BFL and Cathe tapes

ShelleyM

Just wondering if anyone here used Cathe's tapes incorporated into the Body for Life plan. I have been on it for 11 weeks, and will be finishing up the 1st challenge next week. I haven't shown the results that I really want, so I'm thinking that maybe I might want to use Cathe's tapes instead of my free weights. Anybody else out there doing this???

Hi, Shelly!

Yes, I have done Body for Life and I think the Cross Training and Pure Strength series both work wonderfully for this. You can combine all the upper body workouts in Cross Train on one day for your upper body workout and do Leaner Legs for your lower body workout. (Note - This is MUCH easier if you have the DVDs like I do.)

For Pure Strength, combine BBA and CST for upper body and use SLA for lower body.

On cardio days, the Cross Training cardio workouts work well because they're short and intense. If you feel like doing longer cardio, do one of Cathe's other longer tapes.

If you get bored with this, try other variations of the weight work by including full body workouts or working 1-2 body parts per day. They're are umpteen million combinations you can come up with as you can see. I've tried different combinations of the weight work myself and I believe as long as you continue to focus on the intensity and challenge yourself with the cardio and weight work, you are staying true to the "spirit" of Body for Life anyway (IMO).

I should mention that the only reason I didn't mention the new Slow and Heavy series is that those workouts are longer per body part so an upper body split would take 2 1/2 hours roughly - and I would NOT want to attempt it. I tried this workout for the first time last week and it's awesome. I highly recommend it if you want to try another variation of weight training.

Hope this helps!

Sue

Hi-
Is everyone doing BFL eating according to the plan? I just don't get hungry that many times a day - does this get better with time?
Cheryl

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-01 AT 05:04AM (Est)[/font][p]Yes. I eat according to the plan. It's not that difficult to eat that many times a day, when you consider 3 meals and 2 snacks would be normal for most people, anyway. I am in my 12th week, haven't shown as much progress as I'd like, so that's why after my free week, I am looking for something to shake up the plan!

If you want to find out more about the plan, there are some great people over at www.leanandstrong.com that can help out. Check out the website--it's great!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.