Breast augmentation

buneknek

Cathlete
Ok I am really flat chested after having 3 kids & breastfeeding them they got worst:-(. I love high impact exercise & lifting heavy weights. For those who had boob job done is it worth it to get it done? I heard the implant can pushed out if you do heavy chest workout? I am only 4'10 & 105 lbs & I'm thinking to have full C. Any thoughts?

Interesting question. I know Tosca Reno had a breast augmentation and she talks about having to be careful with weight training for that exact reason. As for the procedure, I am sorry. I have no advise or feedback because I simply have not experienced it. The chest situation, well yes, I am currently experiencing a rather interesting looking degree of flatness myself. ha ha.

good luck. I hope you find some helpful answers or input.

Ok I am really flat chested after having 3 kids & breastfeeding them they got worst:-(. I love high impact exercise & lifting heavy weights. For those who had boob job done is it worth it to get it done? I heard the implant can pushed out if you do heavy chest workout? I am only 4'10 & 105 lbs & I'm thinking to have full C. Any thoughts?

Check your PM's. :)

I had mine done 3 years ago this coming may. It was the best decision for me. I was an A and went to a small C. My MD cleared me to lift weights after 4 weeks. Mine are under the muscle and I can still do my pushups and lift heavy for chest. Never had a problem. My only regret was not doing it sooner. It really made me feel better about my body. I was very self concious of my breasts after my weight loss. HTH.

Thank you guys. I'm Hoping to get it done next summer coz I'm still breastfeeding my little one at night.

WARNING! You may not like what you read, it's in great detail and may scare you out of breast augmentation. It's my personal story and I want to share my experience so you may think hard and long before you do that to yourself.

Do realize this does not happen to everyone, it's just my very short version of what I had to go through. Also do realize there are risks.

For me it was a horrible experience. The first 15 years was wonderful, although I couldn't sleep on my stomach anymore I had a fantastic figure and all looked and doubled looked at me. It was very exciting to have that kind of attention.

I had them done over 35 years ago, and never replaced them during that time. (I understand now, that you have to replace them at least every 10 years.) They started hurting a whole lot, they changed their shape and became saggy, there was pain from bumping them, or hugging people, even carrying objects.

About 3 years ago I decided to take them out. Was feeling sick all the time and just not myself.

After the plastic surgeon took them out, I had complications from waking up from surgery, to healing. The implants had broke and was oozing out of their capsules. Very disgusting pictures. It took more than two years to be back to myself.

After the complication of surgery, there was not enough blood circulating on my left nipple and because of that had infection and thus lost it. They cut away the dead tissue every week for months until finally I had to go on antibiotics to heal. During that time, I had to rinse my wound out and put gauze inside the space where the implant once was. And did this twice a day. Who knew I could have done this at all, but you do. They even gave me a device to help heal it by suction to generate healthy tissue in order for it to heal. It Took many many months. I was fighting this for at least a year. Then it took another year just to be myself again.

Today, I feel great, can run and jump hold my grandchildren and have no fear of hurting when I do. I feel on top of the world. Even with that experience, I still would decide to get them out. The only regret I have is, I would never have done it at all if I knew what was to happen to me.

It's a risk, so do your homework, read, ask lots and lots of questions.

Janie

I have a problem with this breast size thing. I just don't get it. Who cares? I can understand the clothes size thing, but bra size......really? Exercise, eat right.....blah blah blah.

Enlighten me on this.....I think it is crazy and I just don't get it. Why would you want to put something fake in your body? Who really cares?

I would never want to cause a problem on here, but this bothers me to no end.

Last edited:
WARNING! You may not like what you read, it's in great detail and may scare you out of breast augmentation. It's my personal story and I want to share my experience so you may think hard and long before you do that to yourself.

Do realize this does not happen to everyone, it's just my very short version of what I had to go through. Also do realize there are risks.

For me it was a horrible experience. The first 15 years was wonderful, although I couldn't sleep on my stomach anymore I had a fantastic figure and all looked and doubled looked at me. It was very exciting to have that kind of attention.

I had them done over 35 years ago, and never replaced them during that time. (I understand now, that you have to replace them at least every 10 years.) They started hurting a whole lot, they changed their shape and became saggy, there was pain from bumping them, or hugging people, even carrying objects.

About 3 years ago I decided to take them out. Was feeling sick all the time and just not myself.

After the plastic surgeon took them out, I had complications from waking up from surgery, to healing. The implants had broke and was oozing out of their capsules. Very disgusting pictures. It took more than two years to be back to myself.

After the complication of surgery, there was not enough blood circulating on my left nipple and because of that had infection and thus lost it. They cut away the dead tissue every week for months until finally I had to go on antibiotics to heal. During that time, I had to rinse my wound out and put gauze inside the space where the implant once was. And did this twice a day. Who knew I could have done this at all, but you do. They even gave me a device to help heal it by suction to generate healthy tissue in order for it to heal. It Took many many months. I was fighting this for at least a year. Then it took another year just to be myself again.

Today, I feel great, can run and jump hold my grandchildren and have no fear of hurting when I do. I feel on top of the world. Even with that experience, I still would decide to get them out. The only regret I have is, I would never have done it at all if I knew what was to happen to me.

It's a risk, so do your homework, read, ask lots and lots of questions.

Janie

Do you mind if I ask u if you had silicone or saline? Sorry you had so much trouble with yours! I would not wish that upon anyone!!

I had a set of implants put in silicone back in 89 I was 23 an well uneducated, naive. I had them removed and replaced w/saline because the first set had capsular contracture. I haven't had any problems with the second set as of yet and they were placed under the muscle.

Penny

Fitg, I can hear you do not support breast augmentation. Many people do and that is why someone was seeking advice on here. It's okay that you don't support it. That said, I think it's also important to try to avoid referring to something a person is genuinely asking about as 'crazy' 'cos it might hurt their feelings. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it and were just trying to express an opinion. it's just that someone had a genuine question and was seeking genuine input from people who might have experiences to share, to help guide her with this important decision.

Fitg, I can hear you do not support breast augmentation. Many people do and that is why someone was seeking advice on here. It's okay that you don't support it. That said, I think it's also important to try to avoid referring to something a person is genuinely asking about as 'crazy' 'cos it might hurt their feelings. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it and were just trying to express an opinion. it's just that someone had a genuine question and was seeking genuine input from people who might have experiences to share, to help guide her with this important decision.

You are right, I don't think breast augmentation is appropriate and is opposite my moral compass. I do thank you very much though for responding so respectfully. Your response made a lot of sense and again, you are right, I would never want to hurt someone's feelings.

I just think natural is better. I pass no judgement, just question the reasoning. That's it.

Its a very personal decision and you will find both positive and negative feedback. I did a lot of research and thought for many years before I decided. For me, I hated my national geographic boobs LOL! I didn't feel sexy for myself or my husband. I didn't feel feminine in my bathing suit or in clothes. This website www.justbreastimplants.com really helped me and has a wonderful support forum. Whatever your decision, make it for yourself and no one else.

I have not had breast implantation but I just wanted to say I support anyone's decision to do so. Most of us do all kinds of things to improve our appearance - i.e., to change the way we look into something that is not our natural way of looking but instead to try to look more the way that is attractive to us, or we think will make us more attractive to the men (or women) we hope to attract or to send a certain signal to our bosses, our employees, our clients, whoever. We work out (and I think most of us freely admit it is for the appearance benefits as well as the health benefits), go on crazy and not-so-crazy eating plans to try to change the shape or size of our bodies, wear eye makeup and face makeup and blush and lipstick, cut, color and style our hair and blow it dry and straighten it and curl it and put things on and in it to make it shiny, make it straight, make it voluminous, make it behave, tweeze our eyebrows, shave our legs, underarms and, um, wax our other parts, spend a lot of time and money buying, cleaning, ironing, coordinating, our clothes, belts, handbags, etc., put potions and lotions on our skin to make it look moister and younger and more dewy and more glowing or more mattified or paler or more tan or more blushing, have our skin lasered, resurfaced, botoxed, whatever, wear push-up bras, wear padded bras, wear Spanx, wear thongs, get our teeth straightened and whitened, plump up our lips, curl our lashes, try to grow our lashes longer, get permanent eyeliner tattooed on, get manicures and pedicures, go to tanning salons, buy self-tanning lotions and sprays, wear jewelry and hair ornaments, wear contacts, wear colored contacts, put fade cream on our age spots, and don't get me started on the shoes.

I am puzzled why some people think that it's ok to do all that stuff, but it's not ok to have cosmetic surgery.

I also have had 3 kids and breastfed all of them...the shortest was 9 months and the longest was 2 years. So, my boobs have taken their toll. I'm an A cup and while it would be nice to have a little more fullness there, I'm pretty content and happy w/ them. So, for me breast augmentation isn't something I would do. My thoughts are why have a major surgery unless it's necessary?

But, I think it can be a great procedure for someone who isn't happy w/ the "socks and rocks" caused by pregnancy and breastfeeding. And as long as you are doing it for YOU and not someone else you should go for it. Just make sure you do your research and find the best, most reputable doctor you can. Take your time to get references and look at pictures at his office. Best of luck!

well said, I wanted write something but didn't know how to word it.

I took the leap about a year ago when I got an unexpectedly huge tax refund & I will say it was THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT! I went from a double A to a full B/small C.

Heavy chest work is simply not necessary after augmentation, particularly b/c you can't really see those muscles anymore. It took me about a year before I felt comfortable working chest again. I did speak to the head group fitness instructor at my gym b/c she had the same procedure, & she told me to stick with light-moderate benching & flies just to keep the muscle strong enough to support the girls & I'd be fine. So I'm now doing 4 sets 12 bench press & 4 sets 12 flies & am quite happy with that routine.

I went with silicone b/c it looks much more natural. Silicone has come a long way in the last few decades. The possibility of complications & leaking is almost zero.

And of course I must add, the right doc is key to the success of any procedure. :)

I have not had breast implantation but I just wanted to say I support anyone's decision to do so. Most of us do all kinds of things to improve our appearance - i.e., to change the way we look into something that is not our natural way of looking but instead to try to look more the way that is attractive to us, or we think will make us more attractive to the men (or women) we hope to attract or to send a certain signal to our bosses, our employees, our clients, whoever. We work out (and I think most of us freely admit it is for the appearance benefits as well as the health benefits), go on crazy and not-so-crazy eating plans to try to change the shape or size of our bodies, wear eye makeup and face makeup and blush and lipstick, cut, color and style our hair and blow it dry and straighten it and curl it and put things on and in it to make it shiny, make it straight, make it voluminous, make it behave, tweeze our eyebrows, shave our legs, underarms and, um, wax our other parts, spend a lot of time and money buying, cleaning, ironing, coordinating, our clothes, belts, handbags, etc., put potions and lotions on our skin to make it look moister and younger and more dewy and more glowing or more mattified or paler or more tan or more blushing, have our skin lasered, resurfaced, botoxed, whatever, wear push-up bras, wear padded bras, wear Spanx, wear thongs, get our teeth straightened and whitened, plump up our lips, curl our lashes, try to grow our lashes longer, get permanent eyeliner tattooed on, get manicures and pedicures, go to tanning salons, buy self-tanning lotions and sprays, wear jewelry and hair ornaments, wear contacts, wear colored contacts, put fade cream on our age spots, and don't get me started on the shoes.

I am puzzled why some people think that it's ok to do all that stuff, but it's not ok to have cosmetic surgery.

AMEN, sister! Very well said...:D

I have a problem with this breast size thing. I just don't get it. Who cares? I can understand the clothes size thing, but bra size......really? Exercise, eat right.....blah blah blah.

Enlighten me on this.....I think it is crazy and I just don't get it. Why would you want to put something fake in your body? Who really cares?

I would never want to cause a problem on here, but this bothers me to no end.

I don't think it is necessarily all about "size". I've only had one kid and breastfed and I already more than understand why someone would want some augmentation after this! The girls ain't what they used to be! I'm scared what these babies will look like after having another kid or two. I have a friend who has had 5 and now her breasts are non-existent and for lack of a more dignified way to put it - hang down to her waist. She used to be a C. I don't blaim her at all for wanting a lift and some small implants to get back to looking normal. And for those who want to increase there size just for the heck of it, hey, that's their business and if it makes them feel better about themselves, great! I personally will just have to live with the old "national geographic boobs" I guess (not there yet, but working on it). I wouldn't want to go through surgery and then have to worry about doing it again at some point. No thanks. But that's just because I'm a sissy not because I wouldn't want it! ;)

I don't think it is necessarily all about "size". I've only had one kid and breastfed and I already more than understand why someone would want some augmentation after this! The girls ain't what they used to be! I'm scared what these babies will look like after having another kid or two. I have a friend who has had 5 and now her breasts are non-existent and for lack of a more dignified way to put it - hang down to her waist. She used to be a C. I don't blaim her at all for wanting a lift and some small implants to get back to looking normal. And for those who want to increase there size just for the heck of it, hey, that's their business and if it makes them feel better about themselves, great! I personally will just have to live with the old "national geographic boobs" I guess (not there yet, but working on it). I wouldn't want to go through surgery and then have to worry about doing it again at some point. No thanks. But that's just because I'm a sissy not because I wouldn't want it! ;)

I am a big sissy too, that's probably part of the reason I would never do it. I don't have kids either.

To each their own. :) :)

Last edited:
Just a lift, please?

Sorry if I highjack this thread but I was hoping in addition to information on implants, does anyone have information on just breast lift surgery?

I am 31, no kids (no plans either), and my girls sag like a National Geographic centerfold. I know this is from losing 70+ pounds over the last few years.

I am fine with their size (although my DH has no problem reminding me they used to be bigger :rolleyes:) so I am really only interested in a lift.

Does anyone have info on price, tips, etc?

Thanks in advance!

I think that some people that feel negative about breast implants is due to the fact that so many women get them too large and for the attention of the opposite sex. I don't think that anything is wrong with getting them if you get a normal size like a C cup. I have problem with women that go from an A to a DD. Why would u want a DD? If you ask these women they say that they got them that big for themselves and not for attention from males but that is clearly not true. If a person gets DD breast they clearly are desperate for attention. This type of attention is not good. The men that these women will attract will only want one thing and will treat them like a sex object. No one should be wanted to be treated like a sex object. So if a woman chooses to get breast implants I would say stay with a C cup so that you will get treated with respect and dignity.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.