Band Wall Hook?

LizC7

Cathlete
Hi Everyone
So I want to use the bands instead of doing pull ups all the time. How does it hook to the wall? Looking for recommendations. Thanks!

I actually don't have a closed door in my workout room. It's just an open space. Is there anything that can be attached to a wall?

My hubby installed a large clip hook onto an eye bolt in the wall (into a stud, not the drywall.) I"ll see if I can take a photo of it when I get home and post it.

Kristen

Liz, you might try a large removable wall hook by 3M. We have these things all over our house, and they are great!

Lisa

If you are trying to do pull ups or really exerting any major resistance against these 3D thingies, they are going to come right off the wall, with you falling on your butt.

SInce you have an open space, see if you can drill a closed hook into the wall at the height of the top of a door (where the SPRI door attachment would go), then buy a carabiner (those things used by climbers, see below) and insert that into the closed hook. Then, you have an open-able attachment so you can switch in and out any band or tubing you want (incl ones with attached handles). This is what I would do in your position.

Carabiners at REI

Home solutions are usually just as good as ones marketed by fitness companies.

Clare

If you are trying to do pull ups or really exerting any major resistance against these 3D thingies, they are going to come right off the wall, with you falling on your butt.

Oh my goodness, thanks Clare for pointing that out! I thought Liz had asked about STORAGE for the bands. When I read the original post, my brain totally missed the fact that she wanted them for pull-up purposes. Sheesh! Sorry LizC7!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.