Breast implants and chest work

juhgs

Hi all. I hope someone can help me with this; I have been working out and getting in shape for quite a while now. The only down side was that my already small but cute boobs kept getting SMALLER! I was bummed and decided a breast job would be good. I really like them but was recently
informed that because the were implanted behind the muscle, that I needed to keep my chest workout VERY minimal. The reason being that the bigge the muscle gets, the more

juhgs said:
Hi all. I hope someone can help me with this; I have been working out and getting in shape for quite a while now. The only down side was that my already small but cute boobs kept getting SMALLER! I was bummed and decided a breast job would be good. I really like them but was recently
informed that because the were implanted behind the muscle, that I needed to keep my chest workout VERY minimal. The reason being that the bigge the muscle gets, the more it pushes the implants out to the side! Yuck. Does anyone have experience with this? I love doing push ups and don't want to stop!

I have implants under the muscle and have no issues doing any chest work. I got my implants 4 years ago. I do loads of pushups without any distortion. I don't train my chest super heavy with weights (no more then 25lbs). I say pushup away.

kariev said:
I have implants under the muscle and have no issues doing any chest work. I got my implants 4 years ago. I do loads of pushups without any distortion. I don't train my chest super heavy with weights (no more then 25lbs). I say pushup away.

Oh Thankyou!! I think I will. If they star spreading I will just pull back a little. Great!

Last edited:
Have you done any chest work since surgery? It feels REALLY weird when you first start working chest. You do feel the implants shift when the muscle contracts but you can't see it and they go back to where the are suppose to be. I think the issue with the implants shifting comes to women who actually bodybuild and push super heavy weight building density to the pec muscle. I had to start pushups on the wall and slowly work my way down to the floor. Now I don't even feel them when I work chest. HTH

Yes I HAVE and you are right.... It does feel weird. LOL it's so good to know I will get past this soon. I will just take slow. Thanks for sharing your experience. You have been such a help!

I would avoid pushups if I were you. When I first had the surgery I had a long discussion w/the group fitness director at my gym who'd done the same. She said all you need to do is keep the muscles strong enough to keep your girls perky. :)

I just do 4 sets 12 bench press w/25 DBs & 4 sets 12 flies w/ 20 DBs. I mean, you can't see those muscles anymore anyway, so it's not like you'll end up looking out of proportion. Just do enough to keep your girls above your waist for the next 10 years. :p

I would avoid pushups if I were you. When I first had the surgery I had a long discussion w/the group fitness director at my gym who'd done the same. She said all you need to do is keep the muscles strong enough to keep your girls perky. :)

I just do 4 sets 12 bench press w/25 DBs & 4 sets 12 flies w/ 20 DBs. I mean, you can't see those muscles anymore anyway, so it's not like you'll end up looking out of proportion. Just do enough to keep your girls above your waist for the next 10 years. :p

:D:D:D:D
Laura I love reading your comments...Pls keep them coming :eek:
I am doing STS chest tomorrow, Hopefully will win keeping my girls perky too :D. I shall add I will try to get them warm as well...

Have a good day Laura,

Nathalie

I am small, and the doctor made me too big

I am only 5'2" and around 110, and the doctor made me a double D, and I ended up with bad back problems. This surgeon lost his license, and 50 women sued him. It was too late for me to sue him, but his office is gutted now. My chiropractor told me never to do chest or shoulders, so I only do back, bi's and tri's. I hope that your doctors gave you the right size.

Last edited:

Thank you Lauramax! I will definitely keep that in mind. Sounds like you can still do quite a bit! Good to know.

I would not recommend it. I got implants 10 years ago but had them removed due to capsular contracture: doing push-ups with the implants hurt! If you want implants but still want to work chest, you may consider getting implants above the pecs instead of under.

My experience with implants was horrific! Literally. I lost one of my nipples, there is scaring everywhere and a huge lump in my chest area due to scaring from the implants. When you take them out they will leave a void and in it's place there will be scare tissue. Then you also need to replace them every 10 years. Very expensive.

Don't do it, it's not worth it in my opinion. Once you do it you can never go back to normal. Some people really do love them, and I have a feeling they pay for that and not in a good way.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you need to know,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.