Beachbody 21 Day Fix

fox2star

Cathlete
Hi,

Anyone have any experience with this? I know it's just a way to make you follow a portion control nutrition plan, ( which I am horrible at! :(), but you also get 6 - 30 minute workouts which may make it worth the price.

I thought I saw a thread on here about it, but can't seem to find it now..

I almost bought the set, glad I didn't. There is a lot of info on the portion control nutrition plan on the web;) I you want to I can sent you all the info I found ? All you need is a set of measuring cups. You don't need the containers, to follow the nutrition plan. From what I reading the instructor talks too much and walks around a lot. And her reps are off:eek: I am sure, you have enough Cathe or other circuit style workouts?

Belinda

I almost bought the set, glad I didn't. There is a lot of info on the portion control nutrition plan on the web;) I you want to I can sent you all the info I found ? All you need is a set of measuring cups. You don't need the containers, to follow the nutrition plan. From what I reading the instructor talks too much and walks around a lot. And her reps are off:eek: I am sure, you have enough Cathe or other circuit style workouts?

Belinda

Belinda, I'd love to see the info you found!

I have this and really like it. I like the instructor a lot something I did not expect to do. The workouts are 30 min. Little rest between exercises. I followed this for the 21 days and lost 7 lbs. The containers are maybe gimmicky but they worked for me. I eat clean basically but my portion control was not great and I liked to snack at night. I basically realized I wasn't eating enough during the day. The containers helped me to figure that out. The workouts are not very hard but they leave me feeling worked at the end and I always do them because they are only 30 min so no excuses. They also have a rotation that shows you how to double them up so you have an hour.
Autumn does walk around but I don't find that annoying and at times I find it even helpful as she points something out to one of her caste members.
I think the color coded containers are helpful. They tell you how to figure out how many calories you should be eating and then how many servings of each food group usng the containers. Green container is for vegies and you can have 3 or more containers. And same for carbs, proteins etc.
You can go to videofitness.com for more opinions and reviews.

I have been doing Cathe's workouts since the days of VHS and have done STS 2X. That said I still like these. Not every day is a knockdown drag out day and for 21 days I enjoyed these. I enjoyed them so much I am doing round 2. Plus following the meal plan with the containers (mainly eyeballing them not actually measuring) I lost 7 lbs.
These are different from Cathe in that they move quickly between exercises doing them in circuits with a 15 or 20 min second rest between sets. Plus if you double up you can make them harder. You have 1 min for each exercise so you can do as many as you fit in in that time frame. Sort of like Crossfit at times. The cast is usually going at their pace. There is 1 modifier.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Belinda: if you could send what you found, or tell me where that would be great! :).

I am still on the fence...

Phyllis, did you get from Beachbody directly?

No I bought it thru Mary at totalfitnessdvds.com. I never like enabling anyone for fear they won't like something. You can return it. Right now it is on backorder and won't be available until the end of March. It is easy to return things thru Mary. She really does have exemplary customer service.
I bought the basic set and then later ordered the 2 additional ones--Barre and Abs. That is back ordered also so I have not tried them yet.

Hello Belinda,
Could you please send me the information you found on portion control. I would apppreciate it.
Thank you
Krista Wilson

I've heard so many good things about Mary...how do you get to work with her? does she have a link or something you go to?

I've heard so many good things about Mary...how do you get to work with her? does she have a link or something you go to?

Deb,

Mary's main website is Total Fitness DVDs - Your Total Source for Fitness. That is where you go to find your typical workout DVDs (Cathe, Jillian Michaels, KCM, etc). She also posts daily and weekly specials through that site as well.

Then, if you want to order a Beachbody product, her BB website is Total Fitness DVDs Beachbody Products. The difference between the two websites just being ".com" versus ".net."

I echo what others have said about working with Mary, especially when it comes to Beachbody. I personally don't care to receive the typical Beachbody marketing (samples, emails, etc) and she doesn't try to upsell when you order a Beachbody product. I'm not saying anything negative about Beachbody coaches since I know others enjoy working with coaches, it's just that I prefer Mary's approach.

Lisa,

thanks for posting the links. I went to both, and there isn't any difference...Mary is not mentioned at all. This site says the product is on B/O for 4-6 weeks, but on the regular BB site, it says if you order now, you will get it in early April. Confusing.

Mary is the owner operator of totalfitnessdvd.com. If you have any questions, she is usually online for a chat or you can email her and she will respond. If you have any questions about the time frame ask her. She is very helpful and easy to do business with.
She is a BB coach.

I wanted to add that I bought "21"because I wanted to lose weight--about 10-15 lbs. I lost 7 lbs. the first round. I did not buy them to build muscle, stamina, endurance. So they did deliver for me. Now for another round and hopefully another 7 lbs.

I have this and really like it. I like the instructor a lot something I did not expect to do. The workouts are 30 min. Little rest between exercises. I followed this for the 21 days and lost 7 lbs. The containers are maybe gimmicky but they worked for me. I eat clean basically but my portion control was not great and I liked to snack at night. I basically realized I wasn't eating enough during the day. The containers helped me to figure that out. The workouts are not very hard but they leave me feeling worked at the end and I always do them because they are only 30 min so no excuses. They also have a rotation that shows you how to double them up so you have an hour.
Autumn does walk around but I don't find that annoying and at times I find it even helpful as she points something out to one of her caste members.
I think the color coded containers are helpful. They tell you how to figure out how many calories you should be eating and then how many servings of each food group usng the containers. Green container is for vegies and you can have 3 or more containers. And same for carbs, proteins etc.
You can go to videofitness.com for more opinions and reviews.

PhyllisG, I am glad you like the workout and containers. Like I said, I don't have the workouts but wanted to follow the eating program with the info that is out on the web. I was following the second range the 1,500 to 1,799. I am doing STS and P90X3. Love the variety you get with P90X3. I also log my food into MFP, which showed I wasn't eating in that cal range:eek: I do think the program is a great for people and like me that need help with portion control and eating clean. I also realized I ate too many carbs:roll eyes: In my calorie range, I get 4 greens which is your veg =1 cup, 3 purple which is your fruit =1 cup, 4 red which is your proteins = 3/4 cup, 3 yellow which is your carbs +beans = 1/2 cup, 1 blue which are your healthy fats, nuts + cheese 1/3 cup, 1 orange which is your seeds, oil, coconut, dressing, 4 tsp = olive oil, peanut butter. I had to eat more proteins than 3 cups, I also eat more vegetables than 3 cups a day. Like I said I following this eating program very, I mean very loosely. I make sure, I only limit my carbs (good ones ) to 2 a day and make sure I eat them before 6 a.m.I also logged my food into MFP and was under every time:eek: I been following this and doing P90X3 and STS and lost 12 pounds in 12 weeks. No matter what program you do, diet is the key! Her program isn't any different that's what's already out there. As far as those tiny, color coded container…yes, they fun but not necessary, IMO! I bought some cheap, colored measuring containers at TJMax, they doing the job. Her workout look like fun, but I haven't seen with her workouts I already seen/have. I don't think I need those workouts to lose weight or follow her program, JMO! Have fun and congrats on your weight loss!

Last edited:
Sorry, I was out to town yesterday. I went over to videofitness.com and checked more opinions and reviews, I have to say it's pretty much what I found too:D I also wanted to add, check out FB, MFP, Pinterest, youtube for more opinions/reviews and recipes! I am not trying to talk anyone out of buying the BB product, I am sure it's a great program. Heck, I probably own most of the BB products:p If you just want to follow the eating program, you can do without paying lot's of $$ on containers. Those little, tiny containers are nothing but color coded measuring cups.JMO!

I almost forgot you can print the Tally Sheets at Beachbody.com and your all set!

Last edited:
I think following the eating program and doing P90X3 is a great way to go. I have been tempted by P90X3 but haven't caved yet. The container sizes are certainly an eye opener!

I think following the eating program and doing P90X3 is a great way to go. I have been tempted by P90X3 but haven't caved yet. The container sizes are certainly an eye opener!

PhyllisG, I highly recommend P90X3! No dread factor:eek: Lots of variety.The workouts are tough. I have a heal spur/PF since last year, I do have to take out all that jumping:confused: Not only did I lose weight with watching what I eat and drink, I also lost a lot of inches. I am in week 12 with P90X3 of the Classic rotation, this week I am also finishing STS M3 Week 4. Once I am done with P90X3 I will take a week recovery than go on to P90X3 Lean rotation and do the GS's I am also following Cathe's Body Building rotation: That will keep me busy until August 15:eek:D I agree, the container sizes are an eye opener.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.