back after a year of injury & laziness...

Hey guys....I am back again after a long year away. I lost 30lbs last year, and then stopped working out because my I went from working part time to full time, then had surgery to have a plate removed from my thigh bone. I am trying to get my motivation back...but it is very hard. My leg is not 100% yet, I am still on crutches for a few more weeks, so I can't do lower body work yet, which is frustrating. I am determined to get healthy again. I have been taking Chantix, and have quit smoking (finally)! I know I will find the motivation I need on here again like I did before.

Congratulations on your weight loss last year! And on quitting smoking this year! That's two huge lifestyle changes. I'm sorry to hear about your leg, but try to be patient. I'm trying to consider my rehab as part of the process of getting fitter ... it'll just take a bit longer. You might want to focus on refining your eating while you rehab -- you'll feel like you're accomplishing something and it might help with the smoking cessation. Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Deb

Well done! You have made major commitments to improving your health, that is excellent!

Remember: patience!!!! After you ditch the crutches, make sure you set aside ample time for rehab and complete the full designated time for rehab exercises before you start back with a serious exercise program. Then, start slow, go gradually, baby yourself and allow yourself to make your way back in your own time. Listen to your body to avoid future injuries. The fitness journey is what it is all about. My life and health are such that I am always staging a fitness comeback, I'm always involved in the journey, I never "arrive". That's just how it is. But, the results achieved along the way are still thrilling because they are mine and significant for and to me.

Welcome back and best of luck to you,

Clare

thanks for the encouragement...I am really excited to get back full speed. I have been doing some upper body work already since I can't do the lower part yet. Thx again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.