Braggin' on my boy

Levi is a 12 year old gelding. He is half Friesian (dad) and half Morgan (mom).

He's an attention getter wherever he goes. I call him a rock star because he firmly believes that he is, in fact, King of the World and all chicks dig him and want to be around him.

It's funny because I was reading the "I Don't Understand Men" thread and thought, 'this horse is the only guy I understand'. He's not complicated. We always know where we stand with each other. He's honest, he works hard, doesn't make promises about things he has no intention of delivering on, and I always know where he is and who he's with. ;)

In fact, sometimes I think I'd rather spend my time with him than some of the two-legged people in my life. :p :D :p

Thanks for the compliments!!! (I'd tell him when I see him tonight, but it would make his head swell and therefore impossible to ride. :))

You're lucky you've got an "honest" guy. My horse is a "drama king." Every little thing sets him off. I'm so sick of his silliness! I need to get a reliable, honest horse. By the way, the horse in the picture is my mare, and she's great. It's my gelding who's got issues!

Enjoy your guy!

Is your gelding a TB, perhaps? ;) I've never found them to be particularly bright. Talented as the day is long, but not exactly bred for smarts.

For kind and steady (and ridiculously talented), get yourself an Andalusian!

some horses are just silly

It doesn't matter the breed, some horses are super smart and some are not so bright...just like people...I trained Tenn. walkers, quarter horses, racking and saddle horses...some were very bright and learned quickly, some it took a little time, and some were smart... just lazy!

Don't get mad at me I train my TWH barefoot under saddle and only use keg shoes....no padded shoes or unnatural tail sets....

It doesn't matter the breed, some horses are super smart and some are not so bright...just like people...I trained Tenn. walkers, quarter horses, racking and saddle horses...some were very bright and learned quickly, some it took a little time, and some were smart... just lazy!

It was meant as a joke... Alas, I thought the icons would've communicated that. :D Sorry. :)

Don't get mad at me I train my TWH barefoot under saddle and only use keg shoes....no padded shoes or unnatural tail sets....

Yay!!!

The lady who brings her TWHs to our barn for lessons doesn't do any of that stuff either. No sense in insisting on the "big lick" if it harms the horse.

My trainer and I have decided our old age horses will be a gaited horses. Smooooth...

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.