Banslug (Gayle)!! Food Steamer report!

upnorthchick

Cathlete
Gayle!

I don't think I can thank you enough for recommending the Oster Food Steamer!! My new steamer has taken my tilapia to a whole new level! :D

I have only tried a few things in it, but so far the tilapia, broccoli, and corn on the cob ROCK!!

Thank you for enabling me!! ;)

Oh yes, I am still loving that thing! I use it almost every night. I finally tried the egg thingy too & it is fabulous! No overcooking or undercooking eggs ever again........at the risk of repeating myself, I wish I'd known about this thing years ago. :)

YAY!!!!! You've made my day! I'm so glad you both like it so much. I'm super jealous about the egg piece,and am going to search online to see if I can buy just that part.

Happy steaming (I'm using mine everyday too!)

edited to add: OMG! Listen to this! I called Customer Service for Oster and asked if I could buy JUST the egg part(s) to use in my very OLD Oster steamer. She checked it out and they are going to send me the larger bowl and the egg part(s) to see if it would fit/sit on my steamer. FREE of CHARGE! Talk about Customer Service! :)

Gayle

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this little gadget ever since the last post. I must check it out again! What kinds of things can you cook in it?

Has anyone steamed rice in the Oster steamer? Kohl's has a sale tomorrow for the Oster Rice Cooker for $9.99. That might be with a rebate. But if the Oster Steamer can cook rice, maybe that would be a better buy, since you can use it for other foods. Kohl's has the steamer for $42.99 on sale.

Dianne

I bookmarked this after you talked about it the first time! I'm glad Kohl's has it on sale! I just got a $10 gift card in the mail today from Kohl's! I may be getting myself an Oster steamer this weekend!

I cook brown rice in my veggie steamer all the time, with the rice bowl that came with it. Comes out 100% perfect every single time. I cook anything and everything in this steamer. Veggies of all kinds, apples and pears to soften them and make apple/pear sauce, meats or fish either as-is or seasoned or in packets. EVERYTHING gets tossed in my steamer. I sometimes even reheat leftovers in it to keep things moist....left over chicken, especially, comes out nice the next night since it adds moisture to it instead of drying it out like the microwave might.

Julie, I bought mine about 9 years ago!!!!! 9 YEARS and it's still going strong and functions as if it were new. I bought mine at a department store, but you can buy it anywhere or online. Amazon has a great deal right now:
http://www.amazon.com/Oster-5712-El...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1250650656&s

I LOVE this kitchen toy!!!

Gayle

I bookmarked this after you talked about it the first time! I'm glad Kohl's has it on sale! I just got a $10 gift card in the mail today from Kohl's! I may be getting myself an Oster steamer this weekend!

Kohl's rocks! If you use your Kohl's credit card when buying your steamer, I bet you could get an additional 15% off in addition to using the $10 gift card. Usually, you just have to ask the cashier. :)

Kohl's rocks! If you use your Kohl's credit card when buying your steamer, I bet you could get an additional 15% off in addition to using the $10 gift card. Usually, you just have to ask the cashier. :)

I used to get military discounts that way! Couldn't beat it, especially when they had their 50% off sales! Boy, do I miss that!

edited to add: OMG! Listen to this! I called Customer Service for Oster and asked if I could buy JUST the egg part(s) to use in my very OLD Oster steamer. She checked it out and they are going to send me the larger bowl and the egg part(s) to see if it would fit/sit on my steamer. FREE of CHARGE! Talk about Customer Service! :)

Gayle

WOOHOO!! That is awesome!! Gotta love great customer service!! I hope the new parts fit!! :cool:

Had to revive this thread just to let all of you know that I got a killer deal on this steamer!!! On Kohl's website, they listed it on sale for $32.99. When I went to the store, they had it for $27.99! I added my $10 gift card and got my steamer for $17.99!!!! :eek:

Oh happy day! I rarely ever get this kind of a deal! :D

Now, what do I do with it? :eek::p

Awesome deal!!! What to do with it now.......do you have any fresh veggies in your fridge....carrots, beans, squash? How about potatoes in your pantry? Corn on the cob??? Steam whatever you've got!!!

Or how about eggs....did your steamer come with that egg steamer insert??? Try it out!

Have fun!!!

Gayle

p.s. OH! How about a bag of frozen veggies stuffed in the back of your freezer??? Steam that tomorrow for lunch instead of boiling or microwaving it as the package says (much better steamed)!

Oh, yes! I intend to hard-boil some eggs for my salads tomorrow! I try to eat a salad everyday for lunch, but without the egg, it isn't filling! I'll be using it to steam some fish for dinner tomorrow, too!

Oh, yes! I intend to hard-boil some eggs for my salads tomorrow! I try to eat a salad everyday for lunch, but without the egg, it isn't filling! I'll be using it to steam some fish for dinner tomorrow, too!

That is a SMOKIN' deal you got at Kohl's-I love that place!

You are gonna love steamed fish! :)

Happy steaming!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.