Body for Life

loveweights

Is anyone doing the Body for Life program? If you are can you let me know how you are doing. I am starting it on Monday. Have a great new year.

loveweights

Hi loveweights,

I want to try to eat better so I can see the benefits of all my hard work. My hubby and I did the body for life a couple years ago and he lost 20 pounds I lost 10 pounds. Thought that was great. Well we went back to our regular eating habits after a while and gained it back. I continue to work out but now with Cathe and now that the holidays are over plan on eating better. I really need to have a partner in this eating stuff. That is my whole problem.

If you want to keep in touch that would be great.

Rhonda

I finished a BFL program early last year. In the 12 weeks I lost about 13" top to bottom and with help from Cathe have kept it off (and gotten more defined!). I still try use his "diet" approach though I use all Cathe vids instead of his recommmened exercise routine.
I just became rather bored with his routine and Cathe is just sooooo much more fun! It does work as long as you really put forth the effort. At first I thought that his 20mn Cardio Solution was a joke but it does work and it is tough as long as you push yourself. I will still use this when I'm up for something different or crunched for time. There are a couple other (tougher) versions of this 20mn Solution I can tell you about if you're interested!
Best of Luck to you! As long as you stay focused and stick to the plan it will work. I also didn't really take any supplements either. I did get some Myoplex Low Carb Bars for eating on the run. Take care! Susan

Hi Loveweights,

I plan to start unofficially on Monday also! I plan to use Cathe's Pyramid tapes for the weight training portion. I've done BFL in the past and lasted about 5 1/2 weeks before the working out alone to no music got to me. I was seeing improvements in my body too but I became restless. I think the new tapes will help with that problem. :)

I will more than likely continue with the supplements that I'm currently using - a whey protein, creatine, mrp... - but I do enjoy those AdvantEdge Shakes, strawberry flavored. :) I'll definitely use those!

Good luck with your training and the contest!

Angie

hi - i'm starting on monday as well. i'm using cathe's upper and lower pyramid from the intensity series for the strength training. and i'm running or using the stationery bike for cardio. i've done BFL a few times - saw incredible results the first time, and so-so the next few times (my fault though i did not stick to the diet as much as i should have). i don't mind weight training on my own, but i find i give it more effort if i'm working out to an instructor led video, and i love cathe's style.

I won't be doing BFL properly until I get my DVD's but I would also love to have a partner. Right now I have to use what Cathe vids I have to substitute. If anyone is interested in partnering up with me(I can use the motivation to stick with it!) please e-mail me. I won't be doing the supplements(excpet the shakes).
Nancy
[email protected]

I just started the program yesterday. I am not doing his suggested workouts though. I am doing Cathe's Express series. I just got the whole series and I am a person that needs a lot of cardio so I think doing hte whole series once a week will work better for me. How is it going for you?

I just started the program yesterday. I am not doing his suggested workouts though. I am doing Cathe's Express series. I just got the whole series and I am a person that needs a lot of cardio so I think doing hte whole series once a week will work better for me. How is it going for you?

Susan,
Thanks for replying to my BFL question. I am very interested in your versions of the 20 mn solution. If you could share those with me I would love it. Thanks for the help.

Marsah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.