Best mp3 download sites??

alison13

Cathlete
I'm looking for a site that'll let me just buy and download the mp3's like itunes does, only I don't have an ipod! Napster, Rhapsody and Yahoo all require you to be a member and then you can purchase the tracks at a discounted price (whatever that is, they don't list it!). Does anyone have any good ideas?

Alison

Even if you don't have an ipod you can still use itunes to keep music on your computer. Through the itunes store you can purchase mp3 files and use them as you want.

If you buy music from itunes, you can't load it on anything but an ipod.

If anyone has figured out how to get purchased itunes music onto another mp3 player, please let me know.

Most music I buy from Walmart.com or Amazon.

Can you burn a cd on Itunes and then use Windows media player to rip the cd to an mp3? Hardly the ecological approach Mr Jobs would want you to take.

I never figured out how to download songs from itunes to my Creative mp3 player, so I bought a nano and now it's easy as pie. With my old mp3 player, I used mostly my CDs and Walmart.

This is one of the reasons I'm anti-Apple. They created their own music format which isn't compatible with the industry standards. The format is no better(or worse) than the MP3 format, just incompatible.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.