Attn: DebbieH

clareMc

Cathlete
Hey Debbie!

I just slipped back in quietly there, and you noticed! What a sweetie you are.

We had a good time. I think the kids had a better time than I did. I come from a large family, but have lived over here for 13 years away from them, and I found it hard to get used to being surrounded by people 24/7 with barely a moment to myself top think!!!! By the time I got used to them all again, 3 weeks had passed and we ghad to fly back. I spent three days moping around after returning thinking, "oh no, back here again and the usual routine!!!!" But a lot of that has to do with the usual conflicting feelings surrounding the start of another academic year: having to knuckle down to work again full throttle, starting kids at a new school, endless paperwork etc.

So we took off as a family over the Labour day w/e and travelled around the Michigan shoreline, at Sleeping Bear dunes, swimming a little, hiking a little, camping and eating ice cream on a bench watching small town Michigan life go by, and it was perfect. We hadn't had a holiday as a family for 3 years, and even 4 days is important to all reconnect. I loved it.

So in London I took the kids to lots of touristy places and they had a blast! The Tudor Hampton Court (residence of Henry viii and James 1st), the Tower of London (11th century royal residence on the Thames turned dungeons for chopping off famous heads!!), London Zoo and Aquarium, the London Eye (huge ferris wheel to see all over Cental London and Big Ben and the Houses of parliament), and Legoland (fun rides and the like). We visited family members, all hung out at the beach, drank coffee, went shopping til we dropped at the local malls, my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party was fabulous and went really well; I wore a gorgeous slinky purple silk dress my sister bought for me and I saw people I have not seen for 15 years and hardly any of them have changed at all! and I didn't work out once!! No time!!!!!

So I have just been for my first power walk today and the sky was so blue I loved it.

So Debbie, how are YOU?????? How has your Summer been? How are the grandkids and when do you get to see them next? How's the recovery from injury getting on and are you back on your normal teaching schedule yet?

Answers on a postcard please!!!!!! Look forward to talking to you some more,

Clare :D :D :D

Hi Clare! (Warning: VEEEERY looong!)

Whoaaa girl! You've been a busy gal! WELCOME HOME! The family time sounds wonderful. Glad you were able to make it all work out. How neat all the places you got to see and experience with your kids. I'm sure they DID have a blast. There will always be time to catch up on missed workouts. Time spent with kids/family/friends is priceless. Glad you had a safe trip home.

I am doing great. Thanks for asking. I am slowly coming back from my injury but have been able to do more intense workouts. Woo-Hooo! I have been flying high as a kite. (even did Cathe's HSTA today. What FUN!) I'm still not 100% so taking it step-by-step. I start back to teaching next week on Monday. I have been practicing my routines and I think I'm ready to go. I LOVE my breaks but miss my students bunches when we are not together. Gotta love the lunch out after our workouts too, ya' know? Tee-Heee!

The grandkids are great too. They were here this weekend with Mommy & Daddy. Kennedy showed up in a lil' pink tu-tu (sp.?) with a lil' pink feathery tiara and a wand at our front doot. Too, too cute! Colton is just full of smiles at 10 weeks old :7 Could just squeeze him to death!

I had a story to share with you about my Friday! I am going to copy & paste an e-mail I wrote to my friend. WARNING, VERY loong:

I have a story to tell you about my Friday. It was Dave's day off so we had LOTS to do that day. We had two appointments with his parents to take them to see two diff condos that were for sale. (We are encouraging them to get one.) Soooo, I get a phone call during the first appointment from my son Jonathan asking what we were doing and when we would be home. I asked why since he had a friend's wedding that night???? He said, "Oh I was just wondering." He then asked how long it would take. I then asked again, "WHY???" No reason he said, just wondering. So, I get off the phone with him and said to Dave, "He is up to something!" We then, about an hour & a half later, take Dave's parents to the second appointment and during it, Dave's Mom has to go to the restroom real bad so I have to leave with her to take her to a nearby gas station and while she is in the restroom, Jonathan calls AGAIN! He says, "What's up?" I said I am at the gas station with Grandma getting ready to take her back to the condo. I said why are you calling? Do you NEED something? He says, "No, I was just wondering where you guys are going for dinner." It's probably about 4:00 at this time. I said why, are you going to meet us? He says, "No, I have a wedding reception AFTER the wedding. I just was wondering where you & Grandma & Pa were going to eat." I precede to tell him we don't know at this point and I NEED to get Grandma back. He says, "Okay." I get back and tell Dave, "Jon is really up to SOMETHING!!!!!" During these times on the phone with Jon, I tell him through tears to really be praying hard for Aunt Susie & Aunt Lorrie (my two sisters down in Florida) because they are going to be hit super hard with Hurricane Frances. He said he hadn't even been listening to the news but he would pray. I had been emotional all day and tried not to think about it too much as it made me want to cry. We then, had an appointment for Dave & I to look at a twinplex, then, went back to pick his parents up to take them out to dinner. We then, went back to their house and watched TV til about 10:30 PM. I got a phone call from Suz & Lor (my sisters) while we were there. They said they were doing okay, but I could tell they were very nervous. They were out having coffee together. I was surprised as Lorrie had been a wreck all week about the hurricane and I thought, "Wow, I'm glad Suz could get her out." They wanted to know what we were doing & WHEN we were going home??? I told them about our day and that we were headed home right then. We got home about 11:00 PM. We were home about 2 minutes and someone rang our doorbell. I said to Dave who in the world is that??? We figured it was Jon. We went and opened the door and guess who was there???? Suz & Lorrie!!!!! I was in total shock as I had been worrying soooo bad about them all day. Of course, they weren't real happy with me as they had been here in Ohio since the early morning! Jon was TRYING to get us home without letting us know they were in town!!! He was with them when he would call me and I would be about in tears carrying on about them and it was all he could do to keep from telling me! Soooo, they ARE FINE! They are still here and I have a feeling will not be able to go home as planned on Tuesday AM due to airports being closed. They had made their reservations to come two months ago to surprise me and when the time actually came, they didn't know whether to leave their families. It was a VERY stressful decision for them but Randy & Frankie insisted. They got the LAST flight out of Orlando and then, the airport was shut down. Sunday during the Hurricane was very emotional. Lots & lots of crying and up & down emotions not knowing if their families would be okay, but both families came thru it fine. They are both without electricity but their cell phones are working. Battery is getting LOW at this point so will probably lose contact soon. Suz's house lost shingles. I told her, Frances can HAVE the shingles, your family is FINE! She agreed! :) Randy has never been sooo scared. Said there was nothing like the sound, the pounding and noises that sounded like rocks hitting their home. Everyone is quarantined into their homes due to power lines being down and all. Very, very depressing down there for them and Lor & Suz feel a bit guilty. I keep reassuring them that their hubbies would want them here. I was sooo relieved they were here. I had told Jon in one of my phone calls, I lost my Mom, then, my Dad, then, my brother. I said I CAN'T lose a sis now!!! Needless to say, I called him after Suz & Lor surprised me and told him, "Mom ALWAYS knows when you are up to something!!!" He laughed!!!

Guess this is MORE then you asked about but I just wanted to share with you my joy that they were all okay! :) Thanks Clare for posting to me. Sooo, sooo goood to hear from you. HUGS!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hi Clare! (Warning: VEEEERY looong!)

Gosh, Debbie

What part of Florida does your family live in? Must be near the coast. We live in Ocoee, just west of Orlando and didn't suffer much damage at all (except to our nerves). We did lose power for about 18 hours but thank goodness we have it back now.

Hi Candi!

One lives in Deltona and the other in Casselberry. During Charlie, they both lost ALL their trees (quite a few) but this time, besides the shingles, they did pretty good. Their nerves were shot too. Both of my sisters said they had never before heard their hubbys' voices to be that nervous. So glad it's all over and I hope Hurricane Ivan misses them, you and all of Florida. I think they have had quite enough. Glad you are doing okay.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hi Candi!

Wow! I know Casselberry got hit real hard during Charlie and Deltona was creamed by Frances. It must have been very hard for them to leave their husbands behind.

Ivan is supposed to miss us, but these hurricanes have a mind of their own.

I told my husband they need to just declare Florida a tropical rain forrest as we have had so much wet weather this year. On the flip side, my grass looks great:+ .

Best wishes to your family:)

RE: Hi Candi!

Hey Debbie...so glad your family is ok. My brother & his family live in Deltona. HEY...maybe we could both go visit our relatives at the same time!
They & the rest of my family in FL are ok too...SO glad everyone on the Forum & their families are ok.
Very stressful not knowing, isn't it?
Ruth:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.