Barack Obama is President of the United States of America

hopefully this will be the shot in the arm that will help move our country forward with respects to LOTS of issues, including our economy!

If it had been McCain winning I doubt you would have seen a thread like this smacking at people.

Ever heard the phrase "win with dignity and lose with grace"

I'll take the higher road thank you and sit back and watch the next four years and how it all unfolds.

I'm excited for the country. I think we need change and I think we need a new direction.

I have to absolutely admire McCain for his concession speech. It was elegent and uniting. One of the best concession speeches I have ever heard. I think we all need to learn something from that speech - we do more good together than we could ever do apart.

If it had been McCain winning I doubt you would have seen a thread like this smacking at people.

Ever heard the phrase "win with dignity and lose with grace"

I'll take the higher road thank you and sit back and watch the next four years and how it all unfolds.

I forget sometimes not everyone shares my beliefs and I truly apologize for offending. For me, this is a once-in-a-lifetime moment and, in my excitement, I just... let it out. Perhaps mine was not the best choice and I accept that I was wrong. Please forgive.

Forgiven Stacy . .

Truly if it had been someone like me who supported McCain I would not have posted like that knowing that if I did I would have been hung from a tree around here. However I understand that your excited. I hope he can bring change - but not by "spreading the wealth". And if I were Jewish I would be very nervous. Israel is screwed.

Ok = off my soapbox.

Now on to bigger fish to fry for me . . .like ousting the current superintendent and school board over the new "everyone wins and no one loses" athletic policy.

Take Care and get some sleep -

One more thing . .you will get many additional posts on your thread.

And I will get nailed to the wall by a select few but that is OK.

You have taken the higher road.

I'm excited for the country. I think we need change and I think we need a new direction.

I have to absolutely admire McCain for his concession speech. It was elegent and uniting. One of the best concession speeches I have ever heard. I think we all need to learn something from that speech - we do more good together than we could ever do apart.

He is a class act and I am sure he meant everything he said. Thank you for making note of it.

WOW. We are living a historic moment... I am completely overcome. No matter your political persuasion you have to pause-- I know my whole family has tonight, and I'm Maria to DH's Arnold, so to speak... lol!
What an amazing thing. I just hope the nation can come together now and work through the issues facing us.

I am also SO proud tonight. I don't think I have ever been so proud of my country. And I was very proud of McCain for giving such a humble and kind concession speech. My heart goes out to him. It really does. I cannot imagine putting your soul into something and being so disappointed. But I truly feel that the country has moved in such a wonderful new direction giving hope to so many. I'm very inspired. This will be one of those evenings that I will talk about to my kids and grandkids...

I

I completely agree. I thought McCain showed a lot of class. I hope he continues working in the Senate trying to bridge the partisan differences.

John McCain is da bomb. You won't find a single Democrat who doesn't like the man. What's NOT to like? I wish he'd been elected President eight years ago. His help will be crucial and he means it when he says it's time to join together. He's right. It is. Let us now pray some stupid ya-hoo from the lunatic fringe doesn't get in the way of getting this train back on track.

John McCain is da bomb. You won't find a single Democrat who doesn't like the man. What's NOT to like? I wish he'd been elected President eight years ago. His help will be crucial and he means it when he says it's time to join together. He's right. It is. Let us now pray some stupid ya-hoo from the lunatic fringe doesn't get in the way of getting this train back on track.

Elaborate on stupid yahoo . .

Let's see how we all feel in 4 years....or maybe even 2 years...

Would the comments of "historic night" and all of that been said if McCain would have been elected bringing with him the first women VP? I wonder . .

I'm referring to an assassination attempt. Surely, you agree anyone attempting to assassinate the President of the United States (regardless of party affiliation) qualifies as a "ya-hoo?"

Oh - sorry - It's late and I did not make the connection. I guess I was thinking terrorist or something like that.

Yes you are so correct.

Time for bed . .!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.