Best tasting fat free plain yogurt?

suebee

Cathlete
Is this an oxy-moron? Best tasting fat free plain yogurt? I tried it years ago and it was gross. Well it is on my diet plan to try this again. I really like the flavored but I need to try the plain. I bought a small container of Dannon but have not tried it yet. I haven't found any Yoplait. Any suggestions?

Susan

What I like to use is Yoplait Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt and eat it with fresh cut fruit. I like to use dstrawberries, kiwis and bananas. You can throw in a few chocolate chips for a little extra flavor. I usually buy the big tubs with 4 servings because I eat a lot of yogurt.

I don't know too much about plain yogurt but I eat a lot of vanilla yougurt (I know not the same thing). I like the Carb Control Vanilla by Dannon. I'm not on a carb restricted diet but this stuff tastes good. However, it is called a dairy snack but is in the yougurt isle and has active yogurt cultures in it. I don't know what the difference is.

OOPS. I don't know how much fat is in the carb control either. That was your request wasn't it. Should never post before coffee.

Stonyfield Farms FF plain yogurt is fine. If I'm just eating it plain I put in a bit of splenda and cinnamon. Then it is really fine. It also has a decent amount of active yogurt cultures.

Hi Susan,

I've never tried plain yogurt. I used to love Horizon Organic's fat free vanilla. I think it was about 120 or 130 calories.

Hi Susan, I have tried stonyfield farm's plain yogurt.... its the best one i've tried although I don't care for it toooo much.

I'm a plain yogurt addict! I usually stir in nuts/raisons/dates/etc. though to liven it up. I love
Stoneyfield Farm
Horizon
brown cow

all are hormone free. :)

The only way I can eat plain lowfat or nonfat yoghurt is with pineapple added...canned or fresh...& a teeny bit of cinnamon, which is optional. The pineapple seems to really change the taste for some reason.:)

Why fat free? Cause of calories? Maybe less on calories but is usually high in chemicals or real/fake sugars. Nasty.

Wayne.

Wayne - you have a good point. that's why I stick to the plain - they don't add any of those nasty additives in. no fake sugar for me! I switch back and forth between the fat free and the 'full o' fat'! the regular tastes much richer. mmm mmm mmm.

pineapple sounds good! I also add blueberries and have done the cinnamon too. Cinnamon is awesome - it's very good for you and it really spices things up. :)

This makes me think I need to see if I can find the recipe I used to use to make my own yogurt when my children were small. Now this was a long time ago, but it was very good and there were no additives. We would add a little vanilla and some strawberries and granola or honey wheat germ. My children loved it. I would let it culture, or whatever it does, in a warm cabinet where our dryer vented out. It did not taste quite the same as store bought yogurt. Much better.
Diane Sue

Because on the Weight Watchers core program this is on the list of the core foods. If it is flavored I have to use points for it. I was just seeing if I could eat the plain yogurt. I just tried Dannon I had maybe a spoonfull and threw the rest out. I love the vanilla flavored.

Thanks

Susan

I love a bowl of blueberries in plain fat-free Yoplait. I just add a little vanilla extract, Splenda and cinnamon. Et voila! A delicious feast!

Patricia

I was wondering if vanilla extract would work. I never thought of splenda too. Since the yogurts are only 50 cents a piece I can do some experimenting. Thanks for the tip.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.