the bean

akizora

Cathlete
I just saw an infomercial for this thing. It's like a giant piece of foam shapped like a kidney bean that you use in the place of an exercise ball for crunches and other exercises. It looks like it would make these exercises far more comfortable for you back, but I guess you loose the aspect of trying to balance the ball. Has anyone tried one of these? What did you think?
Amy:+

Annette Bethel

I saw that as well. It would be interesting to say the least. Between the Ball, BodyWedge and Bean, I do need a "home gym"! Annette

I actually gave in to temptation and ordered the bean.

While you do lose some of the body-stabilizing elements of a stability ball, I think that can be compensated for by the ability to do crunches while lifting one foot off the floor (like oblique crunches), or the ability to do 'reverse' crunches on it.

I thought it also looks like a good alternative to getting down on the floor for some ab and lower body work (and would be less stable --and therefore require more of your body to stabilize) than lying on the floor would be).

Annette Bethel

Hi Kathryn,let me know if you like...:D, good name by the way, it is also my daughter's name but spelled Katheryne.

>Hi Kathryn,let me know if you like...:D, good name by the way,
>it is also my daughter's name but spelled Katheryne.

Interesting. I've seen it spelled many ways (with "C's" or "K's" ) but this is the first time I've seen this particular spelling.

WAAAAAY OT here, but I seem to remember reading a "Ripley's Believe It or Not" in the Sunday comics when I was a kid and it said there are 24 variations on how to spell the name Kathy/Katherine/etc.

I bet there have been 24 more varations added since I read that comic!

Susan L.G.

>WAAAAAY OT here,

Well, since this is the "open discussion" forum, and nothing is ' off topic,' and this is an aside based on posts in the thread....so what? ;-)

I can't imagine 24 variations on 'my' name.
Does "Quathrin" count? LOL!

I once had a friend named Judy Page, and she NEVER had to spell her name to people. I ALWAYS have to spell both my first AND my last name.

Well, I just didn't want to come across as trying to hijack the thread, but I just had to tell you!

;) ;)

Susan L.G.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.