improve next week. And then only one more week and things settle down. Yahoo!

Jill - I got DH the Northern Exposure 3 Pack for his birthday. I also got it from DDD when they had the 20% off of their already low price. His BD was just the 10th so too busy with watching Christmas movies to watch any of these yet.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Caffeine Addict too

Jill - Oh, I feel you regarding the Diet Mountain Dew. I am a Diet Coke/Pepsi addict, and the amount of NutraSweet that enters my body frightens me - but god bless aspartame, I love the sweet, sweet chemical aftertaste. :) I'm sure it's probably pickling my liver or something, but I need it in the morning. - Sarah

Hi Laurie,
We were posting at the same time! I haven't had a problem (knock on wood) with DDD but have always phoned my order in. Many have also gotten a Discover card which uses a different number each time when ordering on-line.

Hi Laurie

Laurie - Oh, fun! Year end work! Hope it goes quickly for you. Does your boss need coal in his stocking?

I totally cheated with my sugar cookies. I bought the dough from Festival Foods and just rolled it and cut it out myself. I get a boat load of compliments on these cookies, and they are delicious. I love being able to go right to the "fun" of cutting them out without all the flour-y mess. I got some great tips about icing on this site, so I'm going to try that on the next batch. I want fancy-lookin' cookies, darnit.

Hope work goes well for you. - Sarah

Oh I've heard about people having trouble with DDD and credit card issues. I've ordered tons of stuff and haven't had any issues yet. Knock on wood!

Marie that's what I did too---I couldn't resist. $25 a season was a great deal for so many hours of entertainment. I paid that much for each season of Friends and they were half as long. Luckily I was able to sell them all on ebay after watching them for about as much as I paid for them.

A friend of mine has just purchased some Amazing Race seasons. I have never seen an episode, but we usually like the same shows, so she wants me to watch them. We are going to swap AR and NE to save costs. I'll probably sell the NEs after I watch them all. The only tv show dvd season I have bought and not re-sold is Lost. I doubt I'll ever sell that one!

RE: Hi Laurie

Laurie-I'm not nervous at all about Taylor driving! He is a very good driver, very careful. I know he probably won't be that careful when I'm not in the car, but I'm not too worried. He is one of the "rule followers" in life lol. That's what my ex and I call him all the time ha ha. He never misses school, is on high honor roll, plays sports all year round.....generally a really good kid. And he knows we won't hesitate to withdraw driving priveleges if necessary.

I'm just going to be ecstatic not to have to drive him everywhere all the time!! Especially back and forth to school. It's not far, just 2 miles, but during summer when he had overlapped baseball and football, I was driving back and forth 4 times a day---very interruptive to work!

RE: Hi Jill

Jili - You don't see enough young drivers like him. My boss's step son was one of those that was involved in that accident in Sheboygan earlier this week. As a parent, you always will worry. I think my Mom still worries about all of us. :) I hear you about the driving around. My nights consist of driving to Waukesha South, drive home, drive to Waukesha South, drive home. I will be glad when swimming is over. :) I have another 3 years yet. She is already asking me driving questions!!

Laurie

PS. Love the little Santa. My girls counted my collection this year and I think they said it was around 68!

Hi BBs!

Wow, everyone is chatty today. That is great! Sounds like everyone is getting into the holiday spirit! Spend quite a bit of time on the phone with my dad yesterday helping think of gifts for my mom. I had to tell him which stores in the mall to get them AND give directions on how to find the stores--he reported back and did well! :)

Thanks for the feedback on feeling off with workouts. I still didn't workout today. Maybe I can find some lighter workouts to do until after the holidays to get me back into things and then kick my butt into gear after the rush has died down. Unfortunately, if I skimp on the workouts I do even WORSE with my eating. Makes no sense!x(

I hope you all have a great day!

-Thea

Wow! I leave for a few hours to do Christmas shopping and come back to this long thread to read! Now how am I going to get my presents wrapped when I have to read all this! LOL

Jill - I share the Diet Mountain Dew addiction. One of my New Years resolutions will definitely be drinking more water. I hope DH is not out of commission for too long. We have 2 doors missing downstairs because he's replacing them and 32 people coming over for Christmas. I don't want them to see the mess in the laundry room or closet! :eek:

Marie - How many types of cookies are you making in 2 days? Wow. I've made 4 different types but I've spread it out over the last couple of weeks. Now that the weather is cold enough, I store them in tupperware in the garage.

Thea - Sounds like you need to do something fun or at least something different to shake-up your routine a little. How about a new workout DVD? A good excuse to spend money, right? ;) I'm thinking of doing one of my old Gilads tomorrow for something easier (and easy on the eyes - what a hunk!). Just about died today doing KPC so I think my body is telling me to take it easy.

Off to wrap some presents and make Mexican Wedding Cakes. I'll be trying very hard not to eat more than 2! }(

Have a good night.

Sue

Jill-I also feel I drink too much diet sodas. I worry about the fake sweeteners as well. I will say I drink a lot less than I used to but it was a slow process! I my goal is now one per day, but that doesn't usually work out, especially in the weekends!;-)

Sue, maybe I do need some new workouts. I asked for some for Christmas, hopefully Santa comes through!;)

I'm glad I'm not the only sodaholic! I don't drink coffee, but love that first DMD of the morning lol.

Thea what did you ask for from Santa? I ordered all four of the new TLTs and they are supposed to ship next week. I can't wait!

I did an older Firm workout today, Calorie Killer. Has anyone seen this one? I'm getting rid of it; it's ridiculous. The lead is supposed to be doing "punches" and it looks nothing like kickboxing. She's way too girly!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.