Athleta fall catalog

nancy324

Cathlete
I don't mean to be an enabler ;), but have you checked out the latest Athleta catalog? Since Amyg brought my attention to the clothes, I just fell in love with the designs and the high quality of the fabrics. It's funny, because their stuff does not fit me, yet I keep trying to buy something. One of the customer service people there has the same problem I do: we're not pear-shaped and we don't have tiny waists and big hips. Yet she works there and keeps trying to find pants that will fit her! LOL!

I just placed an order knowing full well that most of the stuff will probably have to go back. :confused: But I can't help myself. I'm determined to find a pair of Athleta pants where the thighs aren't too baggy and the waist doesn't give me a muffin-top effect. I'd be happy to just be able to keep one pair of pants and a few tops.

If you're pear-shaped and feeling enabled, don't blame innocent little me. Blame Amyg. :rolleyes:

I have to second Nancy's comments on the quality of clothes at Athleta. They just have such a wonderful feel. And if you shop the sales rack you can get some good bargains ;)

Runs into thread, yelling lalalalala with blindfolders on. Must.resist.temptation!!!!!

Athleta are my favorite workout clothes, it's great quality. Nothing compares to Athleta. It is a bit pricey but as Catherine said you can get good deals on their sales rack.

The only complaint I have about them is the somewhat slow shipping.

Nancy, have you tried the Dipper pants? They are still a tiny bit loose on the waist for me, but work for the most part, and my husband likes the way they look on me. Try them if you haven't.

-Beth

Nancy, have you tried the Dipper pants? They are still a tiny bit loose on the waist for me, but work for the most part, and my husband likes the way they look on me. Try them if you haven't.

-Beth

Beth,
Thanks. Apparently, the Dipper pants would have been perfect for me last season, but they just changed the styling for a looser fit in the hips and thighs so that I'd have to size down and the waist would be too small. :mad:. The customer service woman who is trying stuff on for me says they won't work for me anymore. DARN!! :(

Last edited:
Hmmm, . . you know Nancy you're right, . . about the fit. I like the yoga shorts I think that they're called Chatarunga but they do fit a little strange. The quality, . . .I have to vouch for. The Om top is REALLY great quality and I think that cross over top fit with the empire seam is flatering on everyone. They came out with new colors this year and darn it, . . I just want, want, want them. I had to tailor my shorts, but now they git like a glove. The quality is the best out there, I would even have to say better than lululemon, and beyond yoga, . .two of my other favorites.

Janie, any top suggestions for me? I have to wear a bra underneath, and the bra has thick straps which do not look good when seen. So racerbacks and such are out. I just ordered the scoop neck organic tees and sweater, which I'm looking forward to receiving.

Great Catheite minds must think alike as I was just on this website yesterday debating some purchases. Everything in there is beautiful-makes me want to do yoga even! Has anyone tried any of their cami bra tops with the underwire? They come in my unusual size (32C) and are supposedly good for high impact activities? I'd love to hear any opinions before I take the plunge.

Nancy, I hope something you bought works out for you! And I wish my hair looked like yours when I cut mine short. It's so pretty!

I also fell in love with Athleta, for me after shopping for the RT. Same situation here, I buy, send back. They have many cool clothes!!

Thank you for introducing me to this line. I just checked it out and ended up ordering their luscious wrap sweater in each color. Hopefully it will drop below 80 degrees here in San Diego so I can wear one!!
BooBoo

Thank you for introducing me to this line. I just checked it out and ended up ordering their luscious wrap sweater in each color. Hopefully it will drop below 80 degrees here in San Diego so I can wear one!!
BooBoo

Booboo, that sweater is gorgeous. Now I want one! :eek: I missed it somehow before.

I'm eyeballing the dipper pants. Can anyone tell me how they run size wise? I normally wear a 2 or 4 in most clothing lines.

The dipper pants seem to be great for a pear. I have two pairs in size 6 and I usually wear a 6. They're a bit big in the waist, so I thought I could go for a size 4, but I think they sent me the older style of 4 when they didn't have it so filled out for a pear shape, and the 4 definitely doesn't work for me. Since you'd probably be getting the newer fuller style, you might want to try the 2. They're a very flattering pant for me.

-Beth

Janie, any top suggestions for me? I have to wear a bra underneath, and the bra has thick straps which do not look good when seen. So racerbacks and such are out. I just ordered the scoop neck organic tees and sweater, which I'm looking forward to receiving.

Nancy, . . .you enabler. You see what you've started? :)
Actually I usually wear a bra underneath too. I'm not quite sure what to suggest, . . .the pressure and in all honesty the only peices I own are the om top, bra top cami (yes they are super comfy, and they give you a nice boob shape, as well as keep the girls in their place- I bought a few in organic cotton this year when they were on sale) and the chaturanga yoga shorts. These few peices are constructed extremely well and hold up in the wash. I really like the organic tees,. . . . . hmmm, . . .let me know what you think when you get them.

The dipper pants seem to be great for a pear. I have two pairs in size 6 and I usually wear a 6. They're a bit big in the waist, so I thought I could go for a size 4, but I think they sent me the older style of 4 when they didn't have it so filled out for a pear shape, and the 4 definitely doesn't work for me. Since you'd probably be getting the newer fuller style, you might want to try the 2. They're a very flattering pant for me.

-Beth

Yeah, I always have a problem with things being too big in the waist. Do these have stretch? If so, I think I will try the 2 first and go from there. I really want the purple pair :eek:

Thanks!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.