Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

BFFM week of 9/26

This is a discussion on BFFM week of 9/26 within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi Burners, I am doing well although I did have to have some processed food yesterday ....ran out of cooked ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2005, 04:12 AM
Cathlete
rjroubi's Profile Fields

Default RE: BFFM week of 9/26

Hi Burners,

I am doing well although I did have to have some processed food yesterday ....ran out of cooked food, got lazy and had some South Beach Dinners in the house that definitely fit the composition profile of the food plan. Probably not the best choices because they are not food close to their "natural state", but definitely not the worst choices I could make. DH did go shopping last night....what a guy:) and bought some "Whole Food" salmon dinners that only require nuking on my part. He also bought these wonderful apples called "honeycrisp." Has anyone ever had these? OMG, they are wonderful and juicy. They are specially engineered organically not to get brown and be extra juicy. He's says they are not cheap, but thought I would like them.

Anyway, I set my goals and rotation up for this month so I'm in a good mood. I ordered more Coaches Oatmeal on line this morning. It's my favorite because it is all natural yet has more texture than traditional oatmeal and doesn't get pastey or gooey. I originally learned about it from Monica Brant's website years ago. I won't go near Quaker Oats. Irish Oatmeal isn't bad, but I still like this one better.

Tonight we are meeting some friends at an Italian restaurant so I hope I can find some healthy BFFM food there (their restauant pick not mine). Hmmm....any ideas for food choices?

Robin:9
Old 10-01-2005, 06:14 AM

Hi Burners,

I had a very busy week and wasn't able to follow the plan as well as I did the previous 2 week. My calorie intake was way too low, sometimes I only had breakfast and dinner. Unfortunately when I get extra busy I can't eat enough.
I also had TWO cheat meals; my mom's lasagna and chocolate from Hungary. YAmi,yami,yami.
The week is over and from today I'm back to my regular schedule. Meals are already planned for the next 6 days and I will check in everyday again.

Robin- Yesterday I had grilled chicken with green beans, broccoli, and mushroom in our neighborhood Italian restaurant. They didn't have this on their menu but were willing to make it. They also had grilled salmon with baked potato and salad.

Have a nice weekend!

Talk to you soon!

Krisztina

Old 10-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Cathlete

Good morning everyone!!!

TK - So, what is your calorie range during the week? How did the weigh in go?

Robin - What's the website for Coaches Oatmeal? I'd like to check it out. I always try to stick with chicken or fish at restaurants and try to order extra side veggies and a salad.

Kris - Good luck with getting back on the plan. At least you didn't give up. That lasagna and chocolate sounds good.

I did my weigh in and measurements this morning. I was down 3 pounds from last month. My BF on my scale said I was down about 5%. I have an electronic caliper but I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. It does stay in about the same range but I don't think it's right because it's really low. I think I really need to go to a gym and have BF measured with a caliper and compare the reading I'm getting. I'm looking for better results this month because I'm back on heavy duty workouts.

Hope you have a great weekend.:*
Old 10-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Cathlete
rjroubi's Profile Fields

Hi Burners,
I survivied the Italian dinner last night at a new restaurant and ate healthy...LOL...but not without a few glasses of wine.;-)

I'm trying to gain muscle, but I'm having a little problem because I keep losing weight...dang! I've increased all my protein, carbs even beyond what Tom recommends in the BFFM plan and I've lost 3 lbs in one week. I am even keeping my fats in the 20-25% range instead of 20%. Honestly, I really can't afford to lose any more weight. If I keep going at this rate when I turn sideways and stick my tongue out I'll end up looking like a zipper.x( Yikes! Anyway.....

Jamarba, that website for coachs oats is http://www.coachsoats.com/products.html. I really do like them maybe I should have a double order of them for breakfast tomorrow with a double order of protein...

Well, I am adding an extra meal today even though its not on the plan. Hopefully, I won't explode from all the food.

Talk to you soon,
Old 10-02-2005, 04:41 PM

Hi Burners,

Good job Robin in the restaurant. Why don't you try to eat more calories? Same ratios but more cal. Try to do more weight lifting and less cardio.
Charlotte, the Toasty can give you great suggestions how to gain muscles. She also had a great rotation last month. Did you try that?

I did well yesterday and today so I'm ready to step on the scale tomorrow.

Krisztina

Old 10-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Cathlete

Hi all!!

Robin - Thanks for the website info. You did good yesterday.

Kris - Good luck with the scale.

I didn't count calories yesterday but I'm sure I stayed within a reasonable range. I'm ready to work on my ratios some more. I've managed to keep the fat low but the protein is up there. I did 21%F, 40%C, 40%P today.

Have a good night.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Cathlete

Hi all,

Just got back from a weekend on the boat. Thankfully I stayed good and only strayed for my planned cheat meal. My friend, who is also conscious of her health, prepared the meal so it wasn't too terribly high in calories. However the two vodka tonics before dinner and hershey's minis after dinner were my real sins for the weekend. Oh well. All in all it was pretty much a victory coming off a boating weekend with only that to atone for!

I did lose one pound this past week. It's kind of disappointing but I know 1 - 2 pounds is all I should be losing anyhow. It's just so unfair that I can gain 10 in 2 weeks but have to resign myself to 1 -2 per week to lose it. My short term goal is to have the 10 off by the end of October.

I can't rememeber who asked, but my intent is to keep my calorie range to between 1400 and 1600 but according to fitday it's been averaging 1450. With the higher protein intake the good side is that my appetite is down but think I should be eating a little more. TTOM was this past week so could have skewed things a bit. We'll see what next week brings.

Happy burning everyone.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Cathlete
rjroubi's Profile Fields

Good Morning Everyone!

I just made a batch of Tom's oatmeal pancakes this morning for breakfast. I like them for a change of pace, but those of you who don't like your protein in oatmeal I bet will not. It contains 3/4 cup oatmeal, 1 whole egg, 3-4 egg whites, 1 scoop of vanilla praline protein powder (I used Designer Whey brand), half a chopped apple, a dash of cinnamon and he has listed 2 packets of equal as optional, but I didn't use it since I am not a fan of aspartame. I made an extra batch to use as a for a snack for later.

Tk- I think you did great being out on the boat all day with friends and only having 2 vodka tonics!!;-) I would have definitely had 3....hehehe.

Kris- I definitely have increased my calories like you mentioned. I don't think I'm losing muscle because my body fat has decreased 2-3% plus I can see it. It's just that at my height I prefer not to go below 110lbs and I already havex( . I looked at Toasty's rotation before.....it does look tempting and has a bit more cardio then I am used to doing, but I have bookmarked it for future use! Has she posted a new one in October that you know of? I would love to bookmark that one as well.

I decided to start Debbie's "4 strength rotation today." I did so well on her previous one (heck, I'm finally getting biceps and a chest!!). I just love the way she plans them out and includes yoga (although I sometimes do Pilates reformer instead). The cardio is never overdone and always just enough....although, I may have to cut back or eat more..we'll see.

Well, time to workout.

Have a great day burners!!